Help with a dilemma pls.

#1memphis12Posted 9/15/2013 12:02:39 AM
I've been with Microsoft since the first Xbox, and still playing on my 360 (currently playing Diablo 3) but... I was seriously considering getting a PS4 this time around.
Unfortunately I can't persuade my 12 year old son to part with Microsoft and is adamant he is getting Xbox One. (He is selling his 360 games currently to put towards high price)

The bonuses of me getting a Xone is that we can share games and save a lot of money this way. He doesn't really like the games I like, but sometimes we hit right games and next gen games seem to take both our fancies.

I'm going to pre order one today (most probably Xone as the free game kind of evens out price for me personally) but I just wondered if there are any honest impartial people on this board who can clear up the 50% more power on the PS4 as this is tilting me towards PS4 if true.

I'm asking on this board as I've been on 360 board for years and there were a lot of great people on that board who were really good guys.

Thanks in advance.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#2darkphiresagePosted 9/15/2013 12:35:44 AM
devs have said the ps4 is more powerful. exactly how much and whether or not it will be significant enough to matter in game is up for debate. if you absolutely have to choose now and you're letting jr. call the shots, choose by showing him 1st party titles for sony/MS and go with what he prefers. most big 3rd party titles will hit both systems, so the only advantage in library is from the niche JP titles/devs like Tales of and NIS games which are far more likely to end up on ps4.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#3TheM00dPosted 9/15/2013 1:25:05 AM
PS4 is probably more powerful but how much so we don't know for sure. Numbers have been thrown around a lot lately and it is hard to make sense of what is what. Games will look good no matter which console you play on. I wouldn't base your decision on which machine simply is supposed to be more powerful. Like many will tell you, base it off of which games you have more of an interest in, or which systems offers things that you will take advantage of. There is no wrong decision here.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#4ste_1Posted 9/15/2013 2:31:51 AM
If he wants the xbox one , let him have it. The lad clearly knows about gaming and has made a smart choice , both consoles are good and both will look great but xbox one is always going to be better online and have the budget to keep making everything better
#5memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 2:42:53 AM
Thanks for the replies. All his friends have xboxes and will most probably get xones. He isn't bothered what they get though he wants what he wants.

I will do a bit more research for myself and make a decision. I assumed the massive gap on "performance" and FPS etc would be like changing the settings on a pc from medium to high, but on high getting faster FPS than what Xone will get on medium. This could be a deal breaker for me if true.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#6kenpachi99Posted 9/15/2013 4:59:14 AM
Here is a list of ps4 and xone and launch games.

xone - http://ca.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Launch_Titles

ps4 - http://ca.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Launch_Titles

I hope this helps.

memphis12 posted...
I've been with Microsoft since the first Xbox, and still playing on my 360 (currently playing Diablo 3) but... I was seriously considering getting a PS4 this time around.
Unfortunately I can't persuade my 12 year old son to part with Microsoft and is adamant he is getting Xbox One. (He is selling his 360 games currently to put towards high price)

The bonuses of me getting a Xone is that we can share games and save a lot of money this way. He doesn't really like the games I like, but sometimes we hit right games and next gen games seem to take both our fancies.

I'm going to pre order one today (most probably Xone as the free game kind of evens out price for me personally) but I just wondered if there are any honest impartial people on this board who can clear up the 50% more power on the PS4 as this is tilting me towards PS4 if true.

I'm asking on this board as I've been on 360 board for years and there were a lot of great people on that board who were really good guys.

Thanks in advance.

---
SSBB FC: 1462-5913-8004
XBL/PSN/nintendo ID: hairlessraiden
#7memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 9:23:57 AM
kenpachi99 posted...
Here is a list of ps4 and xone and launch games.

xone - http://ca.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Launch_Titles

ps4 - http://ca.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Launch_Titles

I hope this helps.

memphis12 posted...

Thanks in advance.

Thanks dude. Unfortunately the games we're interested in are multi platform.. So it comes down to the better or more powerful console. I didn't take this long deciding what house to buy lol.
---
#8YeomanlyPosted 9/15/2013 9:28:57 AM
A big factor is online, dedicated servers will be huge on Xbox One, even 1st party game Killzone is using P2P on PS4.

PS4 is not 40-50% more powerful as people float that quote around, the GPU is more powerful, whole machine though, well could be better, worse or equal.

Real dev quotes, people who have come forward and put their name on comments have all said they are both equal.

Anonymous quotes could be anyone, no one with the strength to put their name in front of a quote.
#9memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 9:39:14 AM
Yeomanly posted...
A big factor is online, dedicated servers will be huge on Xbox One, even 1st party game Killzone is using P2P on PS4.

PS4 is not 40-50% more powerful as people float that quote around, the GPU is more powerful, whole machine though, well could be better, worse or equal.

Real dev quotes, people who have come forward and put their name on comments have all said they are both equal.

Anonymous quotes could be anyone, no one with the strength to put their name in front of a quote.

This reply has made me think, and I hope you're right. I think I know deep down Xone is for me, I just need to make sure.

If we have Xbox live gold currently on our 360s can we use that on Xone and can you talk to Xbox 360 friends on Xone? (Stupid question I know, but..)
---
#10YeomanlyPosted 9/15/2013 9:42:00 AM
memphis12 posted...
Yeomanly posted...

This reply has made me think, and I hope you're right. I think I know deep down Xone is for me, I just need to make sure.

If we have Xbox live gold currently on our 360s can we use that on Xone and can you talk to Xbox 360 friends on Xone? (Stupid question I know, but..)

Your current Live account is used on both machines concurrently, no need for a seperate account/subscription.

As of now we can't talk between 360/XBO, XBox One has better chat and uses Skype, 360 can not handle the new chat.