Why are PS4 fanboys so obsessed with the Xbox One? It has barely any advantages

#41zero3384Posted 9/14/2013 8:33:49 AM
Bryant187 posted...
+1 and requested sticky.

---
GT: Zerofoxy3384
#42NewMoonShadowPosted 9/14/2013 8:53:44 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
They aren't the same in terms of what they are. The argument isn't that they are the same. Its the people vary extremely on how much they care about privacy to begin with. There is potential for a lot more private information to be disclosed on FB (and it gets disclosed all the time...). Point is, these people don't even care when this stuff is public. There are people that care and people that don't. You have to determine for yourself whether you want to use things like FB, Xbox One, Skype, Google and so on. We aren't in disagreement here.

However much it varies I think everyone would agree that someone watching them and collecting marketing data on them through a camera installed in their living room is incredibly creepy.

Yes but thats like all things. PC gamers need to deal with a lot of things they don't want. See the video cards in my sig? I bought them for Dawn of War 2. Guess which video card happens to not work for Dawn of War 2? Yes lucky me. PC has tons of problems as well as any platform. Some people might still buy a PS Eye for PS4 even though it won't likely be nearly as well integrated as Kinect. Many people would pay an extra $100 fee to get dedicated servers. Saying that Kinect is the only thing being paid for when MS has spent billions on games and servers as well as Kinect is misleading. The Kinect also directly facilitates a better UI and more options as well as being a 6 player controller for casual games.

... Did you just compare video card faults to the Kinect? I... what?

And the Kinect's current UI is a joke (yes I own one), so unless you know something about the One I don't I'm gonna have to call BS there.

And once again, 6-player isn't gonna happen outside of dance titles (which is the only thing the Kinect is good for).

They chose to integrate it so that it will have better support. If you truly don't like Kinect and don't care for dedicated servers and the other stuff, then a PS4 is good. I guess this does somewhat make sense with your argument that MS is buying up exclusives but thats for both sides.

Name a third-party exclusive PlayStation has "bought"? If anything over the years all of the third-party games that were supposed to be exclusives to PS were paid by Microsoft to go multiplatform. Pretty much all the PS-exclusives are either Sony-Published or Developed by a company they own. Or are very, very Japanese games that don't get released on X-Box simply because they don't sell there.

Your posts were respectable up until now. Tons of people love motion gaming. I bought Kinect just for the kids but I ended up using it a lot. Now that it is a key part of the hardware, we will definitely get more of those games. No one is saying you need to like it. Saying what other people like is useless isn't an argument.

Just reflecting the point of view of most people who down the Kinect.

Are you sure about that? Because I am pretty sure the vast majority of that extra cost was Bluray and Cell as Sony has stated... The Bluray Player was completely for the format war and was terrible for gamers. The Cell processor was something that gave developers a huge headache for very little performance gain and costed way more than off the shelf parts that did the same. This was to push their own proprietary CPUs.

There were extra costs associated with the Blu-Ray, sure, but it is a fact that the first wave of PS3's contained PS2 hardware inside of them. They did this because it was something gamers everywhere really, really wanted. When the system didn't sell because the costs were driven so high, they removed the PS2 hardware, and the backwards compatibility in order to reduce the price of the system.
#43NewMoonShadowPosted 9/14/2013 8:57:53 AM(edited)
It's not like they could remove the Blu-Ray even if they wanted to, given that the new games were specifically designed to run on them at that point.

Anyway, it's easy to be accusatory here, but given that Sony was also the first company to use DVD's for games in the PS2, which benefitted everyone all around, it's not hard to think maybe they actually thought it would be beneficial to everyone. And it wasn't at first, but it's hard to argue it's not handy now that Blu-Ray's and HDTV's have taken hold.

But it mostly didn't. MGS4 took 3 minute installs between chapters... games became extremely unoptimized and required mandatory PARTIAL installs that was comparable to full game installs on the same titles on Xbox 360. We basically paid an extra $200 so they could beat down HD DVD.

Yeah, no. Again, they didn't remove the Blu-Ray hardware to bring the cost down, they removed the PS2 hardware.

Actually... Nintendo releases more games than Sony or MS. Its the third parties that don't like it. They even bought two exclusives from Platinum games which is pretty impressive.

Neither of the Platinum games are actually out yet.

Looking at the Wii U list, the only games they've released since last September are "Game & Wario" and "Pikmin 3"... and "New Super Luigi U" if you feel like counting DLC.

Whether it is or not, it is a huge advantage to people who own an Xbox One. The PS2 and PS4 do this as well so its not like an exclusive MS feature. MS just has more money and they like to use it to muscle people. Sony used this muscle in the PS2 era and completely killed the competition with real and timed exclusives.

