Steam like sales were never a possibility with drm policies

#11JusticeSwordPosted 9/14/2013 2:02:22 PM
The DRM method being proposed was pretty bad, whats really stopping them from selling digital games cheaper, having fire sales, or bringing the cost of older titles down now? not much, if both MS & sony went through their individual stores & reduced a load of prices they would rake it in, severely.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#12SilentS89Posted 9/14/2013 2:11:34 PM
JusticeSword posted...
whats really stopping them from selling digital games cheaper, having fire sales, or bringing the cost of older titles down now?

Themselves, their history, their stockholders, their greed.
#13ChamillionLivePosted 9/14/2013 2:17:54 PM
The X1 will never get Steam-like sales because there's no competing retailers selling Xbox game downloads. The Steam store has to compete with sites like Amazon, GOG, GreenManGaming, GamersGate, etc also selling game downloads.

Nobody sells Xbox digital downloads other than Microsoft, so they have no reason to offer sales if they don't want.
---
"C4 is not a substitute for a certified mechanic." - A_Hairy_Waffle
#14SilentS89Posted 9/14/2013 2:18:36 PM
ChamillionLive posted...
...so they have no reason to offer sales if they don't want.

And precedent teaches us that they don't want.
#15JusticeSwordPosted 9/14/2013 2:24:22 PM
SilentS89 posted...
JusticeSword posted...
whats really stopping them from selling digital games cheaper, having fire sales, or bringing the cost of older titles down now?

Themselves, their history, their stockholders, their greed.

Its counter productive toward their greed though..

100 people may buy a game that costs 49.99 but 400 people would buy a title at 24.99, it doesnt count as a loss if nobody was going to buy it at a higher price anyway.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#16mike468Posted 9/14/2013 2:39:13 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
They do have some very good sales. Nothing beats Steam, but Microsoft has some damn good digital sales. Just last year I picked up The Walking Dead episodes 1-5 for ~$7, Bioshock for $5, Borderlands 2 for $10 and the season pass for ~$10, Mortal Kombat 9 + all DLC for ~$15, Civ Revolution for $5, etc.

I hope they have more this gen.

Agreed. The XBL Ultimate sales might not be on the same level as Vave's sales, but they still offer great savings. Sometimes up to 75% of games and content. I hope interest continues to grow and MS expands it in the future.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#17SaQu1BPosted 9/14/2013 2:51:45 PM
Valve's steam sales are overrated. Steam has rehashes older title nobody wants. Xbox live has pretty dam good deals sometimes even better than steam. Don't fall for PC elitist hype.
#18BradleyManningPosted 9/14/2013 3:09:45 PM
BERZERKER17 posted...
Yep, you pretty much have stated how I feel about the whole 'steam sales xbone lolz' thing, and for that, I completely agree -- M$haft were more concerned about the preorders the console was getting -- not the consumers interests nor the consumers in general.

This and...

SilentS89 posted...
The mere idea that Microsoft would ever have a Valve-like service is hilarious.

Microsoft and Valve couldn't be more different.

...this.
#19Thewinner14Posted 9/14/2013 3:17:55 PM
SaQu1B posted...
Valve's steam sales are overrated. Steam has rehashes older title nobody wants. Xbox live has pretty dam good deals sometimes even better than steam. Don't fall for PC elitist hype.

Lol ok
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#20ChamillionLivePosted 9/14/2013 3:30:49 PM
SaQu1B posted...

Thanks, I needed that laugh for the day.
---
"C4 is not a substitute for a certified mechanic." - A_Hairy_Waffle