EDGE article cherry-picked again

#21EroyumePosted 9/14/2013 1:16:15 PM
I don't buy consoles for multiplatform games, so I'm having a difficult time giving a f***. I have to say though, it's been fun watching people squabble over inferior versions of games.
---
http://eroyume.com
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eroyume
#22Thewinner14Posted 9/14/2013 1:59:49 PM
After the recent case with apple colluding with book publishers, and with MS previous Sherman Antitrust Act violations, if Sony thought there was even a hint of anticompetitive practice they would be filing a suit and bring the DoJ in on it too.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#23DionysusPosted 9/14/2013 2:12:26 PM
Thewinner14 posted...
After the recent case with apple colluding with book publishers, and with MS previous Sherman Antitrust Act violations, if Sony thought there was even a hint of anticompetitive practice they would be filing a suit and bring the DoJ in on it too.

We're talking about an industry in which it is accepted practice to pay a dev to withhold a game from a competitor. If that's OK, how would this violate any law?
#24Thewinner14Posted 9/14/2013 2:20:36 PM
Dionysus posted...
Thewinner14 posted...

We're talking about an industry in which it is accepted practice to pay a dev to withhold a game from a competitor. If that's OK, how would this violate any law?

Because this would likely involve colluding with all the major publishers and/or developers. Paying for exclusitivity rights is different
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#25VioletZer0Posted 9/14/2013 3:41:21 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
There is only one thing here that matters and that most articles forget to mention:

Developers are lazy.
They don't like putting in extra effort to get the most out of both versions hardware.

Which means that the system that is the easiest to port to, will be the one getting the "better" version, even if it is just slightly.

Even if the xbox hardware is superior (which it isn't), it's harder to develop for and thus has far less chance of getting the "better" version of the game.

It happened with this gen, it won't be any different next gen.

Lazy is a bad word to use. Especially since developers are typically VERY hard working. (You should see the hours they're accustomed to)

No, effort is time and time is money.
#26SoulTrapperPosted 9/15/2013 12:40:39 AM
VioletZer0 posted...

Lazy is a bad word to use. Especially since developers are typically VERY hard working. (You should see the hours they're accustomed to)

No, effort is time and time is money.

I think it's a combination of both.

It's not because they put in long hours that they also work hard.

But the money and time constraints are indeed a big part of it as well.
---
PSN: El_Coon