Bull**** things I consistently see on this board and why're they're bull****.

#21VioletZer0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 1:27:52 PM
I have text to image D:
#22SilentS89Posted 9/15/2013 1:28:46 PM
VioletZer0 posted...
SilentS89 posted...

Microsoft built backdoors into their software for the NSA and actively assisted in government spying on Skype videos, far more vile acts than restoring the DRM have hardly received more than a slap on the wrist.

Microsoft could restore the DRM and the apathy of their customers would shield them from consequences. Hell, half their customers will probably praise them for it.

I don't think they can get away with "You can't use your used games anymore. Sorry!"

I think they could.

I think they will.

The draconian DRM was always their desire.
#23656stoogePosted 9/15/2013 1:29:03 PM
They're not ever going to flip a switch and put the DRM back. What they WILL do, however, is start pushing digital only games much harder in a few years.
Expect Halo and the like to get disc releases, but you can guarantee that there will be a ton more games from them using the Killer Instinct model.

You don't need to ban used games if you never release physical copies in the first place.

By the way, I'm not saying Sony won't do this too.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#24TrueBlue91Posted 9/15/2013 1:30:59 PM
656stooge posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
memphis12 posted...
656stooge posted...
I still can't believe how messed up Miley Cirus is. It's really upsetting me.

That tongue ... It's so ... Disturbing

Dare I ask... what are you guys talking about?

Might not be suitable for work

http://au.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/201371/rs_600x600-130801085313-600.Miley.jl.080113.jpg

WHAT THE ****

GOATSE all over again

*Sits in corner, shaking*
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#25VioletZer0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 1:32:51 PM
SilentS89 posted...

I think they could.

I think they will.

The draconian DRM was always their desire.

I'm sorry to burst your tinfoil bubble but NO THEY CAN'T.

The reason they can get away with things like spying is because it is beneath most customer's notice. The thing about spying is that you're not supposed to notice it.

Screwing over both customers and businesses that established their business around used games would not fly under the radar. People would know, the entire stock of used Xbox One games would immediately become worthless and people would be a little upset. And by upset I mean lawsuits would be involved.
#26VioletZer0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 1:33:23 PM
WHY ARE YOU GUYS QUOTING IT!?

Stop quoting it damn it!
#27656stoogePosted 9/15/2013 1:35:01 PM(edited)
TrueBlue91 posted...

WHAT THE ****

GOATSE all over again

Jesus Christ. I just googled that. Damn you sir.

...it's one man, one jar all over again.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#28TrueBlue91Posted 9/15/2013 1:36:07 PM
VioletZer0 posted...
WHY ARE YOU GUYS QUOTING IT!?

Stop quoting it damn it!

Oh god, text to image...
Sorry...
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#29TrueBlue91Posted 9/15/2013 1:41:55 PM
656stooge posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...

WHAT THE ****

GOATSE all over again

Jesus Christ. I just googled that. Damn you sir.

...it's one man, one jar all over again.

Oh no you don't...

Got me curious now... but I know whatever it is must be ridiculously disturbing
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#30SilentS89Posted 9/15/2013 1:57:45 PM(edited)
VioletZer0 posted...
The reason they can get away with things like spying is because it is beneath most customer's notice. The thing about spying is that you're not supposed to notice it.

Screwing over both customers and businesses that established their business around used games would not fly under the radar. People would know, the entire stock of used Xbox One games would immediately become worthless and people would be a little upset. And by upset I mean lawsuits would be involved.

I won't lie, this is a fairly compelling argument. But it assumes Microsoft will make an intelligent choice.

Back in April people kept telling me that Microsoft wouldn't be so moronic as to adopt draconian DRM.

In May I found out that Microsoft was in fact that moronic.

Microsoft has made braindead choices in the past. Like, suggesting that DRM in the first place. Or #DealWithIt, or "No internet connection? Buy a 360!". Yeah, they got rid of those employees, but they didn't get rid of the corporate culture that infected those employees.