If M$ really believed in going all digital, why have a blu-ray drive?

#11SaQu1BPosted 9/14/2013 3:52:32 PM
Not everyone has fast connection to download games. Microsoft wanted to give customers a choice to get retail games and install it on hard drive so after that disk won't be necessary. Valve games have retail releases b/c of the same reason.
#12DarkHieiPosted 9/14/2013 4:41:01 PM
Ok folks move along, no need to educate those without the capacity for critical thinking.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#13micheal82Posted 9/14/2013 7:29:26 PM
BradleyManning posted...
micheal82 posted...
They needed retail outlets to sell it.

M$ already has retail outlets to sell it:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/DisplayHomePage

One chain of stores is not enough when the other systems can be found everywhere. Onlive failed because nobody sold the thing.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34
#14HiddenRoarPosted 9/14/2013 8:28:22 PM
chrish909 posted...
So it can play blurays. Are you ok tc? You didnt fall down a flight of stairs did you?

That would imply MS doesn't believe in its own vision of going all digital aka Physical Media.

One would wonder if it is you that has fallen down a couple flights of stairs or not if you have that bad of a reading comprehension.
#15cpcjlc3Posted 9/14/2013 10:38:17 PM
I believe I should have a Bentley, doesn't mean I won't get a Chevy to motor around in the mean time.

MS knew that not all people would want.digital, so they added a blu-ray drive.
#16BradleyManning(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 7:49:57 PM
HiddenRoar posted...
chrish909 posted...
So it can play blurays. Are you ok tc? You didnt fall down a flight of stairs did you?

That would imply MS doesn't believe in its own vision of going all digital aka Physical Media.

One would wonder if it is you that has fallen down a couple flights of stairs or not if you have that bad of a reading comprehension.

Someone gets it.
#17_Sovereign_Posted 9/17/2013 9:03:50 PM
Because they fully understand going 100% digital is not a viable business solution, and in doing so they would have to compete with Steam, who treat digital games as digital games and charge accordingly. By offering both however, they can trick people to pay retail prices for digital files.
---
"Microsoft demands simultaneous multiplatform releases" - Type that into your search bar and you'll see why you should buy Rayman on Wii U, not ports.
#18BradleyManning(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 5:16:16 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
Because they fully understand going 100% digital is not a viable business solution

Which would mean they don't believe in going all digital.
#19Thewinner14Posted 9/18/2013 5:22:04 PM
It's supposed to be a media hub, no BRD would mean it couldn't play movies. Even if they went all digital for games they would have still added in the BRD for movies.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#20FinzFan4lifePosted 9/18/2013 8:17:45 PM
Options, Options everywhere.

They want to go all digital but that takes time. So in the mean time you can still buy physical.

And to the numbskull who was like well you can just buy movies digitally, yeah your right but how does that help the movies I already have.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012