GameStop manger says lawsuits could happen for stores....

#1MrZonePosted 9/16/2013 2:50:43 PM
For those stores that sell units to the general public before fufiling the preorders first. He also says that they are required to give those guaranteed preorders 48 hours to pick up their units or the preorder is no longer guaranteed.

This particular store manager basically says know your consumer rights and if any store does what is not printed on the receipt, call corporate.

I had a Best Buy manager say similar things to me last week as well.
#2ItIsOkBroPosted 9/16/2013 2:53:06 PM
Well duh.
---
I'm wrong for the right.
#3RyuuHou25Posted 9/16/2013 3:05:39 PM
Yeah, but most people won't go through all that trouble. They might call corporate, they're more likely to just b**** out whoever they talk to at the time they go in and raise a fuss. And even if they call corporate, they'd have to prove the store did it, they'd have to do an investigation, and still wait regardless.

They might get some free games out of the whole debacle. Or store credit.

Meanwhile, it costs money to file lawsuits and go to court and prove this and that and everything. Takes a lot of time too.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#4chareyPosted 9/16/2013 3:48:42 PM
It can happen, the store broke contract(pre-order) by not fulfilling their side of the deal(guaranteed copy before the public.) That said the time and money it would take to sue the store over it would be way more then you get out of the law suit.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart
#5motoraptorPosted 9/16/2013 3:59:46 PM
Well the 48 hour thing is true, your $50 or $100 doesn't guarantee you the sale of an Xbox One for the rest of your life, there are other people who want it too.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#6CasualGamersPosted 9/16/2013 5:11:43 PM
charey posted...
That said the time and money it would take to sue the store over it would be way more then you get out of the law suit.

Not necessarily true.
#7Orange_ApplesPosted 9/16/2013 5:21:23 PM
charey posted...
It can happen, the store broke contract(pre-order) by not fulfilling their side of the deal(guaranteed copy before the public.) That said the time and money it would take to sue the store over it would be way more then you get out of the law suit.

on an individual basis yes, however if there is a law office willing to do it I bet a lot of people could potentially be part of a class action lawsuit. I mean, all the investigation would have to find is how many units did each store receive and how many pre-orders were filled within those 48 hours.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#8FinzFan4lifePosted 9/16/2013 11:03:48 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
charey posted...

on an individual basis yes, however if there is a law office willing to do it I bet a lot of people could potentially be part of a class action lawsuit. I mean, all the investigation would have to find is how many units did each store receive and how many pre-orders were filled within those 48 hours.

Not only that but they might end up having to pay legal fees
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#9xninjagrrlPosted 9/17/2013 4:28:02 AM
And how exactly would you be able to prove any of this? Unless the manager is going to turn himself in.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#10FinzFan4lifePosted 9/17/2013 3:31:08 PM
xninjagrrl posted...
And how exactly would you be able to prove any of this? Unless the manager is going to turn himself in.

Umm let me see I don't have my pre-order a day after its released and they don't have any more and my name is still on the pre-ordered list.

Common sense not so common I see.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012