Anyone switching side after the EDGE report?

#1DarkestSoulsPosted 9/14/2013 10:10:43 AM
Switching side? - Results (59 votes)
Yup, I'm canceling my xbone preorder and switching to PS4
59.32% (35 votes)
Nope, I'm sticking with Xbone
40.68% (24 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Vote!
#2JirynPosted 9/14/2013 10:15:25 AM
Needs a "I supported PS4 from the beginning"
or "I'm buying both"

as well.
Not just edge, but confirmation that the Xbox One was made for advertisement not consumers
http://doddscientifics.com/2013/09/04/kinects-killer-app-isnt-for-gamers-its-for-advertisers-welcome-to-the-age-of-nuad/
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#3RollnThunder213Posted 9/14/2013 10:21:29 AM
Come on, do you really expect only people that are switching will pick the PS4 option?

The VAST, VAST majority of them will be people who have been planning to get the PS4 from the start and lurk around these boards.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#4DarkestSouls(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 10:37:44 AM
RollnThunder213 posted...
Come on, do you really expect only people that are switching will pick the PS4 option?

The VAST, VAST majority of them will be people who have been planning to get the PS4 from the start and lurk around these boards.

I guess we'll never know
#5cpcjlc3Posted 9/14/2013 10:41:48 AM
I had to go pick up my comp from the shop yesterday. While waiting there was a lady with her two sons. They were young teenagers I'm guessing. They were talking about Xbox vs. PS4. One of the brought up the EDGE article and the guy behind the counter just said "Ha EDGE" and kind of giggled. I asked if he was an EDGE reader and he said he would rather watch grass grow than waste his time with EDGE. I've never read anything from EDGE. Are they really that bad?
#6DarkestSouls(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 10:55:05 AM
cpcjlc3 posted...
I had to go pick up my comp from the shop yesterday. While waiting there was a lady with her two sons. They were young teenagers I'm guessing. They were talking about Xbox vs. PS4. One of the brought up the EDGE article and the guy behind the counter just said "Ha EDGE" and kind of giggled. I asked if he was an EDGE reader and he said he would rather watch grass grow than waste his time with EDGE. I've never read anything from EDGE. Are they really that bad?

judging by the commotion their article created yesterday, I guess they're pretty credible
#7XBOXvsPCPosted 9/14/2013 10:55:20 AM
Anyone switching EDGE after eyeballs report?
#8Excal1burPosted 9/14/2013 11:08:10 AM
Has anybody here ever thought about or gave two craps about edge before their "report", Does nobody realize that they probably have no actual sources and are just trying to get page views? If i was part of a dying website creating controversy in the middle of a console war seems like a good way to get traffic to my site.
#9cpcjlc3Posted 9/14/2013 11:10:50 AM
DarkestSouls posted...
cpcjlc3 posted...

judging by the commotion their article created yesterday, I guess they're pretty credible

There have been plenty of times an "journalistic" outfit has created commotion, only to be found out later that they were completely wrong. Even major news outlets like CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc have done this. That argument doesn't hold water at all.
#10slyman19Posted 9/14/2013 11:16:24 AM
Edge is extremely biased in Sony's direction. Once a news outlet becomes biased, they lose ALL credibility.

Although I'm still on the fence about which console I want, that "report" did nothing to sway me.