Let's establish what can be used to determine console quality for debates.

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/15/2013 2:29:52 PM
Yes, this is another typical console war topic. If you don't care for the debates, then you probably shouldn't be in this topic. I am not trolling, I am here to discuss the XB1 and the PS4. As for the rest of us, let's try to remain as civilized as possible.

GOAL: To try and determine the true comparative benefits for each console for when we debate about them. Let's all create a list together that everyone can agree on.

So basically, what can count as the objective benefits and what isn't. Please note that though smaller conveniences might seem like something some might want to argue as an objective benefit, let's try to keep only the most relevant of points. Try to think only of details that actually could be an inarguable benefit to all, things that would make a difference when deciding which console is best. For example, NFL integration might seem like a nice addition to some, but it's a convenience that might not matter to plenty of other people. Only think of things you know can be great for all.

Also, please note that games are subjective variables. You can like a console because you prefer one list of exclusives more than the other, but they really don't hold much weight to represent universal, unbiased quality. Along with subjective variables, try not to rely on heavy speculation that does not have any structured basis.

LIST (XB1):

- Online servers.

LIST (PS4):

- Price.
- Theoretically more power.

**This is an open list, not only what I believe to be true. Feel free to add or remove anything that you find would be an inarguable benefit to all core gamers.**
#2LovecraftiangodPosted 9/15/2013 2:34:13 PM
No negative about the xbone can ever be mentioned but anything negative about the ps4 is fair game even if it is a lie.
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft
#3memphis12Posted 9/15/2013 2:47:11 PM
The problem with this is, your "conveniences" may be to some, the main selling point for a console.

Cloud, kinect, controller, exclusives, gamerscore carrying over, Xbox live, (a free game with console kind of evens up the whole price debate anyway)

A theoretical isn't really "true" as you put it, it's just speculation for now. So your opening post is paving the way for the same bs that is in every other topic..
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#4DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/15/2013 2:49:37 PM(edited)
Terrible topic....

Also, I can't believe how little TC knows about both consoles yet wants to make a topic like this.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#5JeDDyDPosted 9/15/2013 2:59:51 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Terrible topic....

Also, I can't believe how little TC knows about both consoles yet wants to make a topic like this.

You made a thread similar to this except your thread was not only worse, but biased.
---
"Purple Monkey Dishwasher"
#6memphis12Posted 9/15/2013 3:01:05 PM
JeDDyD posted...
Terrible topic....

You made a thread similar to this except your thread was not only worse, but biased.

TC is biased though, so I don't understand your point either..
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#7ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 3:02:18 PM
memphis12 posted...
The problem with this is, your "conveniences" may be to some, the main selling point for a console.

Cloud, kinect, controller, exclusives, gamerscore carrying over, Xbox live, (a free game with console kind of evens up the whole price debate anyway)

A theoretical isn't really "true" as you put it, it's just speculation for now. So your opening post is paving the way for the same bs that is in every other topic..

"The problem with this is, your "conveniences" may be to some, the main selling point for a console."

I am not here to judge why every person is buying a console. I am trying to establish which arguments can be considered universal variables to all. If something, as you say, may or may not be a selling point to people, then it really isn't an inarguable benefit...now is it? If that's why you're buying the console- fine. But if you can prove that something is a benefit to all that isn't simply a subjective convenience, then that would make it worth using in debates.

"A theoretical isn't really "true" as you put it, it's just speculation for now."

Along with subjective variables, try not to rely on heavy speculation that does not have any structured basis.

Unlike other forms of speculation, the power balance has some logical structure behind it. I said to not use something that has no indication of being true at all.

Terrible topic....

What a surprise! I created this topic and invited civilized debating, but look how fast that went into the ground. Typical of a fanboy like you being the person to bring in your BS. Nice argumentative points, btw. Why don't you go make yet another bad topic about why your personal preference for XB1 features prove why the XB1 is best for all.
#8ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 3:05:02 PM
memphis12 posted...
JeDDyD posted...
Terrible topic....

TC is biased though, so I don't understand your point either..

ImThe8thWonder posted...
**This is an open list, not only what I believe to be true. Feel free to add or remove anything that you find would be an inarguable benefit to all core gamers.**

So inviting people to contribute with what they think to be true is biased? Unlike monkey, I am calling for people to discuss what they think are universal benefits, I am not making claims. Got a problem with my list? Well, that's why I said it was an open list to begin with. Write down what you think are objective benefits to all.
#9Soar2344Posted 9/15/2013 3:05:24 PM
Terrible topic....

*Looks at topic you made about the same thing*

Hypocrite
---
Official Latios of the Pokemon X and Y board
#10DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/15/2013 3:12:07 PM(edited)
Soar2344 posted...
Terrible topic....

*Looks at topic you made about the same thing*

Hypocrite

Except my topic actually had a point. This is a poor copy cat.

He is already missing remote play for PS4 and Vita kinectivity.

For the Xbox he is missing potential cloud support from Azure, HDMI passthrough, Kinect, Snap, Family sharing and all these basic things we've known about for a long time.

The only reason this topic with gain traction is because he is basically a known fanboy who thinks Kinect is terrible for everyone and ignores all other advantages like the plague.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H