Microsoft's trade up program is ALMOST THERE

#1Foxx3kPosted 9/16/2013 4:59:38 PM
$70 for digital versions of both XBox360 and XBox One Call of Duty Ghost.

That's great!

Except I don't want a digital Xbox 360 game. I want a disc Xbox 360 game. And I want a digital Xbox One game.

90% of the way there, Microsoft, I'm sure you can bring this home. Just copy what Sony is doing with the pack in $10 digital codes on retail discs.

Stop trying to push us away from your ecosystem, Microsoft!

But the most promising thing about this news, I think, is that the $70 digital codes will be sold at retail. I wonder what this means for the XBox One. If it means that digital codes will be sold at retail stores - and possibly priced competitively, I can hope I can hope I can hope - then that's a major deal-maker and a huge benefit to the XBox One.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#2Orange_ApplesPosted 9/16/2013 5:06:19 PM
but you can take some of these games to Gamestop to do the trade up...
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#3Foxx3k(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 5:07:57 PM(edited)
Orange_Apples posted...
but you can take some of these games to Gamestop to do the trade up...

Thereby losing the current gen version of the game... and getting a disc copy of the next gen version.

Keep up, now.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#4ElPolloDiablo87Posted 9/16/2013 5:13:37 PM
They're not going to give you a physical copy of the 360 version and a digital version of the X1 version for $70 just so you can turn around and sell the 360 version for $30.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#5DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/16/2013 5:14:46 PM
I don't get it. What is the point of buying both versions of the game? If you have an Xbox One copy, what would compel someone to want an Xbox 360 version which has inferior graphics and Peer to Peer servers...

The only benefit I could see is if this meant that you owned two copies you can play simultaneously. But since its digital, you know its tied to the account so its not possible for two people to be able to play something like CoD online even if they have two copies of the digital game...
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#6ElPolloDiablo87Posted 9/16/2013 5:16:23 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
I don't get it. What is the point of buying both versions of the game? If you have an Xbox One copy, what would compel someone to want an Xbox 360 version which has inferior graphics and Peer to Peer servers...

The only benefit I could see is if this meant that you owned two copies you can play simultaneously. But since its digital, you know its tied to the account so its not possible for two people to be able to play something like CoD online even if they have two copies of the digital game...

The game comes out on the 5th. This basically lets you play the 360 version for the 2.5 weeks between the 5th and the 22nd for $10.
---
#7Foxx3k(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 5:18:12 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
They're not going to give you a physical copy of the 360 version and a digital version of the X1 version for $70 just so you can turn around and sell the 360 version for $30.

Funny, that's how the PS3/PS4 transition is working.

DesperateMonkey posted...

For multiplayer centric games like Ghosts and BF4? Maybe not all my friends are upgrading right away, but half of them are. And for an additional $10, if I have the ability to, why would I not want to have it available on both?

Or time. Maybe it's worth it for me to pay $10 (ea.) to play Ghosts and BF4 for a couple weeks before the Xbox One launches.
---
#8ElPolloDiablo87Posted 9/16/2013 5:22:48 PM
Foxx3k posted...

No, on PS4 you pay $10 to upgrade, meaning you turn in your ps3 copy, pay $10, and get a ps4 copy. You don't keep the ps3 copy. This deal for 360 is giving you the digital version of both games for $70.
---
#9Foxx3k(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 5:24:09 PM
Foxx3k posted...

No, on PS4 you pay $10 to upgrade, meaning you turn in your ps3 copy, pay $10, and get a ps4 copy. You don't keep the ps3 copy. This deal for 360 is giving you the digital version of both games for $70.

For a limited time, every new physical copy of Call of Duty: Ghosts for PS3 will include a flyer with a unique Sony code on it. Redeem the code packed into the PlayStation 3 version of the game on the PlayStation Store and download the PlayStation 4 version of the game for a suggested retail price of $10, €10 or £10 depending on territory.

“Inside marked copies of Battlefield 4 for PlayStation®3 there will be a voucher with a unique code printed on it. This code will allow you the one-time opportunity until March 28, 2014 to purchase a digital version of Battlefield 4 via the PlayStation®Store for only $9.99/£9.99/9.99€. Check back here soon for more details.”

You were saying?
---
#10BudWisenheimerPosted 9/16/2013 5:47:37 PM
Foxx3k posted...
You were saying?

I really like Sony. But unless I'm missing something that makes them look really ****ing dumb. On the other hand they are creating a nice incentive to buy their console during the launch window. Sort of like a convoluted coupon.