Steam like sales were never a possibility with drm policies

#31Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/15/2013 10:41:44 AM
CasualGamers posted...
PsychoGates posted...
Your title and your post have literally nothing to do with one another. Nowhere did you explain why the original DRM policies removed any possibility of steam like sales from the console...

It was addressed in my original post that they were not going to happen regardless of the presence or absence of drm policies.

So you agree that your title has nothing to do with your post, then? Your topic title specifically calls out DRM policies being a hindrance to steam like sales and now you say it was impossible regardless of DRM policies?

Also, on the topic of your OP, your logic is completely wrong. First off, you are comparing two vastly different markets. Comparing console sales to PC sales is a completely ignorant thing to do. Secondly, the fact that you pay for gold is 100% irrelevant to whether or not good deals will be given. After all they've been giving away free games to GOLD members for the past couple months making that argument provably false. Lastly, to address your final paragraph and "point." When before steam was made did steam-like sales exist? You act as if since it hasn't happened that it can't happen which is just downright stupid.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#32Foxx3kPosted 9/15/2013 11:03:34 AM
Steam is DRM.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#33VioletZer0Posted 9/15/2013 11:30:15 AM
Steam like sales were never a possibility period. Microsoft has no reason to do it.
#34VioletZer0Posted 9/15/2013 11:31:00 AM
Foxx3k posted...
Steam is DRM.

DRM I actually don't mind. Because it include community and game features.
#35micheal82Posted 9/15/2013 11:45:55 AM
SilentS89 posted...
CasualGamers posted...
micheal82 posted...
MS did just hire one of the execs from steam, even though he will mainly focus on PC but chances are he will have some impact on the Xbox side as well. So with new management Steam like sales could be possible.

Hiring a few stream employees doesn't change the overall culture or mindset of screwing over customers that is present at Microsoft. it is a drop in the bucket.

Exactly, he is going to be like that girl from the Magical Schoolbus cartoon that is always going "At my old school we...blah blah blah". Nobody listens to the girl, they ignore her and keep magic schoolbus-ing/screwing customers.

It's a difference when the person from steam is put in charge of the division, just like if it would have been the teacher and not the girl.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34
#36CasualGamers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 12:34:13 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
CasualGamers posted...
PsychoGates posted...
Your title and your post have literally nothing to do with one another. Nowhere did you explain why the original DRM policies removed any possibility of steam like sales from the console...

It was addressed in my original post that they were not going to happen regardless of the presence or absence of drm policies.

So you agree that your title has nothing to do with your post, then? Your topic title specifically calls out DRM policies being a hindrance to steam like sales and now you say it was impossible regardless of DRM policies?

Also, on the topic of your OP, your logic is completely wrong. First off, you are comparing two vastly different markets. Comparing console sales to PC sales is a completely ignorant thing to do. Secondly, the fact that you pay for gold is 100% irrelevant to whether or not good deals will be given. After all they've been giving away free games to GOLD members for the past couple months making that argument provably false. Lastly, to address your final paragraph and "point." When before steam was made did steam-like sales exist? You act as if since it hasn't happened that it can't happen which is just downright stupid.

Wow your guys' reading comprehension is very poor. I guess I am going to have to spell it out.

Xboners are saying that steam like sales were ONLY possible with drm policies. It is all over this board. Xboners are complaining how sony ponies ruined it for everyone and got M$ axe the drm policies and with it any chances of steam like sales on the xbone. Xboners' disappointment is all over this board; you just have to search for it.

My thesis: These steam like sales were not going to happen regardless of the presence or absence of drm policies. Refer to my original post for my reasoning, which many people agree with.
#37jakethenoobPosted 9/15/2013 12:35:52 PM
Microsoft will never have sales like Steam because they are Microsoft. They don't believe in good deals.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#38SilentS89Posted 9/15/2013 12:52:31 PM
If Microsoft was actually interested in having "steam sales" they could start with the digital content they provide today.

But they don't.

Because they have no interest in providing steam sales, this is evident by their lack of doing so.

The DRM is, was, and probably always will be completely unrelated to their sales policies.

"But...but... da family share!"

The family share was the shadow of a reflection of an idea that never got a skeleton of realization.
#39SunDevil77Posted 9/15/2013 12:59:21 PM
SilentS89 posted...
If Microsoft was actually interested in having "steam sales" they could start with the digital content they provide today.

But they don't.

Because they have no interest in providing steam sales, this is evident by their lack of doing so.

The DRM is, was, and probably always will be completely unrelated to their sales policies.

"But...but... da family share!"

The family share was the shadow of a reflection of an idea that never got a skeleton of realization.

You got your point across about 4 posts ago.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#40Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/15/2013 5:53:57 PM
CasualGamers posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Wow your guys' reading comprehension is very poor. I guess I am going to have to spell it out.

Xboners are saying that steam like sales were ONLY possible with drm policies. It is all over this board. Xboners are complaining how sony ponies ruined it for everyone and got M$ axe the drm policies and with it any chances of steam like sales on the xbone. Xboners' disappointment is all over this board; you just have to search for it.

My thesis: These steam like sales were not going to happen regardless of the presence or absence of drm policies. Refer to my original post for my reasoning, which many people agree with.

LOL! You're calling out my reading comprehension when you keep contradicting your own topic title? You are too funny! Your thesis is wrong and please point to me one legitimate argument that was made stating that steam sales are only possible with DRM policies. JUST ONE. The fact is that DRM is irrelevant to steam like sales, unlike what your topic title suggests, and the only thing needed for such sales is a closed platform. The people you're trying to formulate this incredibly poor argument against are trolls and you're arguing with them in the worst possible way. NONE of your points hold any water and the only people agreeing with you in this topic are either known trolls on this board or ignorant posters.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.