Hip Hop Gamer reveals revised preorder numbers for PS4 and Xbone.

#31Spetsnaz420Posted 9/15/2013 1:27:06 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
jrr18 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
DarkestSouls posted...

They are in multiple countries.
To specify:
United States, Canada, Australia, Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland

didn't the Canada branch switch back to eb games?

You, sure did, a few years back already. Question on topic, I'm assuming this includes ALL pre-orders and not just the launch day stock?

In the context he was speaking in, yes you are correct.

Umm no...just last year all my local EB games in town (3) changed their signs to gamestop....not that any of this matters
---
I don't conform to social convention
#32Ryan-06Posted 9/15/2013 1:40:42 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
DarkestSouls posted...
is this in North America alone?

These are Gamestop numbers so yes. Unless GS has stores in other countries I don't know about.

To specify:
United States, Canada, Australia, Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland

Well there you have it. Still impressive regardless.

Xboned needs to prep for its funeral. I'll wear a pink suit.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada. US sucks.
#33assassin10133Posted 9/15/2013 5:31:33 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
jrr18 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
DarkestSouls posted...

To specify:

didn't the Canada branch switch back to eb games?

You, sure did, a few years back already. Question on topic, I'm assuming this includes ALL pre-orders and not just the launch day stock?

In the context he was speaking in, yes you are correct.

Umm no...just last year all my local EB games in town (3) changed their signs to gamestop....not that any of this matters

Oh, where I am they're still EB Games, but you're right it doesn't matter seeing as they're the same company
#34LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 5:43:19 AM
Look man, all that was said is the GameStop numbers. If GS and EB has their own thing going on in Canada, that's cool, I never disputed that, so... cool your jets.
---
PS3 / 3DS / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync!
#35LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 5:45:57 AM
That was in response to Spetnaz post. All I did was quote what was said.

That not withstanding, even if that number was world wide. It's still impressive.
---
PS3 / 3DS / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync!
#36Shacky_101Posted 9/15/2013 5:48:07 AM
Demon_Acker posted...
I think the Wii U is at 3.5 million units sold.
I'm curious to see how well the X1/PS4 are going to sell after the launch though.

Thats how much they SHIPPED....
---
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.
#37LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 6:02:45 AM
Shacky_101 posted...
Demon_Acker posted...
I think the Wii U is at 3.5 million units sold.
I'm curious to see how well the X1/PS4 are going to sell after the launch though.

Thats how much they SHIPPED....

Wow. Guaranteed that XBone and PS4 will supass 3.5 million preorders between now and November.

R.I.P. Wii U.
---
#38grampamurkedPosted 9/15/2013 6:44:25 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
Golden Maven posted...
They'll catch up to the Wii U in no time (if not already done)...

They state in the podcast that the Wii U is at 3 something million. (Not watching all 2 hours again) so I am sure that the Xbone and PS4 will pass it before the middle of November.

Nintendone? Lol
---
Xbox One on day one. Gonna miss my job, well not really.
#39The_DOAMPosted 9/15/2013 6:54:34 AM
Makes sense as they keep changing the ONE all while the preorder process is under way.

Also the pre-order number should be reduced as everyone knows the vast majority of these consoles only have one of two fates

1. Some people preorder to well own the thing

2. Some people preorder to scalp and this has gotten worse after that horrid Wii launch and drought.

3. To make Youtube videos with consoles asplodin' drenched, shot, catapulted, ran over, stomped, dropped, parachuted, hurled, smashed, burned, stabbed, slashed, crashed, squeezed, cannonballed, flattened, electrocuted, dragged, baked, boiled, flung, hacked, disassembled, reviewed, auctioned, gifted, turned to art, submerged, hammered, smothered, squashed, thrashed, frozen, bashed, mowed, flamethrower, grilled, smoked, attacked by wildlife, skits, firebombed, pierced, and so forth.

Everyone has got to top the last guy to destroy some piece of fancy tech so just wait and you'll find something twisted and unnatural done to a ONE or PS4 on launch day.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#40LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 7:06:08 AM
The_DOAM posted...
Makes sense as they keep changing the ONE all while the preorder process is under way.

Also the pre-order number should be reduced as everyone knows the vast majority of these consoles only have one of two fates

1. Some people preorder to well own the thing

2. Some people preorder to scalp and this has gotten worse after that horrid Wii launch and drought.

3. To make Youtube videos with consoles asplodin' drenched, shot, catapulted, ran over, stomped, dropped, parachuted, hurled, smashed, burned, stabbed, slashed, crashed, squeezed, cannonballed, flattened, electrocuted, dragged, baked, boiled, flung, hacked, disassembled, reviewed, auctioned, gifted, turned to art, submerged, hammered, smothered, squashed, thrashed, frozen, bashed, mowed, flamethrower, grilled, smoked, attacked by wildlife, skits, firebombed, pierced, and so forth.

Everyone has got to top the last guy to destroy some piece of fancy tech so just wait and you'll find something twisted and unnatural done to a ONE or PS4 on launch day.

Even if it's scalped, it still counts as a sale.
I also highly doubt that a third of all preorderd consoles are going to be destroyed on you tube.
---