Lmao XB1 has already won the console war. It's over. Give it up kids.

#91Rome218Posted 9/15/2013 8:11:17 PM
Has anyone read his last article from Destructoid about how PS3 fanboys are the worst of them all? I might get a PS4 first, but I don't want to be in the same category of the same overzealous people who IMO make the Sony brand name look bad. Ya there are on fanboys but nothing is worse than Sony fanboys.
#92DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/15/2013 8:22:49 PM
darkphiresage posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Wait, I don't remember needing Vita TV to do remote play...

you don't. both the vita, and the vita tv can do remote play on their own. the vita streams ps4 games to it's screen, while the vita tv can be hooked up to a different tv and stream ps4 games to it. vita tv still acts as a vita with a cartridge slot and access to the PS store. it's an entire console by itself, ps4 streaming is just a bonus.

edit: of course, the downside is if you don't already own a vita and memory card, you have to buy one of Sony's expensive ass cards to actually be able to play your vita games and dl psp/ps1 games off of the store.

I see where my confusion is. You consider playing on another TV remote play. I guess I was thinking remote play as in I have a portable device that lets me play anywhere, like in the tub or on the balcony. I am not very interested in Vita play at all. Vita barely has a good library and its games aren't really worth playing at all unless you have the advantage of portability. My Vita collection consists of Dragons Crown (PS3 game), EDF 2017 (old console port), Muramasa (another console game) and Soul Sacrifice (a poor version of Monster Hunter).

Hence I'm really not sure why I would want to play Vita games with something like a Vita TV but I guess it could excite a few people.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#93NumenorPosted 9/15/2013 8:33:33 PM
The likelihood would be that SCE would be spun-off from Sony as an independent company. I don't see the Playstation system disappearing anytime soon.
---
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. - Gandalf
#94darkphiresagePosted 9/15/2013 8:51:39 PM
darkphiresage posted...
Wait, I don't remember needing Vita TV to do remote play...

you don't. both the vita, and the vita tv can do remote play on their own. the vita streams ps4 games to it's screen, while the vita tv can be hooked up to a different tv and stream ps4 games to it. vita tv still acts as a vita with a cartridge slot and access to the PS store. it's an entire console by itself, ps4 streaming is just a bonus.

edit: of course, the downside is if you don't already own a vita and memory card, you have to buy one of Sony's expensive ass cards to actually be able to play your vita games and dl psp/ps1 games off of the store.

I see where my confusion is. You consider playing on another TV remote play. I guess I was thinking remote play as in I have a portable device that lets me play anywhere, like in the tub or on the balcony. I am not very interested in Vita play at all. Vita barely has a good library and its games aren't really worth playing at all unless you have the advantage of portability. My Vita collection consists of Dragons Crown (PS3 game), EDF 2017 (old console port), Muramasa (another console game) and Soul Sacrifice (a poor version of Monster Hunter).

Hence I'm really not sure why I would want to play Vita games with something like a Vita TV but I guess it could excite a few people.

people call it remote play because supposedly it works the same way as the vita. it can wake up and stream your ps4 by "remote". I don't know if there's been any confirmation that you can take it anywhere with a wifi connection, (friend's house, work, etc), and play your ps4 from there, but I don't see why it would be limited to a local network when the vita isn't.

as for your personal interest, It's not for everyone. most people who already own a vita won't find much use for it unless they have two places in their home where they'd like to play their ps4. the main markets are people who either don't like handhelds, or wanna play vita games without paying vita money...neither of which you're a part of.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#95chrish909Posted 9/16/2013 3:42:06 AM
Numenor posted...
The likelihood would be that SCE would be spun-off from Sony as an independent company. I don't see the Playstation system disappearing anytime soon.

If it did spin off as an independent company, it would have little to no money backing it, any large failure, and itd be over.

Numenor, do you post on imdb boards? I saw that same gandalf sig.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#96DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/16/2013 5:34:54 AM
If it was an independent company it would not have the capital or resources to compete with MS. It would be have to do something like the Wii U.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#97NumenorPosted 9/16/2013 7:47:13 AM
Nope, not on IMDB.
---
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. - Gandalf
#98_Sovereign_Posted 9/16/2013 9:37:37 AM
TC, the only thing I agree with is your sig.
---
"Microsoft demands simultaneous multiplatform releases" - Type that into your search bar and you'll see why you should buy Rayman on Wii U, not ports.
#99The_DarkwalkerPosted 9/16/2013 11:14:17 AM
chrish909 posted...
You guys do realize that sony is pretty close to giving up on their entire hardware division. 6.5% of sony shareholders want to sell the entire hardware division including playstation. Sony is also pretty close to breaking up into multiple divisions leaving the ps4 to rot in the dust.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-17-sony-break-up-would-spell-trouble-for-games

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1475121-sonys-revival

http://www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/SNE--Probability_Of_Bankruptcy

This website says sony has 47% chance of going bankrupt in 2 years

http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml

Its so weird how so many people support a dying brand. Could you trolls please go away now.

I'm sure that the minority 6.5% of Sony shareholders will be able to convince the other 93.5% of shareholders that they need to cut their losses and shut it all down.

OH, LAWDY! THA END IS NIGH! THA END IS NIGH!
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#100DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/16/2013 11:18:49 AM
6.5% is huge...
---