Why are PS4 fanboys so obsessed with the Xbox One? It has barely any advantages

#431HorridhalPosted 9/20/2013 1:12:42 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Basically, your arguments against me don't hold water so you try to focus on one small aspect and find a point where you pretend to be balanced? I listed Remote play long before Oanda but you gave him credit for it. You then try to reinterpret something he posted that was factually incorrect and pretend thats ok but attack me for features he mentions that I mentioned before him.

I said I was done with this topic after I outed the troll but I couldn't pass this up. Are you frelling kidding me that you are trying to accuse other people of latching on to single arguments and trying to use them to discredit you by misrepresenting what you actually said? That is just incredible. I'll give you this kid, your arguments are terrible and illogical, completely without merit or substance, but damn are you good at making me laugh.

You have done that EXACT THING TO EVERY SINGLE POST THAT DIDN'T AGREE WITH YOU IN THIS FRELLING TOPIC.

This is so transparent.... I'm dense because I don't buy your shenanigans? You may as well have you biases tattooed on your forehead.

You are dense, but maybe not stupid. I suggest you look back throughout this topic, read it from top to bottom I mean, and hopefully you will see what everyone else has. That you cherry pick sentences, cut out key parts of paragraphs, or misrepresent arguments of every person in this thread who has responded with actual points.

You don't actually address any of the issues which make your side look bad, and while this is an effective tactic in debates, it fails when the other side knows about those issues and brings them up. It also makes you look worse when you insult actual legitimate arguments because you have no way to refute them.

Last bit:
I hope you take my advice and I really do hope you see what anyone else who isn't part of this argument and most logical people who are can see. Honestly your topic had the chance to be good had you been unbiased and posted real legitimate specs/bonuses to each system. Instead you became a troll and tried to appeal to emotion like a politician who knows he has a losing argument going in. It was transparent from the start and continues to be so.

So to you I say,
Try again scrub.
#43282xenoPosted 9/20/2013 1:17:09 PM
Basically, your arguments against me don't hold water so you try to focus on one small aspect and find a point where you pretend to be balanced? I listed Remote play long before Oanda but you gave him credit for it. You then try to reinterpret something he posted that was factually incorrect and pretend thats ok but attack me for features he mentions that I mentioned before him.

This is so transparent.... I'm dense because I don't buy your shenanigans? You may as well have you biases tattooed on your forehead.

Wow. I gave no one credit. All I bloody did was call it out of the list you posted because Vita TV and Remote Play are the same god damn thing in relation to the PS4.

That was it. I called out you because you somehow claimed I didn't play fair "for the other side". I just explained to you that my critique of the Remote Play and Vita TV ordeal in that list....IS playing fair "for the other side".

So yes, you are dense, because you still have no bloody idea what this conversation is about.

Slapping my god damn head at this right now, absolutely ridiculous I am even discussing this anymore.
---
Shwing
#433Ramsus082Posted 9/20/2013 1:17:22 PM

Seems PS4 fanboys are going crazy trying to bash the Xbox One. But most of their attacks seem completely irrelevant.

They seem pretty relevant in the face of the massive goodwill deficit that Microsoft is running at the moment.

They say MS does 180's. So what?

It's a bit of an issue that gamers can't trust Microsoft with much, like with fulfilling a vision for a console that's been inconsistent, at best. That's why these 180's matter to people; Nobody trusts that there's not going to be another one, whether it's in their best interest or not. A large amount of people are waiting for them to 180 their mandatory-Kinect inclusion, despite their repeated comments to the contrary. Honestly, I can't blame them for their skepticism because Microsoft has done little to inspire confidence in their plans. This is why the 180s are a big deal.

Sony's PS4 doesn't have this problem. When you cite out-dated, irrelevant examples if Sony backtracking, it doesn't inspire the same lack of confidence. The PS3/360 era is pretty much over. We're talking about the new consoles now.

Then we have silly talks about advertisements. This is nothing but a distraction Sony fanboys are putting up due to a poor launch lineup.

This is an example of you arguing in bad faith; You're undermining a legitimate criticism of a large part of Microsoft's vision and their complaints of it by going straight for the ad-hominim.

No, criticism of Microsoft's advertisement focus is not about the PS4. It's about their advertisement platform and the worry about how it'll be implemented in the future with Kinect.

NSA/Spybox? Another silly catch phrase. People post much more private information about themselves on Facebook/twitter/youtube but why aren't we complaining about those?