No it's not an advantage to those who own an XBox One. It doesn't benefit you at all. The game would release at the same time if it was also on the PlayStation, and it would be just as good. All it does is screw over PlayStation owners, intentionally screw over PlayStation owners, to try to entice them into switching.

Also Sony didn't buy exclusivity in the PS1/PS2 era. Things worked differently back then. Game consoles were wildly different at the time, so much so in the 16-bit era that the same game would be Developed by two different companies and have little/no resemblance to each other. It was slightly different in the PS era, but suffice to say the PS and N64 were so different choosing one or the other was the simple option. (Also LolSaturn)

As for the PS2 era? Well when one console has such a magnificently astounding lead over its competition, it probably seemed pointless to make most major titles multiplatform. It'd be like porting your library of SNES games to the Atari Jaguar.

It wasn't like it is today where the consoles are basically just dedicated gaming PC's.
#44jakestar0306Posted 9/14/2013 9:06:45 AM
ZZZGundam posted...
Hey. Stahp.

You can't stahp the truth. It'll shine through in the end.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#45CyberneticRatPosted 9/14/2013 9:16:02 AM
OandA_Pest posted...
Check this out, broski.

PlayStation 4 - Top 10 Pre-orders

1. Battlefield 4 - 246,965
2. Call of Duty: Ghosts - 240,090
3. Killzone: Shadow Fall - 221,710
4. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 160,637
5. Watch Dogs - 118,315
6. Madden NFL 25 - 65,123
7. Destiny - 44,018
8. NBA 2K14 - 43,430
9. Knack - 40,982
10. FIFA Soccer 14 - 35,095

Xbox One - Top 10 Pre-orders

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts - 229,628
2. Battlefield 4 - 125,368
3. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 104,980
4. Watch Dogs - 69,152
5. Dead Rising 3 - 61,254
6. Ryse: Son of Rome - 57,962
7. Forza Motorsport 5 - 56,201
8. Madden NFL 25 - 43,167
9. Destiny - 35,627
10. Titanfall - 27,956

I love how only 2 of the top 10 PS4 games preordered are actual exclusives while Xbox One has 4 of their's in the top 10. Unsurprisingly, Killzone is quite high on the list. Probably because it's one of the only exclusives on the PS4 and the PS4 gamers have no other exclusives to preorder. Great variety in exclusives there.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#46NewMoonShadowPosted 9/14/2013 9:28:08 AM
CyberneticRat posted...
OandA_Pest posted...
Check this out, broski.

PlayStation 4 - Top 10 Pre-orders

1. Battlefield 4 - 246,965
2. Call of Duty: Ghosts - 240,090
3. Killzone: Shadow Fall - 221,710
4. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 160,637
5. Watch Dogs - 118,315
6. Madden NFL 25 - 65,123
7. Destiny - 44,018
8. NBA 2K14 - 43,430
9. Knack - 40,982
10. FIFA Soccer 14 - 35,095

Xbox One - Top 10 Pre-orders

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts - 229,628
2. Battlefield 4 - 125,368
3. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 104,980
4. Watch Dogs - 69,152
5. Dead Rising 3 - 61,254
6. Ryse: Son of Rome - 57,962
7. Forza Motorsport 5 - 56,201
8. Madden NFL 25 - 43,167
9. Destiny - 35,627
10. Titanfall - 27,956

I love how only 2 of the top 10 PS4 games preordered are actual exclusives while Xbox One has 4 of their's in the top 10. Unsurprisingly, Killzone is quite high on the list. Probably because it's one of the only exclusives on the PS4 and the PS4 gamers have no other exclusives to preorder. Great variety in exclusives there.

I love how literally all of the multiplats have more pre-orders for PS4 than they do for XBox One.
#47Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/14/2013 9:30:00 AM
look at the fierce battle for launch games. it's disgusting but i can't look away...
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#48pblimp360Posted 9/14/2013 9:30:24 AM
NewMoonShadow posted...
I love how literally all of the multiplats have more pre-orders for PS4 than they do for XBox One.

Comeback fail. Logic dictates that more pre-orders for a system would also mean more pre-orders for the games.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#49NewMoonShadowPosted 9/14/2013 9:34:01 AM(edited)
pblimp360 posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...

Comeback fail. Logic dictates that more pre-orders for a system would also mean more pre-orders for the games.

Yes. Yes it does. Well done.

Also is that really ALL of the pre-orders for Titanfall? The X Box One's big system seller? That's ridiculously low...
#50THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 9/14/2013 9:36:31 AM
The fact that most of the topics around here are always about "teh haters" and "Man why does EVERYBODY on the internets hate Xbox One?" kinda hurts the point the TC is trying to make.

When people do talk about Xbox One people around here get upset and defensive thus topics like this are born. It gets serious around here.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT