How do you feel about the Xbox One being a more difficult system to work on?

#21shawntew9935Posted 9/16/2013 7:27:27 PM
VioletZer0 posted...
Ironcondorz posted...
It's basically the same setup as the 360. So while it is harder to develop for, most developers are already familiar with the setup.

That's...odd then. Why are developers who have frequently worked on the Xbox 360 (Like that guy from People Can Fly) saying the PS4 is 50% more powerful.

Maybe I spoke too soon.

The power difference has no bearing on the ease of programming. And I doubt the difference in ease of programming is near as drastic as between the 360 and ps3.
---
GT SuaveCorpsey
#22pblimp360Posted 9/16/2013 7:34:33 PM
DelRowe posted...
Okay you said they were biased. Not quite fanboy, but you still think they have an unreasonable preference towards the PS4 for some reason. I'm curious as to why you think this. Do you think they have some agenda against MS or something?

I think the guy above hit it on the head in that they held MS' early policies against them. I can't completely fault them for it, but still.

And Metroid...SHHH!!
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#23XBOXvsPCPosted 9/16/2013 7:41:40 PM
pblimp360 posted...
DelRowe posted...
Edge isn't biased. Just like they are calling the PS4 the best system this gen, they also endorsed the original Xbox, and then the Wii for the next gen.

Edge is biased. You don't make a cover like this...

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/27/618x819/gaming-edgemagazine-ps3.jpg

Otherwise. You seriously citing them backing the old ass original Xbox? Come now.

Let them believe in that article...It's all they got
#24mrpicPosted 9/16/2013 7:44:47 PM
the opinions like "its harder to develop for"may well be true but to give you a comparison

ps3 was probably 30% harder to develop for vs 360

and ps4 is probably 5% easier to develop for vs one

Basically the systems are very similar to develop games for so games will have extremely minor differences at worst.
#25sworderPosted 9/16/2013 8:32:27 PM
VioletZer0 posted...
Well, the PS4 board is for discussing the PS4. Xbox One board is for discussing the Xbox One and PS4.

lol this is exactly why I visit this board

can discuss both
#26Draconas_LyrrPosted 9/16/2013 8:37:56 PM
mrpic posted...
the opinions like "its harder to develop for"may well be true but to give you a comparison

Basically the systems are very similar to develop games for so games will have extremely minor differences at worst.

I like how everyone, on both sides, keep pulling statistics out of, "The Big Book of Made-Up Statistics, Numbers, and Facts!"
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Difference between "a" and "an": "a" comes before consonant sounds, "an" before vowel sounds.
#27assassin10133Posted 9/16/2013 8:43:28 PM
mrpic posted...

Ya, I was under the impression the difficulty/ease of developing on the XB1 was on par with the X360 as they use similar memory setups, difference this gen being the PS4 is even easier yet to develop for. The edge article also states the XB1 drivers (and I think API as well?) are not mature and lag far behind Sony which would also make quite a big performance difference in PS4s favour right now, seems a lot of people overlook this. Future updates should close the performance gap some more, part of the reason I think while the PS4 is more powerful, it's not 50% more powerful.

Also, with the PS4 being easier to develop on (which I don't like since XB1 multiplats may end up running worse) shouldn't we be seeing PS4 games looking better early on with again XB1 games closing the gap later in the generation as devs learn how to extract the power of it better? I find it odd that hasn't really been the case from what's been shown so far, especially with launch window games having less time to optimize than they normally would take.
#28WM_PMCPosted 9/16/2013 11:27:47 PM
mrpic posted...

Good job pulling random number out of your ass. You have literally nothing to back up either of those claims lol.
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#29Ramsus082Posted 9/17/2013 9:33:38 AM
Here's some links for those tired of made up statistics:

"Whether or not the eSRAM achieves this goal remains to be seen, as there are various reports around the web saying it does, and various other reports directly contradicting those claims. If anything is for certain regarding the eSRAM, however, itís that itíll be more difficult for developers to utilize than if they only had regular RAM to work with."

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/162977-xbox-one-gpu-gets-modest-boost-in-power-to-combat-ps4-supremacy-microsoft-confirms

When it comes to the memory bandwidth, the Xbox One has 68GB/sec of main memory (8GB DDR3) bandwidth, 102GB/sec of bandwidth to the embedded SRAM (32MB), with the last 30GB/sec probably between the CPU and GPU, or perhaps between the CPU and peripherals (gamepads, Kinect, cable TV). This is a much more complicated setup than the PS4, which just has 176GB/sec of unified main memory (8GB GDDR5) bandwidth, usable by both the GPU and CPU. The real-world difference will probably be minor ó though I would say that the PS4 probably has the edge, as developers donít need to pay special heed to the Xbox Oneís fast-but-small SRAM.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/156467-xbox-one-hardware-and-software-specs-detailed-and-analyzed
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#30PsychoGatesPosted 9/17/2013 9:38:35 AM
I really dont understand how X1 will be that much harder to develop for since its the exact same setup game developers have been using this gen for the past decade with the 360...