Bull**** things I consistently see on this board and why're they're bull****.

#1VioletZer0Posted 9/15/2013 12:56:39 PM
When you're going to go about debating which console is better, at least do so in a way that is educated.

Let's start off.

"The power difference doesn't matter. In last generation the 360 typically looked better and it was less powerful than the PS3."

What's important to understand isn't just how powerful a console is, but also how easy it is to develop for. In the last generation, PS3 had something called "Cell Architecture" where basically it had a bunch of processors, but each processor could only handle a limited range of tasks. Supposedly was more efficient. This was not the case.

Strictly speaking, yes. The PS3 WAS more powerful than the 360. And games developed for the PS3 by developers who understood the hardware typically looked better than most 360 games. However, the multiplatform games on 360 looked better. However! The reason for this was because Cell Architecture was ridiculously hard to develop for. And when developing for multiplatform, most developers were only interested in getting the two versions roughly equal.

On top of Cell Architecture, it also had this other problem where it had half the usable RAM that the Xbox 360 did. This causes a LOT of problems with PS3 development and was one of the primary reasons why Skyrim on the PS3 was so bad.

In this generation, it appears that Sony (in collaboration with AMD) has learned a lot from the PS3. As it now uses x86. It's pretty much like developing for PC and as a result, developing for it is much easier. The Xbox One also uses x86.

Hardware wise, the PS4 is a straight upgrade and, if the reports are to be believed, it's easier to develop for too. Since the two systems have identical processor architecture, the differences will definitely be more visible.

However, as time and time again prove that the most powerful console isn't usually the winner.

Microsoft is probably going to flip back to its previous policies after it gets its install base.

Do you guys have any idea how much trouble they would get into if they did that?

When Sony removed a feature barely anyone used, everyone flipped their lid about it.
#2VioletZer0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 12:58:32 PM
Feel free to contribute.
#3memphis12Posted 9/15/2013 1:01:00 PM
PS4 Wins!! we get it. You didn't have to write all that to tell us what we already know.

If you were objective in your post you wouldn't fall under the definition of fanboy.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#4656stoogePosted 9/15/2013 1:01:09 PM
I still can't believe how messed up Miley Cirus is. It's really upsetting me.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#5memphis12Posted 9/15/2013 1:02:13 PM
656stooge posted...
I still can't believe how messed up Miley Cirus is. It's really upsetting me.

That tongue ... It's so ... Disturbing
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#6VioletZer0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 1:02:30 PM
memphis12 posted...
PS4 Wins!! we get it. You didn't have to write all that to tell us what we already know.

If you were objective in your post you wouldn't fall under the definition of fanboy.

How is that not objective?
#7An_EthiopianPosted 9/15/2013 1:03:24 PM
When debating about consoles (or anything really) you want to be as objective as possible and reinforce your arguments with evidence. Here are some examples.

1) Numerous sources (developers with dev kits for both consoles) have confirmed that the PS4 is more powerful than the X1.

2) The X1 is $100 more expensive.

3) The X1 doesn't have a replaceable HDD.

4) MS has a history of providing minimum support for their consoles especially during the later stages of a generation.

5) X1 will cost $10 more per year for online play amongst other things.

6) X1 will not have PS+ type offerings as we know so far.

7) X1 will take more desk space and consume more power than the PS4.

You guys can add more to this if you want. I'm sure there are positives you guys know about and can add.
---
The statement below me is true.
The statement above me is false.
#8memphis12Posted 9/15/2013 1:04:42 PM
VioletZer0 posted...
memphis12 posted...

How is that not objective?

Tell me where you were objective and we can talk.
---
#9VioletZer0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 1:10:17 PM
4) MS has a history of providing minimum support for their consoles especially during the later stages of a generation.

You mean all of two examples?
#10BenjaminJealousPosted 9/15/2013 1:11:20 PM
TC speaks truth.