I dont understand people these days

#1Gold25onePosted 9/15/2013 12:50:55 PM
Ever since i was a kid back playing my SNES i have always dreamed of being inside the game heck almost everyone wanted to be IN the game and now that we are taking steps towards that future with devices like kinect 2.0 and VR headsets like the Oculus rift which just keep on improving gamers just shun them for no good reason (mostly kinect but i still see people talk **** about the Rift)

You all need to start seeing these as steps (and very big ones at that) towards what i can find to be the best example being SAO (Sword art online) so stop being so closed minded about new technology, will it be buggy and not as good as it can be? yes but microsoft has already shown that in can and will improve.
---
This isn't some Video Game, this is DARK SOULS. - Souldepriver
#2656stoogePosted 9/15/2013 12:55:25 PM
Maybe people would be more excited for Kinect if they hadn't rushed a s*** version out for the 360 and then dropped all support for it bar a few dance and sport games.
And the Wii had motion controls in 99% of their games, and yet 99% of the time they weren't needed or appreciated.

Virtual reality would be sweet, but don't kid your self into thinking that the Kinect will ever be more than a glorified dance mat.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#3LotrMorgothPosted 9/15/2013 1:06:29 PM
because for every sword dueling on the wii, there were a ton of wave at the camera games

i think people would be on board if the games were there
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#4SilentS89Posted 9/15/2013 1:12:56 PM
Kinect is trash, the Rift looks cool though.
#5JeDDyDPosted 9/15/2013 1:14:38 PM
You're right, you don't understand people.
---
"Purple Monkey Dishwasher"
#6Gold25one(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 1:37:13 PM
Kinect 2.0 + Rift + open room + good designed game = pretty damned close to true VR the tech is still new and like everything new after people give it a chance it gets better
---
This isn't some Video Game, this is DARK SOULS. - Souldepriver
#7METALINGUS5150Posted 9/15/2013 1:39:29 PM
Kinect is inaccurate and laggy so it wouldn't work well for VR.
#8NSGraphitePosted 9/15/2013 1:42:10 PM
Gold25one posted...
Kinect 2.0 + Rift + open room + good designed game = pretty damned close to true VR the tech is still new and like everything new after people give it a chance it gets better

True. very true. give kinect, pseye, wiimote and VR 10-15 years to mature and i bet fully immersive VR will be the end result.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#9BlackisbackonPosted 9/15/2013 1:47:21 PM
LotrMorgoth posted...
because for every sword dueling on the wii, there were a ton of wave at the camera games

i think people would be on board if the games were there

This. I wouldn't mind Kinect or any motion type controls on games if great games were there for them and they worked correctly.

I agree with the TC. I've wanted to be "in the game" for as long as I can remember and if they can show me the games that I would love to play with the Kinect, I'd be down for putting my money towards Xbox One.
---
Xbox One is sort of like America, a bunch of feel good slogans and disappearing freedoms. -thegreatsquare
#10Bikes-Posted 9/15/2013 1:52:51 PM
Kinect doesn't really go towards VR tech since we'll never realistically be able to move around like that in a living room, too much running into things since you're effectively blind, it would need to either use a controller of some sort (Ala .hack) or to just work off brain signals.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265