Why are PS4 fanboys so obsessed with the Xbox One? It has barely any advantages

#81monegamesPosted 9/15/2013 10:22:51 AM
Can someone tell me why people keep listing dedicated servers as an advantage for MS, when sony has been using dedicated servers for its first party games since ps3 launched?

EA already uses dedicated servers for its MP games. Ubi and Activision are the only major 3rd partys that don't. Activision has not announced whether or not they will have dedicated servers for ps4. it does seem likely it will since MS and Activision didn't say that dedicated servers were a Xbox one exclusive. Also activision has said they can't comment on dedicated servers on PS4 yet. Ubisoft has not said either way for either system yet.

So dedicated servers are not an advantage for Xbox one nor are they an advantage for PS4. both are in the same boat as of right now.
#82DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 10:31:01 AM(edited)
monegames posted...
Can someone tell me why people keep listing dedicated servers as an advantage for MS, when sony has been using dedicated servers for its first party games since ps3 launched?

It called "Google", the first place you go to for stupid questions.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/60959/volition-talks-xbox-one-dedicated-servers-and-why-saints-row-4-lacks-bleeding-edge-graphics/

"Among other things, Microsoft's Xbox One cloud basically constitutes dedicated servers for every multiplayer game at a bargain price (we've heard reports that these servers are, in fact, free, but we've yet to receive official confirmation from Microsoft). For a developer like Volition, which lacks the publisher resources of a company like DICE, this is a tempting prospect."

This means dedicated servers for smaller games or even big ones like Call of Duty, who traditionally cannot justify using dedicated servers.

Imagine Dark Souls on dedicated. Imagine Armored Core with Japanese players on Dedicated. Imagine playing cross region with no lag like in BF3 for all those obscure games.

Out of hundreds of games on PS3, there is only a small handful that have dedicated at all, constituting like 5% of the entire MP market. With free servers, we are going to be seeing dedicated server support on a whole new level of accessibility.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#83kingnicky84Posted 9/15/2013 10:38:30 AM
Do you know live actually gives you free games. Ps + just loans them to you. I enjoy both by the way
#84monegamesPosted 9/15/2013 10:40:37 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
monegames posted...

again didn't read. no one has said that all xbox one games will have dedicated servers. the only games that have been confirmed to have dedicated servers are COD: Ghosts, Titanfall, and first party games. EA has always done dedicated servers this entire gen, like my post stated. Activision has not announced whether ps4 will have dedicated servers for Ghosts yet, again like my post stated. Sony has stated that all first party titles will have dedicated servers, just like my post stated.

so unless you have some proof or statement saying that all next gen games on xbox one will have dedicated servers for MP, the point is not an advantage for the xbox one. The only statement that has mentioned dedicated servers was from MS stating that all games will have access to dedicated servers.
#85monegamesPosted 9/15/2013 10:44:30 AM
monegames posted...

http://www.oxm.co.uk/60959/volition-talks-xbox-one-dedicated-servers-and-why-saints-row-4-lacks-bleeding-edge-graphics/

"Among other things, Microsoft's Xbox One cloud basically constitutes dedicated servers for every multiplayer game at a bargain price (we've heard reports that these servers are, in fact, free, but we've yet to receive official confirmation from Microsoft). For a developer like Volition, which lacks the publisher resources of a company like DICE, this is a tempting prospect."

This means dedicated servers for smaller games or even big ones like Call of Duty, who traditionally cannot justify using dedicated servers.

Imagine Dark Souls on dedicated. Imagine Armored Core with Japanese players on Dedicated. Imagine playing cross region with no lag like in BF3 for all those obscure games.

Out of hundreds of games on PS3, there is only a small handful that have dedicated at all, constituting like 5% of the entire MP market. With free servers, we are going to be seeing dedicated server support on a whole new level of accessibility.

and none of that states that dedicated servers were neither guaranteed on the xbox one nor that they would not be on the PS4 for those same games.
#86DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 10:44:34 AM
Wow, this is terrible reaching. Offering free dedicated servers for third parties does not equal more dedicated servers across the board for third party games? This is like saying the PS4 has more power but we don't know if games will ever actually look better. By your logic, there is nothing known about either console. How do we even know the consoles will successfully turn on? OMG could be day one 99% fail rate for everyone!
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#87monegamesPosted 9/15/2013 10:48:05 AM
Wow, this is terrible reaching. Offering free dedicated servers for third parties does not equal more dedicated servers across the board for third party games? This is like saying the PS4 has more power but we don't know if games will ever actually look better. By your logic, there is nothing known about either console. How do we even know the consoles will successfully turn on? OMG could be day one 99% fail rate for everyone!

no one has said that MS is offering dedicated servers for free. the only quote from a dev about dedicated servers mentioned that tools are free to access, and the author of the article took that to mean that servers would be free. even though the same dev mentioned that the cost of the servers was greatly reduced, not free.
#88monegamesPosted 9/15/2013 10:49:15 AM
kingnicky84 posted...
Do you know live actually gives you free games. Ps + just loans them to you. I enjoy both by the way

live games for gold doesn't extend to xbox one anyway, so this doesn't pertain to ps4 vs xbox one.
#89DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 12:10:00 PM
monegames posted...
kingnicky84 posted...

live games for gold doesn't extend to xbox one anyway, so this doesn't pertain to ps4 vs xbox one.

And how do you know that live will not give plenty of games for Xbox one? Arent u running up against the same issue you just complained about? Heavily subsidized third-party servers means that you will see a lot more third-party using dedicated servers. But your argument is that we cannot make this argument until it is seen in a vast number of titles. Well Xbox live Gold could offer a lot more games for Xbox one users. Maybe it will surpass PS plus. We don't know Because you do not care for logical arguments. Apparently we cannot assume that PS plus will offer more games in the future As the most likely outcome.

I seriously don't think you even know what point you're trying to make.
---
#90zephirrainesPosted 9/15/2013 1:10:16 PM
monegames posted...
kingnicky84 posted...

And with currently no bc you wont play any of your leased ps3 games on ps4 either.