Why is it that anyone who criticizes the XB1 a 'fanboy' and is 'bashing' it?

#1PolishCockatielPosted 9/14/2013 11:45:15 AM
Being around this board for a while it has come to my attention that it seems as though anyone who points out anything negative about the XB1, even if its true, must be a 'fanboy', typically of the playstation brand, and is 'bashing' the system as opposed to offering constructive criticism.

And vice verse with the PS4.

Well what if some of those people never owned a playstation system and simply don't like the direction the XB1 is taking? What if some of those people, if not the majority, never owned a MS or Sony console and games solely on PC or with handheld devices?

What's up with these generalizations?

Why people gotta be a all ignorant, close minded, and presumptuous like that?:(
#2HaloDad020508Posted 9/14/2013 11:46:16 AM
Welcome to the Internet.
---
Playing Diablo 3, Darksiders 2, Black Ops 2.
#3XBOXvsPCPosted 9/14/2013 11:47:33 AM
Because we love you =)
Now go home.
#4mrpicPosted 9/14/2013 11:50:49 AM
coming to an xbox forum to attack xbox is reason enough for people to assume your a fanboy.

now just go take your (i loved ps4 b4 it was cool tshirt) and go back to the ps4 forums
#5PolishCockatiel(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 11:51:23 AM
XBOXvsPC posted...
Because we love you =)
Now go home.

omg omg how do you know I'm not at home???? Are you stealing all of my personal info and tracking my laptop?D:
#6PolishCockatiel(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 11:53:11 AM
mrpic posted...
coming to an xbox forum to attack xbox is reason enough for people to assume your a fanboy.

now just go take your (i loved ps4 b4 it was cool tshirt) and go back to the ps4 forums

You understand you're being ignorant and making presumptions as well, right? Or are you being sarcastic due to the topic at hand? I can't tell.
#7doc1369Posted 9/14/2013 11:54:30 AM
Some of us buy a console, others buy a brand.
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#8sdchiPosted 9/14/2013 11:56:40 AM
Because generally, the people who post anything that can be perceived as negative, are Sony fanboys/trolls/weeaboos. Thats just the way it is, and how they are. They grasp at straws for new reasons to try to bash the console. I'm sure there are people who criticize it and are not Sony fanboys/trolls/weeaboos, but the vast majority who do, are.
#9Decimator11Posted 9/14/2013 12:02:33 PM(edited)
Criticism itself is not the root of the problem. It's the people who spout debunked or outdated information and/or post in such a way to deliberately incite an insulting response or a flame war that are the problem.

If people posted their opinions without insulting anybody and we could actually have decent discussion, that would be fine. But the anonymity of the Internet raises a person's ******* factor by 600%, which leads to the current state of the board.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#10Decimator11Posted 9/14/2013 12:03:59 PM
And while I'm sure that some people out there aren't trying to troll when they post their criticisms, the outspoken minority of idiots ruin it for everyone. That's the way the world has always worked.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg