PSA: If you want the Xbox One, get it at or near launch.

#1VioletZer0Posted 9/16/2013 7:57:38 AM
You can, at the very least, wait and see if there are critical hardware faults like RROD or other serious problems, but do try and get it ASAP if you want an Xbox One.

The console gaming industry, in essence, screwed itself. It trained customers to wait until later to buy a new console. With problems like the RROD, better models, price drops and other goodies that come for late adopters.

And last but certainly not least, the library wasteland of early console lifetime. The early exclusives are always really crappy, look real crappy and always focus on the system's gimmicks in the worst way possible. In an effort to counteract this, companies like MS and Sony focus so much on launch titles just to get the early adopters on board and get the ball rolling. Which is a terrible, terrible mistake.

I get it, this sucks. However, it is important to understand that if you want consoles like the Xbox One to take off, then you need to buy one.

Because not only do customers wait until there are games on the system before they buy one, developers wait until customers buy the system before making games for it.

It is important for any console that you invest in the console if you want to see it take off. Otherwise it just may sputter fail.

Every gen 8 system thus far as struggled for the first few months. Only one recovered so far.

It may seem like a drop in the bucket, but the buying decisions of one person does affect others. Whether they realize it or not.

Do you agree or disagree?
#2MrImpatient35Posted 9/16/2013 8:45:16 AM
I get your point. That's why I want the console to do well this November. That's why I attempt to clear up some of the misinformation about the console.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#3lilj812Posted 9/16/2013 8:51:54 AM
But the Xbox one was revealed with a lot of things that made gamers hate it. What if the lack of support is intentional from the gamers because they want to see the console die?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#4MrSpaM111Posted 9/16/2013 8:58:24 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
I get your point. That's why I want the console to do well this November. That's why I attempt to clear up some of the misinformation about the console.

You are probably one of the worst culprits on here for spreading misinformation
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#5maheo30Posted 9/16/2013 9:15:14 AM
I get your point TC, but why would I buy an X1 (that is the system of my choice) when there aren't any games at launch that interest me? I'd just be buying the system for it to sit in the box.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)
#6TBONE_OGPosted 9/16/2013 9:36:36 AM
maheo30 posted...
I get your point TC, but why would I buy an X1 (that is the system of my choice) when there aren't any games at launch that interest me? I'd just be buying the system for it to sit in the box.

This is basically the same as those people who say, "Why should I vote? It's not like my one vote matters" according to what the TC is trying to explain.
---
Always O.G.
#7TBONE_OGPosted 9/16/2013 9:38:35 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

Umm. No. Impatient has done a fine job here on this board with providing helpful/correct info on X1.

You, Mr. Spam, are probably one of the worst culprits on here who point fingers. And probably for trolling, too.
---
Always O.G.
#8CyricsServantPosted 9/16/2013 9:40:12 AM
VioletZer0 posted...
With problems like the RROD, better models, price drops and other goodies that come for late adopters.

And last but certainly not least, the library wasteland of early console lifetime. The early exclusives are always really crappy, look real crappy and always focus on the system's gimmicks in the worst way possible.

. . . Well I'm convinced.

Seriously though, while I appreciate your point, I don't see any reason to buy early when I'm not loyal to any one particular brand . . .even when I'm interested in the hardware. Worst case scenario, a different hardware dev gets all the games and I go with them instead.

. . . I can live with that.
#9roboto_pilotoPosted 9/16/2013 10:58:03 AM
CyricsServant posted...
VioletZer0 posted...
With problems like the RROD, better models, price drops and other goodies that come for late adopters.

And last but certainly not least, the library wasteland of early console lifetime. The early exclusives are always really crappy, look real crappy and always focus on the system's gimmicks in the worst way possible.

. . . Well I'm convinced.

Seriously though, while I appreciate your point, I don't see any reason to buy early when I'm not loyal to any one particular brand . . .even when I'm interested in the hardware. Worst case scenario, a different hardware dev gets all the games and I go with them instead.

. . . I can live with that.

---
"I guess I'm a bad man who tried to be a good father, I don't know. Every man has a right to change." ~ John Marston
#10MrImpatient35Posted 9/16/2013 11:21:19 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

Umm. No. Impatient has done a fine job here on this board with providing helpful/correct info on X1.

You, Mr. Spam, are probably one of the worst culprits on here who point fingers. And probably for trolling, too.

I notice that everything I post is apparently false and full of lies, so I'll try not to post any links anymore. Only when someone aggravates me with their blatantly false info, or I wanna share something. I've seen some BF4 videos lately, but I've lost interest in that game so I didn't post them.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!