Sony wouldn't do that.
---

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-PtEJEaqY
#142Thewinner14Posted 9/18/2013 11:23:42 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Thewinner14 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Do please explain how MS doing this is illegal when it's THEIR machine, THEIR property. They can LEGALLY do whatever they want with it, and dictate who is banned from continuing to use their machines due to their actions and what not.

What, you think just because you pay money for something, you're allowed to do whatever you want with it?? LMFAO.

it IS NOT their property, a video game console is NOT like a cable/satellite providers box, which comes with the service. It is however MS' service so banning him from online is within their purview, though ToS "contracts" are hardly binding.

when I buy a physical product, I am allowed to do whatever I want to it. First Sale Doctrine. In the EU this now applies to digital goods as well.

Yeah, and if it was really your machine to do whatever you want with, you could open it up, fix whatever, and still have it under warranty. So that is, and always has been, a grey area on you being allowed to do whatever you want to it.

But you're right, I worded that in the wrong way, I should have more directly said it's their service as opposed to the machine itself.

Warranties aren't a grey area. You can do whatever you want to your own property, warranties become void when you "break the seal" because you have assumed their responsibility. All a warranty is is the OEM saying that in case of a defect, they are responsible for its repair. You're more than free to crack open your xb1 and modify it, but you assume the responsibility of repair from the OEM.

Plus most warranties only last a year, and only cover defects. To get more coverage you have to buy it from the retailer or OEM.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#143ILikesCheesePosted 9/18/2013 11:38:14 AM
Pauken posted...
And this is why PC Gaming is superior.

Perhaps yes in some respects, but ABSOLUTELY NOT in others. Namely anything that is multi-player and not a MMO. WAY too easy to be hacked with no policing whatsoever.

-
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#144Thewinner14Posted 9/18/2013 11:57:26 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Pauken posted...
And this is why PC Gaming is superior.

Perhaps yes in some respects, but ABSOLUTELY NOT in others. Namely anything that is multi-player and not a MMO. WAY too easy to be hacked with no policing whatsoever.

-

Not so much anymore. Unless you're playing older games.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#145Charging_ZebraPosted 9/18/2013 1:07:39 PM
God Microsoft, way to overreact.
#146NewMoonShadowPosted 9/18/2013 1:55:42 PM(edited)
I sincerely doubt this was something Microsoft chose to do on their own. Plenty of people have gotten copies of other games early and played them online. Hell when people got copies of "Rock Band 2" early, Harmonix actually started up online challenges a week before launch for people who already owned the game, and Microsoft had no objections to it.

If anybody is to blame for this, it's probably Rockstar, or their parent company.

And yes, if it was Microsoft's call, or even if they simply agreed to do it at someone else's request, it is bulls***, whether it's legal or not. Actively treating your paying customers like criminals for the smallest reason is terrible PR... but then, this is Microsoft we're talking about here. Terrible PR is what they do, these days.
#147paulo_yamatoPosted 9/20/2013 7:42:55 AM
two questions.

1. Did the XBL user who uploaded the Vine get any type of financial compensation for his upload?
2. Is he going to have any b**** and actually fight his banning from XBL?
---
my gimmick: I'm a Libertarian that wants to convert all the mods. Will I succeed? will Hillary C. buy them off first? Let us find out!
#148stalemate_666Posted 9/20/2013 3:32:20 PM
NerdimusPrime posted...
stalemate_666 posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...
Dude MS isn't breaking any laws, they are enforcing the ToS of XBL. He violated the ToS by playing the game before it was authorized by XBL and he got permabanned for it. If he wasn't such a blatant dumbass by posting proof of it ( complete with his gamertag), it wouldn't have been such a big deal.

First of all what part of the TOS did he break?

"Do not play a game before it has been authorized for play on the service" I answered that question if you bothered to look at my post. The ToS says do not play the game before it has been authorized on the service and this moron decided he would do so and provide video proof of him doing so with his GT onscreen. I know if I happened to get a game early I wouldn't have my console online so I could play it, but I score high marks on reading comprehension.

MS service=MS rules. He broke one of those rules and got punished...if you think it's unfair, please feel free to start your own online service and then you can make whatever rules you like.

So why didn't MS permaban everyone who logged in with any game before street day and why does MS let people log in before the street date for that matter? Here's a hint because it's not the reasl reason they banned him
---
psn: Stalemate666
#149ILikesCheesePosted 9/21/2013 11:31:25 AM
NewMoonShadow posted...
I sincerely doubt this was something Microsoft chose to do on their own.

This issue was ENTIRELY a Microsoft thing.

-
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?