Why does Forza 5 look so underwhelming?

#51youngskillzPosted 9/16/2013 8:49:10 PM
FOXSOLID posted...
Forza cuts corners left and right to get 60fps. It's all an illusion kiddies.

Driveclub is attempting some great graphical fidelity and dynamic weather/time of day aspects that Forza simply can't.

And to the delusional...Driveclub is confirmed to support up to 12 cars on a track. So you can stop with all of that time trial only BS.

well said, some parts of driveclub look amazingly realistic.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Severed Fate, Mechanical God Creation, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Evertrapped, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#52gogogodzillaPosted 9/16/2013 9:57:08 PM
It's underwhelming because the game is unfinished.

And will be sold unfinished.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#53AwayFromHerePosted 9/16/2013 10:00:09 PM
Maybe because they have put out 4 Forza games on the 360?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#54WM_PMCPosted 9/16/2013 11:45:06 PM
For anyone who still thinks Drive Club is still just a time trial game.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78211021&postcount=1060

Let's now also consider the fact that the developers behind DC are notorious for waiting until the last minute to ramp up the graphics, they're still not done tweaking this game. They're still aiming for 60FPS at launch and they think that goal is well within reach.

So then we're looking at a game with 12 cars, 1080p at 60 FPS, dynamic lighting, dynamic weather, etc. and you have a game that is much more impressive graphically than Forza. Not everything is about how photorealistic something is. For example, Killzone is a pretty good looking game. It's not a game that blows your mind,, but it;s also not a game that you would say has sub-par graphics. With that being said, it has probably the best particle effects of any launch game for either console.
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#55Ryan-06Posted 9/16/2013 11:56:33 PM(edited)
youngskillz posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
Forza cuts corners left and right to get 60fps. It's all an illusion kiddies.

Driveclub is attempting some great graphical fidelity and dynamic weather/time of day aspects that Forza simply can't.

And to the delusional...Driveclub is confirmed to support up to 12 cars on a track. So you can stop with all of that time trial only BS.

well said, some parts of driveclub look amazingly realistic.

What's funnier, I need to add this for the record:

On PS3- Gran Turismo 5 already HAD dynamic weather on tracks, as well as time of day. It made endurance races look good when you can watch the sunset and lighting change while racing for a long time.
And yes GT5 is 60FPS.

Now look at Forza 3-4. Reports said Turn 10 cut out things like time of day and used static lighting to keep 60FPS. And there's no weather in Forza 4 either.
Then there's BF3 being superior on PS3. People went ape**** over that report.

PS3 is just better at processing things when used right. Only happened late in its life due to the complex architecture of course. We went from Genji looks crap, to Uncharted 3 and Beyond Two Souls.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada. US sucks =(
#56LaManoNeraIIPosted 9/17/2013 12:35:01 AM
Because it was rushed to try and salvage a disasterous Xbone launch
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#57jonathanlachapePosted 9/17/2013 3:54:40 AM
I disagree with the op, I preordered a PS4 and I finally also pre-ordered the xbone only for Forza 5, that is the only reason why I paid 500$ more, just for one game. It look like such a great game that I want it at launch.

I don't believe Drive club will be a great game, it will just be a good game.

I predict forza 5 will score 9.5/10 critics and drive club 8.5

It's hard to pin point why, but Forza 5 will just be much more fun to play.
#58Ryan-06Posted 9/21/2013 5:45:13 AM
Forza Rushed Product 5. Hence the massive day 1 required "DLC" just to be able to run the game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/40W5r.jpg -wisdom
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
#59chrish909Posted 9/21/2013 5:57:36 AM
Comparing forza to driveclub is a joke

Forza is a real next gen racing game.

Driveclub is 30fps, f2p, time trials only.

Seriously dont compare them ever
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#60youngskillzPosted 9/21/2013 1:32:36 PM
chrish909 posted...
Comparing forza to driveclub is a joke

Forza is a real next gen racing game.

Driveclub is 30fps, f2p, time trials only.

Seriously dont compare them ever

lol gtfo.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Moshquito, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.