Steam like sales were never a possibility with drm policies

#41SirLemontPosted 9/15/2013 7:08:59 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
CasualGamers posted...
PsychoGates posted...
Your title and your post have literally nothing to do with one another. Nowhere did you explain why the original DRM policies removed any possibility of steam like sales from the console...

It was addressed in my original post that they were not going to happen regardless of the presence or absence of drm policies.

So you agree that your title has nothing to do with your post, then? Your topic title specifically calls out DRM policies being a hindrance to steam like sales and now you say it was impossible regardless of DRM policies?

Also, on the topic of your OP, your logic is completely wrong. First off, you are comparing two vastly different markets. Comparing console sales to PC sales is a completely ignorant thing to do. Secondly, the fact that you pay for gold is 100% irrelevant to whether or not good deals will be given. After all they've been giving away free games to GOLD members for the past couple months making that argument provably false. Lastly, to address your final paragraph and "point." When before steam was made did steam-like sales exist? You act as if since it hasn't happened that it can't happen which is just downright stupid.

He mentioned the DRM policies because Microsoft themselves said that this forced DRM will lead to Steam-like sales. But in truth, nothing is keeping them from having those types of sales NOW. Sure, they'll give away a game here and there...of obscure titles or games that everyone has played already. And if you're gonna blame anyone for the Steam-Live comparison, blame Microsoft. They're the ones bringing it up.
#42CasualGamers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 11:55:18 AM
SirLemont posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
CasualGamers posted...
PsychoGates posted...
Your title and your post have literally nothing to do with one another. Nowhere did you explain why the original DRM policies removed any possibility of steam like sales from the console...

It was addressed in my original post that they were not going to happen regardless of the presence or absence of drm policies.

So you agree that your title has nothing to do with your post, then? Your topic title specifically calls out DRM policies being a hindrance to steam like sales and now you say it was impossible regardless of DRM policies?

Also, on the topic of your OP, your logic is completely wrong. First off, you are comparing two vastly different markets. Comparing console sales to PC sales is a completely ignorant thing to do. Secondly, the fact that you pay for gold is 100% irrelevant to whether or not good deals will be given. After all they've been giving away free games to GOLD members for the past couple months making that argument provably false. Lastly, to address your final paragraph and "point." When before steam was made did steam-like sales exist? You act as if since it hasn't happened that it can't happen which is just downright stupid.

He mentioned the DRM policies because Microsoft themselves said that this forced DRM will lead to Steam-like sales. But in truth, nothing is keeping them from having those types of sales NOW. Sure, they'll give away a game here and there...of obscure titles or games that everyone has played already. And if you're gonna blame anyone for the Steam-Live comparison, blame Microsoft. They're the ones bringing it up.

Thank you.
#43CasualGamers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 11:57:33 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
CasualGamers posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Wow your guys' reading comprehension is very poor. I guess I am going to have to spell it out.

Xboners are saying that steam like sales were ONLY possible with drm policies. It is all over this board. Xboners are complaining how sony ponies ruined it for everyone and got M$ axe the drm policies and with it any chances of steam like sales on the xbone. Xboners' disappointment is all over this board; you just have to search for it.

My thesis: These steam like sales were not going to happen regardless of the presence or absence of drm policies. Refer to my original post for my reasoning, which many people agree with.

LOL! You're calling out my reading comprehension when you keep contradicting your own topic title? You are too funny! Your thesis is wrong and please point to me one legitimate argument that was made stating that steam sales are only possible with DRM policies. JUST ONE. The fact is that DRM is irrelevant to steam like sales, unlike what your topic title suggests, and the only thing needed for such sales is a closed platform. The people you're trying to formulate this incredibly poor argument against are trolls and you're arguing with them in the worst possible way. NONE of your points hold any water and the only people agreeing with you in this topic are either known trolls on this board or ignorant posters.

It is shocking how people have such difficulty understanding such simple concepts even when they are spelt out. These same people are probably the ones who still think drm policies are a good idea because they don't have the mental faculties to understand when someone is screwing them over.
#44Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/17/2013 11:59:09 AM
SaQu1B posted...
Valve's steam sales are overrated. Steam has rehashes older title nobody wants. Xbox live has pretty dam good deals sometimes even better than steam. Don't fall for PC elitist hype.

this is still giving me a laugh
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#45iamdanthamanPosted 9/17/2013 1:09:02 PM
suprsolider posted...
I just explained why it is never going to happen.

Yet you never listen.

The reason why STEAM has sales is because of massive competition. Xbox is a CLOSED SYSTEM thus the only store will be the Xbox store thus no incentive for real STEAM like savings because they don't have to compete with anyone.

It takes 30 seconds to arrive at this conclusion. Start using your head more.

Yeah, because all of those existed when steam started right? Even when steam was the only game in town for PC DD, they still had crazy sales just like today because the method of delivery and lack of a re-sale market allowed them to do it, and that model made them more money than just selling for full price, because some people bought games they otherwise never would have tried just because they were on sale.

Can somebody please take an economics course? Competition is not the only factor that affects prices in the marketplace.
---
All your base are belong to us
#46Spetsnaz420Posted 9/18/2013 3:06:50 AM
SilentS89 posted...
The mere idea that Microsoft would ever have a Valve-like service is hilarious.

Microsoft and Valve couldn't be more different.

I made a thread about Valve owning the xbox brand and I got pooped on
---
I don't conform to social convention
#47catzrul2002Posted 9/18/2013 3:48:58 AM
SaQu1B posted...
Valve's steam sales are overrated. Steam has rehashes older title nobody wants. Xbox live has pretty dam good deals sometimes even better than steam. Don't fall for PC elitist hype.

I have bought 12 games on demand from Xbox live, cost around 240.

I have bought over 120 games on Steam for 240.

I have never seen a good sale on Xbox Live Marketplace. And what the hell do you mean rehashes?
---
Fingers crossed for Sony to enable PSN name change!!
#48Crazy_tank51Posted 9/18/2013 8:20:20 AM
catzrul2002 posted...
SaQu1B posted...

I have bought 12 games on demand from Xbox live, cost around 240.

I have bought over 120 games on Steam for 240.

I have never seen a good sale on Xbox Live Marketplace. And what the hell do you mean rehashes?

He's trolling you, the fact he said Valve just sells rehashes is enough proof.

And the DRM MS was shoving was not intended for Steam-style sales at customer benefit or even MS's benefit. It was implemented for the sake of whiny developers crying bloody murder at used games and piracy taking money from them and assuming all gamers are lying cheating swindlers. MS saw that and decided such features would get devs to go along with them and earn them some hardcore cash in the process, but it bit them in the butt when gamers showed they actually like owning their games and do not take kindly to being treated like criminals.

Also Steam is DRM, yes, but there is a difference between DRM and restrictive DRM. Steam's DRM is no more restrictive than what you see on other download services, and in exchange you get Steam sales and the ability to download to any computer you want. MS's DRM if ever implemented would pretty much render your console a water cooler if you don't have a strong stable Internet, deny use of any game if the servers die at any point, and beats you to death if you dare buy used. Not to mention the NSA Prism theory and Kinect. And what do you get? Family sharing? So totally worth it </sarcasm>
---
Sega is what EAin't.
3DS: 3909-7785-1874 (Crazytank*) Steam ID: CrazytankXD