Plenty of people are complaining about those. Plenty of people are complaining about Microsoft's involvement, too. Why are you trying to undermine criticism of Microsoft by deflecting it to other companies? Who cares if other companies do it, too? We're talking about Microsoft here. If we wanted to talk about Verizon/Apple/Google, we'd be on their respective forums.

This information is also not going into the hands of the public for all to see, only an MS data base shared for marketing reasons.

Well hey, if you want to give them the benefit of the doubt about how your information they obtain through assisted government surveillance is used, go ahead. Just cut others a little slack for not being as enthusiastic about it.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#434Ramsus082Posted 9/20/2013 1:18:04 PM
Do you see Xbox people going over to the PS4 boards and listing security as the reason to not get a PS4? Thats right... most people would rather marketers have access to information than to have their credit and personal info leaked to hackers.

Sony hasn't been exposed to be assisting the US government with spying on their citizens like Microsoft has. This matters.

The other hilarious thing about Kinect is that Ponies try to list it as a negative. But it isn't a negative. It can only be a positive.

Again, you're arguing in bad faith here. Regardless, Kinect isn't only a positive. I mean, I guess it is if you skip the part where you have to buy it whether you want the peripheral or not. But why would we skip that part?

It gives you a 6 player motion controller, more games that work with motion and voice controls, auto sign-ins, much smoother abilities to multitask, type with voice and do UI functions without ever accessing menus or stopping your game.

And if you don't want any of that, you still need to pay for it and subsidize it for the rest of everyone. Some people are ok with this. Terrific. Some people aren't. It's the forced inclusion that's the issue, not whether Kinect is useful or not in a vacuum.

Now lets look at what advantages the PS4 actually has over the Xbox One:

-Better graphics (not yet, but at some point)
-$100 less
-PS gives free games

Yes... its a very short list and two of those issues just depends on how much money you have to spend, not an actual difference in the console.

No, it depends on how much money you want to spend, not have available to spend. These benefits alone, particularly the first one, are clearly enough of a reason to propel the Playstation brand past Xbox again.

Now for those who are interested, the Xbox One actually has plenty of advantages:

Azure
Kinect comes with 6 player controller and supports more casual games
Better UI accessibility options with voice and motion
Snap allows two apps to run simultaneously
Future family sharing
HDMI passthrough
Subsidized DEDICATED SERVERS
Future plans for digital resales

Those can potentially be some good advantages, definitely. Just not enough apparently, going by the disparity in demand between the two consoles at this point. Clearly the PS4's small advantages are resonating more with consumers right now, yes?
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#435zmd22Posted 9/21/2013 7:18:05 PM
This is why you lose.

"Of course EVERYTHING is subjective but that doesn't change anything."

It changes everything but you either don't see it or won't see it. Simple really.
#436zmd22Posted 9/21/2013 7:19:29 PM
82xeno posted...
Ergo, this is the complete reason why this topic has gotten so far out of hand, simply because you are pretty stubborn in admitting the notion that maybe....just maybe....if you made a more factual list, the point of this topic would be thrown completely out the door - That being that the PS4 has far less advantages than the Xbox One.

God you are so right!! Thanks man!
#437DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 5:03:35 AM
Thats hilarious, a bunch of fanboys keep saying I don't list the "actual" advantages even though I've already changed the list.

No one was even interested in this. Its just the new "flavour" argument and pretending we weren't just spending the last 400 posts trying to explain, not about PS4 advantages, but why the Xbox Advantages aren't real such as only a few pages ago, when people say that it is a FACT that the majority of gamers (who don't even know much about Kinect) will not like it.

This is hilarious back pedalling.

@Ramsus

What company does not have a good will deficit? PS3 completely burned gamers and so did PS2 warranty policies. Nintendo is probably the worst of the three because it knows it can scam gamers while it holds Mario hostage.

It's a bit of an issue that gamers can't trust Microsoft with much, like with fulfilling a vision for a console that's been inconsistent, at best.

Thats a really lame argument. Kind of like the dumb xbots who called out Sony on their back pedalling.

Achievements suck! Trophies! LOL pay for online play... PS+! Party Chat/play? PS HOME! Cell is the future... OK no it wasn't! Bluray makes games better! Oops, it didn't!

