Concerning the old DRM policies...

#1PhantasmKariPosted 9/15/2013 8:34:25 AM
Weren't their rumors of the things MS was planning to do with things like DRM...Didn't these crop up with the PS3 and Sony came under fire for it?

I'm pretty sure i remember this being a big deal, why did MS even attempt it?

Perhaps i'm remembering wrong, but i could have sworn i read a quite a bit and being annoyed at Sony myself for it...

This is not a fangirl topic or a joke topic. I'm perfectly serious and i'm not attacking the XB1.
#2DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/15/2013 8:48:10 AM
They wanted to go all digital but people didn't know what that meant so they freaked out.

MS wanted to bring the physical market advantages to digital but that required all digital. Family sharing allows multiple people to play the same purchased game and seemed more convenient than sharing physical discs (especially since when I lend out a game I never get them back...).

MS also wanted to implement game resales so that there would be a second hand market for digital content.

They also wanted to implement cloud into all their games so that even Single games could take on ridiculous scales and dynamics.

These are all great ideas but people aren't ready for it. I hated Diablo 3 for its always online. A lot of the times, I just wanted to play on my laptop at an airport or on a bullet train. But nope! Can't do it.

Same with Xbox, I don't want it always connected.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#3IroncondorzPosted 9/15/2013 9:08:50 AM
PhantasmKari posted...
Weren't their rumors of the things MS was planning to do with things like DRM...Didn't these crop up with the PS3 and Sony came under fire for it?

Perhaps i'm remembering wrong, but i could have sworn i read a quite a bit and being annoyed at Sony myself for it...

This is not a fangirl topic or a joke topic. I'm perfectly serious and i'm not attacking the XB1.

Honestly we will be going all digital soon, it is only a matter of time. MS just wanted to get in on it early.

Now remember MS is can't decide alone about how the games are distributed since they don't own the games. They have to make sure the developer/publishers are also on board, and most of them want restrictions against used games and piracy.
#4PokebaldyPosted 9/15/2013 9:50:59 AM
I never really was against going all digital, what I am against is the 24-hour daily check and always online >__>
#5embrandedonePosted 9/15/2013 9:57:37 AM
http://gamerhorizon.com/e3-2013-playstations-careful-assassination-of-the-xbox-one/

They were coaxed into it from false reports and figured they weren't the only ones attempting such nonsense.

Not to mention there was heavy pressure from EA.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#6BudWisenheimerPosted 9/15/2013 1:29:22 PM
embrandedone posted...
They were coaxed into it ...

I don't think there is any chance MS needed any coaxing to do something they already wanted to do. They would have done this with the 360 if they could.
#7IvanKozlovPosted 9/15/2013 1:37:40 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
They wanted to go all digital but people didn't know what that meant so they freaked out.

MS wanted to bring the physical market advantages to digital but that required all digital. Family sharing allows multiple people to play the same purchased game and seemed more convenient than sharing physical discs (especially since when I lend out a game I never get them back...).

MS also wanted to implement game resales so that there would be a second hand market for digital content.

They also wanted to implement cloud into all their games so that even Single games could take on ridiculous scales and dynamics.

These are all great ideas but people aren't ready for it. I hated Diablo 3 for its always online. A lot of the times, I just wanted to play on my laptop at an airport or on a bullet train. But nope! Can't do it.

Same with Xbox, I don't want it always connected.

They can still do these things without the DRM. I personally didn't mind it as I'm going all digital for my Ps4 anyway, but to each his own.
---
For the night is dark and full of terrors.
#8scratch_porkinsPosted 9/15/2013 9:49:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9FinzFan4lifePosted 9/15/2013 11:30:34 PM
Ironcondorz posted...
PhantasmKari posted...

Honestly we will be going all digital soon, it is only a matter of time. MS just wanted to get in on it early.

Now remember MS is can't decide alone about how the games are distributed since they don't own the games. They have to make sure the developer/publishers are also on board, and most of them want restrictions against used games and piracy.

Yes they can, it is their console they can say only digital games if they want, and I doubt developers would mind cause it would cut out used game sales
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#10FustmonkeyPosted 9/15/2013 11:44:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]