Why do people argue so much about which console is better?

#11thepixelgardenPosted 9/15/2013 12:04:31 PM
Well, you know that saying that goes "People were created to be loved, things were created to be used; the reason why the world is in chaos right now is because things are being loved, and people are being used"?

Well even though we, as a society, are losing our empathy for one another, the need is still inside us to live for a purpose, to be loyal to someone, to defend a family, etc. so we take those feelings and transfer them onto our recreational entertainment. So that's what you're seeing. You're seeing people be as loyal to their console as they would to a loved one, or defending it the way a father would defend his family.

Incidentally, these same feelings of loyalty can be transferred to any number of subjects, from celebrities to cell phones. It's what the world we live in today encourages.
#12VioletZer0Posted 9/15/2013 12:09:17 PM
Lovecraftiangod posted...
It's fun.

There we go, this.
#13True_FoeHammerPosted 9/15/2013 12:20:43 PM
It's fun.

That too. It's great to see people get riled up over something so trivial.

I may be here solely to troll, but at least I use things like FACTS and QUOTATIONS, instead of some rambling 2 000 word, unformatted post that reads like a LiveJournal entry.
#14VioletZer0Posted 9/15/2013 12:26:16 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
It's fun.

I may be here solely to troll, but at least I use things like FACTS and QUOTATIONS, instead of some rambling 2 000 word, unformatted post that reads like a LiveJournal entry.

"I like to be part of the argument, but only ironically. That way I can argue with them while still being superior to them!

I am the ultimate snob!"
#15True_FoeHammerPosted 9/15/2013 12:35:56 PM
VioletZer0 posted...
True_FoeHammer posted...
It's fun.

"I like to be part of the argument, but only ironically. That way I can argue with them while still being superior to them!

I am the ultimate snob!"

Maybe I should add a thing or two.

Of course I'm a fan of video games. Maybe (or definitely) a little bit too much. I'm personally invested in the medium. HOWEVER, video games are still purely entertainment. If for some reason the concept disappeared entirely from existence, I couldn't imagine that that many negatives would pop up.

That said, of course I'm going to fight Microsoft on what they were planning. Something bad for the consumer is bad for the industry, and Microsoft was going to do a looooooot of bad things to the consumer. I'm going to make a pathetic fight in a pathetic way for something that is entirely useless, but I love anyway.

People just have to put things in the proper perspective.
#16RollnThunder213Posted 9/15/2013 12:41:04 PM
1. Most people on the internet are immature (mostly due to anonymity in all likelihood)

2. People need to believe that their choice, video games or otherwise, is the correct and smart choice. They don't realize that when it comes to consoles there's so much that comes down to personal preference (controller, eco system, friends, types of games) that there is no universal "right choice"
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#17BenJealousPosted 9/15/2013 1:15:17 PM
Because M$ is trying to spread lies, so true gamers have to call M$ on those lies.
---
I ben jealous of other people's hard work and success.