Microsoft advertisement tells first buyers to beta test the system (pic)

#41MilesTeg420Posted 9/16/2013 6:15:38 AM
Evel138 posted...
Its of no surprise to me (certainly of the represented average) that so few seem to grasp the concept of this ad.

Its just a continuation on MS piss poor messaging thus far, I suppose.

Advice to MS: Do you ever read the the internet, Microsoft? Observe the way they think and act? You have to speak to them as if they were 5 year old children

It's not that people on the internet don't understand it. It's that it can easily be twisted into a negative, which is what we saw here. As well as the fact that "beta tested in the future" means nothing to the average consumer.
#42WM_PMCPosted 9/16/2013 6:23:11 AM
georgewduff1 posted...
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
mankindismymask posted...
photoshoped?

if not someone is sabotaging inside Microsoft, someone with power. I've been suspecting this for months.

It's not photoshopped, I saw one when I was out yesterday

its photoshop...sorry but beta tested in the future...whats the point with that...

and if you saw it...post your picture...

Clearly it's photoshopped. It's not like two more adds were posted in this topic or anything.
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#43SoulTrapperPosted 9/16/2013 6:26:56 AM
georgewduff1 posted...

its photoshop...sorry but beta tested in the future...whats the point with that...

and if you saw it...post your picture...

http://pixelenemy.com/xbox-one-has-been-beta-tested-in-the-future-ad-states/

It's a completely legitimate ad, demonstrating once again how terrible their marketing team is.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#44VioletZer0Posted 9/16/2013 6:40:47 AM
I don't even know what this is supposed to say!

Even if you don't know what beta testing is this is confusing.
#45Evel138Posted 9/16/2013 6:51:24 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
It's not that people on the internet don't understand it.

Oh really? Because I read plenty of ppl in this very thread that haven't a clue.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#46AlexanaxelaPosted 9/16/2013 7:45:45 AM
''beta tested in the future.''

thank you microsoft, THAT'S what i want to hear when i buy your console, that you'll beta test it later. Srsly wth is wrong with the advertising people at microsoft?
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#47AlexanaxelaPosted 9/16/2013 7:51:40 AM(edited)
for what they were trying to say they should have changed ''in'' to ''for.'' But even that leads to the implication that it hasn't been beta tested for the present
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#48DarkestSouls(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 7:53:09 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Evel138 posted...
Its of no surprise to me (certainly of the represented average) that so few seem to grasp the concept of this ad.

Advice to MS: Do you ever read the the internet, Microsoft? Observe the way they think and act? You have to speak to them as if they were 5 year old children

It's not that people on the internet don't understand it. It's that it can easily be twisted into a negative, which is what we saw here. As well as the fact that "beta tested in the future" means nothing to the average consumer.

if noone knows what it means, it's open to any interpretation, including my interpretation

.......that just shows you how dumb MS PR/marketing is
#49Ch3wyPosted 9/16/2013 7:58:27 AM
DarkestSouls posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Evel138 posted...

if noone knows what it means, it's open to any interpretation, including my interpretation

But people do know what it means.

It's extremely illogical to think they were trying to say something negative about themselves with an advertisement.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#50DarkestSouls(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 8:02:22 AM
Ch3wy posted...
DarkestSouls posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Evel138 posted...

But people do know what it means.

It's extremely illogical to think they were trying to say something negative about themselves with an advertisement.

no, you don't even know what it means.

extremely illogical?!?! you must've missed all the stupid things and all the reversals they did in the past several months