Leaked GTAV 360 data shows code for PS4 and PC but not Xbox One

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Leaked GTAV 360 data shows code for PS4 and PC but not Xbox One
2 years ago#41
Astute-CIass posted...
CyberneticRat posted...
Killzone, Knack and Driveclub. Great 'flurry' of games there.

Yup, I agree. Killzone looks great and can't wait to play its online, DriveClub looks beautifully immersive, and Knack looks like it has a fun little story.

Of course, I'm getting the stunning looking ResoGUN, too. Then there's also the best-running console multiplats of Watch Dogs and AC4.

So 6 great games I can't wait to play. I dont normally buy more than 2 at a time either, so fun times ahead for me, at launch, playing the objectively greatest upcoming next gen console :-)

Dont forget about RIME, the next GOTY :)
---
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.
2 years ago#42
Oh man, don't get me started on Rime. It looks gorgeous! And Everybody's Gone to the Rapture has me very intrigued. I'm so excited for the PS4! 29tg of November can't come soon enough!
---
The AstuteClass name returns...
PSN/GT - AstuteClass
2 years ago#43
Astute-CIass posted...
Oh man, don't get me started on Rime. It looks gorgeous! And Everybody's Gone to the Rapture has me very intrigued. I'm so excited for the PS4! 29tg of November can't come soon enough!

Man, we PS4 owners are gonna be the happiest gamers out there, while the Xbots will still be as bitter and jealous as they are now. Good stuff. :)
(edited 0 seconds ago)
2 years ago#44
kayoticdreamz posted...
Astute-CIass posted...
CyberneticRat posted...
PS4 players are finally rejoicing. Now they have an exclusive other than Killzone or Knack to play, finally making their purchase a little bit more worthwhile.

Considerably more power, Sony's first party devs, amazing controller, and a flurry of games I want to play at launch makes my purchase worth it. So much so, I've paid it off in advance!

LOL at amazing controller and flurry of games.

Multiple devs have stated that the PS4 controller is as good or better than the X1 controller, including a BF4 dev.

And despite your ignorance, there are a lot of good games available at launch for PS4. Killzone, Knack, Driveclub, Resogun, Blacklight Retribution, Planetside 2, DCUO, Warframe, and War Thunder. And that's not including all the third party games like CoD, BF, Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, etc.
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
2 years ago#45
chrish909 posted...
CyberneticRat posted...
PS4 players are finally rejoicing. Now they have an exclusive other than Killzone or Knack to play, finally making their purchase a little bit more worthwhile.

This

Hahaha

I cant wrap my mind around driveclub being time trials only in a 60 $ retail game. Or the killzone is releasing against cod and bf4. I really feel sorry for them, but even when the consoles do release the ps4 fanboys will still be here because what will they play?

drive club is free with ps+.
i love that we at least get a differnt taste other than the two most generic FPS's to date.

i feel sorry for the xbones dedicated servers with no one playing.....
2 years ago#46
I don't think its a big deal. GTA was exclusive to PS2 and I don't think it hurt the OG Xbox. Its not like GTA games come around yearly like COD, then i think it would be in trouble, but a new GTA game comes around every few years.

Despite all this, I still don't think GTA would be a Sony exclusive. Dev. are just having an easier time porting last gen games to the PS4 at the moment. Not to mention Sony would have mentioned this at E3 or even the upcoming TGC like MS did with the 360.

Also, the XBO doesn't share any of the same architecture with the 360 or is even BC. So I'm not surprised that code hacked from the 360 version doesn't have any kind of reference to a XBO version. If the code won't run properly on the XBO and it needs to be coded over from scratch, there is no point in putting any kind of reference to the XBO in the 360 code.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
2 years ago#47
ive never seen so much defensive butthurt in my life. all we have here is a little indication gta5 might be on ps4/pc and what happens, everyone goes in full force bash ps4 mode.
---
I'm wrong for the right.
2 years ago#48
mike468 posted...
I don't think its a big deal. GTA was exclusive to PS2 and I don't think it hurt the OG Xbox. Its not like GTA games come around yearly like COD, then i think it would be in trouble, but a new GTA game comes around every few years.

Despite all this, I still don't think GTA would be a Sony exclusive. Dev. are just having an easier time porting last gen games to the PS4 at the moment. Not to mention Sony would have mentioned this at E3 or even the upcoming TGC like MS did with the 360.

Also, the XBO doesn't share any of the same architecture with the 360 or is even BC. So I'm not surprised that code hacked from the 360 version doesn't have any kind of reference to a XBO version. If the code won't run properly on the XBO and it needs to be coded over from scratch, there is no point in putting any kind of reference to the XBO in the 360 code.

they didnt metion it at e3 because if they did it wouldve hurt current gen sales.
2 years ago#49
mike468 posted...

also, im pretty sure the lack of 3rd party support on the original xbox hurt it a bunch. what was the lifetime sales, around 25 million IIRC? compared to ps2 150mil...

san andreas was ported to the xbox with the better more solid version but at that point it was too late. no matter how you spin it, GTA is a console seller.

as with architecture. the same can be said about the ps3 and ps4. the cell processor is a completely different architecture than the x86, yet theres a code for it in the hacked files. now why wouldnt xbone have one considering the similar architecture? this negates all your points.
2 years ago#50
luvkonn23 posted...
mike468 posted...

they didnt metion it at e3 because if they did it wouldve hurt current gen sales.

Regardless, even IF GTA 5 is next gen exclusive to Sony, its really no loss to MS IMO. The PS2 had 3 different GTA games. MS made a huge deal about getting GTA this current gen and it really only payed off for just 1 game (GTA4 with exclusive content). GTA5 is kind of a moot point seeing as how it is being released on the tail end of the console cycle and MS is gearing up to push next gen.

I also just don't see GTA being Sony exclusive next gen. I think people are reading too much into the hacked game code. Like I mentioned in my previous post, the 360 and XBO are completely different, I'm not surprised there isn't any mention of XBO in the code.

luvkonn23 posted...

as with architecture. the same can be said about the ps3 and ps4. the cell processor is a completely different architecture than the x86, yet theres a code for it in the hacked files. now why wouldnt xbone have one considering the similar architecture? this negates all your points.

I still think Sony is sharing some coding for the OS between the two systems even if it looks they are different on paper because of the architecture. PSN and the OS looks completely unchanged, the new XBL looks entirely different. Not to mention that the XBO is essentially using 3 different OSs at once.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
(edited 0 seconds ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Leaked GTAV 360 data shows code for PS4 and PC but not Xbox One

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived