LMFAO! Microsoft bans user from XBL for life for posting GTA V spoilers

#121Thewinner14Posted 9/17/2013 8:55:14 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...

Do please explain how MS doing this is illegal when it's THEIR machine, THEIR property. They can LEGALLY do whatever they want with it, and dictate who is banned from continuing to use their machines due to their actions and what not.

What, you think just because you pay money for something, you're allowed to do whatever you want with it?? LMFAO.

it IS NOT their property, a video game console is NOT like a cable/satellite providers box, which comes with the service. It is however MS' service so banning him from online is within their purview, though ToS "contracts" are hardly binding.

when I buy a physical product, I am allowed to do whatever I want to it. First Sale Doctrine. In the EU this now applies to digital goods as well.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#122stalemate_666Posted 9/18/2013 5:58:50 AM
NerdimusPrime posted...
Dude MS isn't breaking any laws, they are enforcing the ToS of XBL. He violated the ToS by playing the game before it was authorized by XBL and he got permabanned for it. If he wasn't such a blatant dumbass by posting proof of it ( complete with his gamertag), it wouldn't have been such a big deal.

First of all what part of the TOS did he break? All I see is the illegitimately attained and MS has no proof of that, getting a game early isn't illegitimate and the third party rights thing doesn't cover their policy. It isn't a big deal period, these videos always come up and frankly if MS doesn't want people playing online before the street date they shouldn't freaking let people log into the online before the street date and what about all the hundreds of thousands of others who were playing it before the street date? I'm not sure how xbl banneds work exactly but it's my understanding that he's locked out of any and all content he bought including his xbl subscription so unless MS gives him a chance to download all his games and refunds him for any outstanding xbl subscription they are essentially stealing from him.

RyuuHou25 posted...
That's your rebuttal? Seriously? Your whole argument just goes out the door with "Why would I even buy one??"

Not because you wouldn't buy one, but because you have completely changed the point of your argument.

Do please explain how MS doing this is illegal when it's THEIR machine, THEIR property. They can LEGALLY do whatever they want with it, and dictate who is banned from continuing to use their machines due to their actions and what not.

What, you think just because you pay money for something, you're allowed to do whatever you want with it?? LMFAO.

None of my argument goes out of the door, you are just grasping at straws because you know I'm right.

It's not their machine it's his machine he bought it, it's their network and it's illegal because they are barring him for stuff he paid for, so like I just said unless they give him a chance to redownload all his games and refund him anything in his online wallet and any of his remaining xbl subscription they are stealing from him. Plain and simple theft.

Yes you are allowed to do whatever you want with something you paid money for as long as it doesn't violate any laws. You are legally allowed to mod your 360 however you want as long as you don't pirate it, it's just the online portion MS has some rights to, but them stealing someones content away for something that isn't even against the TOS, unless you want to really stretch it in which case hundreds of thousands of more should be permabanned, isn't even close to justified.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#123The_DOAMPosted 9/18/2013 6:26:55 AM
XBOT: *Baaa* Microsoft can do no wrong the *Munches Grass* fool deserved his fate all hail Microsoft *Baaa* *Eats more grass fertilized by Microsoft*

Microsoft: That'll do sheep, That'll do...*Pats the sheep on the head*............
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#124NerdimusPrimePosted 9/18/2013 8:06:48 AM
stalemate_666 posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...
Dude MS isn't breaking any laws, they are enforcing the ToS of XBL. He violated the ToS by playing the game before it was authorized by XBL and he got permabanned for it. If he wasn't such a blatant dumbass by posting proof of it ( complete with his gamertag), it wouldn't have been such a big deal.

First of all what part of the TOS did he break?

"Do not play a game before it has been authorized for play on the service" I answered that question if you bothered to look at my post. The ToS says do not play the game before it has been authorized on the service and this moron decided he would do so and provide video proof of him doing so with his GT onscreen. I know if I happened to get a game early I wouldn't have my console online so I could play it, but I score high marks on reading comprehension.

MS service=MS rules. He broke one of those rules and got punished...if you think it's unfair, please feel free to start your own online service and then you can make whatever rules you like.
---
If you value privacy please sign here: https://optin.stopwatching.us/
#125BigAl519Posted 9/18/2013 8:13:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#126NerdimusPrimePosted 9/18/2013 8:16:49 AM
BigAl519 posted...
So many easily offended and pissed off children on these Xbot boards. They spoiled your game, aww cry me a river. MS are just losers for banning them for life over something you crybabies will get over in a week.

Reading comprehension fail. He got banned for playing the game before street date and the only reason he got caught was that he was so gorram stupid that he posted spoiler vids with his GT in them.
---
#127sworderPosted 9/18/2013 8:20:25 AM
I know Im late but LOL at the xbots that think the punishment fit the not actual crime
#128NerdimusPrimePosted 9/18/2013 8:26:11 AM
sworder posted...
I know Im late but LOL at the xbots that think the punishment fit the not actual crime

You must be new here if you think I'm an Xbot. He broke the ToS of XBL and he got banned. I personally think he got exactly what he deserved but quite a few people think it's the worst miscarriage of justice since the O.J. trial. It's quite simple: He agreed to the terms, then violated them and provided undeniable proof of that violation. Of course he got permabanned.
---
#129yazman666Posted 9/18/2013 8:57:34 AM
Price C4eva.!!!!!!
---
Death is hereditary.
Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
#130VeryDarkSoulPosted 9/18/2013 9:09:15 AM
Sounds like corporate tyranny to me. If this can happen to him, this can happen to ANY of us. Funny until it happens to YOU. It's not like he was hacking in a match and bragging about it. Rockstar & M$: Free speech? !@#$ that!
---
Ron Paul 2012