Sorry but MS has absolutely no confusion on the future. It was pretty clear what it wanted to do but gamers couldn't accept it. The only thing thats really changed about the Xbox is how they charge people and they were pretty clear about what they changed. Saying you don't trust MS is a hilariously bad argument. You trust SONY? People that trust companies are the fanboys. Sony has shown itself to charge for whatever it can as well and they usually do it against the vocal cries of gamers whereas MS is at least too chicken to ever really piss them off.

You then make a silly argument about PS4 not having these problems. These arguments aren't outdated at all. The PS4 isn't even released yet. We are talking about trusting the COMPANIES but you want to completely ignore Sonys long history and just pretend that only the PS4 is relevant. Maximum fanboy logic here...

Again, you are just another poster who wants to trust Sony and not MS while ignoring their history.

Then you make the generic spybox argument which has about as miuch credibility as most conspiracies popular on message boards. MS's involvement? As far as MS is concerned, they don't wantn to be involved at all with the NSA. MS like Sony has no choice as long as they operate in America. The only reason MS has been involved in the past is because they are a software company and has mediums for which the government can gather intelligence. Sony's PS Eye is just the same and you'll be able to not use one just the same if you are so paranoid and think this will actually happen.

Sony does not have to be exposed. It is NOT an option. Whenever they have the technology to makes it convenient to do so is when they will do so. Your argument that MS wants to help the government against its own interest is laughable.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#438EtherBunny66Posted 9/22/2013 5:33:48 AM
10$ bucks in my wallet says DesperateMonkey either A: Works at Microsoft, Or B: Jerks it to Xbox posters in his room
---
Sooner or later it was going to catch up with you. You'd find that Lady Luck was really a hooker, and you were fresh out of cash. - Max Payne
#439DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 5:50:29 AM(edited)
This feels just like the people calling me a Sony Pony on the PC and Wii U boards. I'm glad I got all the one liner butt hurt fanboys fluffing my topic though.

61 more posts to go!
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#440LordElohimPosted 9/22/2013 5:59:31 AM
The idea that gamers want Kinect is your OPINION. You like it, and you think it's great, therefore you want it, and in your mind so does everyone else. I used actual sales figures and quantifiable evidence to show that the community at large does not own Kinect, and has decided not to own Kinect of their own accord. You dismissed the entire argument as, I believe, laughable. While conversely, you can provide no proof, whatsoever, that the public DOES want it, aside from your personal affection for it, and the idea that because the consumer has no choice but to have it, it must be an advantage. Use this topic as an unofficial poll. I have read every single reply in this thread, and as I can best recall, maybe one or two people have agreed with you that Kinect is cool, and is a boon to the XBOne. Let's speculate, given that the replies have been very heavily populated by your own posts, that this topic has 150 unique participants. Of those, I'll be generous and say 5 have spoken up in favor of Kinect, which means 145 are against. This site, GameFAQs, has probably the largest userbase of core gamers on the internet. Keeping in mind, also, that core gamers make up only 14 percent of the gaming community as a whole. Using this topic as an unofficial poll, more than 95 percent of those "surveyed" agree that they don't want Kinect, and that it is not an advantage that ANY consumer MUST pay an extra $100 over the competitor to have one, regardless of whether they ever intend to even take it out of the box. You have not set aside nearly as much real estate to rebuke any of my replies, and do you know why? Because you can't. As one is supposed to do in a debate, I argue using facts, statistics, logic, reason, and most importantly, the truth. You can't realistically tear down anything I say, because I only use ideas and notions that I can actually back up. I don't care at all about your list, I never did, both of my systems are preordered, and will sit proudly beside every other console released since 1985, save for Neo Geo, Jaguar, and Ouya. I do care, however, that your list is both wildly arbitrary, and mostly ridiculous, and that despite the world screaming almost entirely in unison that Kinect is an intrusion on the gaming public, you stand next to it like a politician's wife.

Oh, but Kinect 2.0 isn't Kinect, and it isn't even out yet, so people can't know how good it is, or if they will like it or use it. Sound familiar? That was me paraphrasing every argument you have made in favor of Kinect. The fact is, it's an upgraded version of a device the public resoundingly doesn't give a crap about. If they don't care now, I see no reason to believe they are going to care in two months, even though they are being FORCED to own one. Nuh uh, says you, the public can make a choice not to buy the XBOne. Yeah, sort of. The truth is, and again, the keyword is truth, if you, the consumer, want an XBOne, you have to take a Kinect with it, whether you like it or not. If you take away the public's ability to decide whether or not they want Kinect, they can't choose not to buy one, like they can now.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim @ Hades