Microsoft's trade up program is ALMOST THERE

#11sworderPosted 9/16/2013 6:48:31 PM
Foxx3k posted...
For multiplayer centric games like Ghosts and BF4? Maybe not all my friends are upgrading right away, but half of them are. And for an additional $10, if I have the ability to, why would I not want to have it available on both?

Because with one version you can play people on both consoles
#12DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/16/2013 7:14:15 PM
Oh so this is just something temporary to ease people who are transitioning and can't stand waiting another week for their games... I thought this was going to be some long term new feature. Outside of people who can't wait, this feature sounds pretty useless.

"Pay $10 and you can now play inferior versions of your games whenever you want!"
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#13Foxx3k(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 7:16:05 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Oh so this is just something temporary to ease people who are transitioning and can't stand waiting another week for their games... I thought this was going to be some long term new feature. Outside of people who can't wait, this feature sounds pretty useless.

"Pay $10 and you can now play inferior versions of your games whenever you want!"

"Pay an extra $10 and you can play games with all your cheap friends who refuse to upgrade AND on your brand new next gen system!"
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#14DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/16/2013 8:29:20 PM
Eeeewwwwwww.... the poor... I'd pay $10 just to not play with them.

(j/k poor people, I wouldn't waste my money like that!")
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#15NeoAndurilPosted 9/16/2013 8:31:13 PM
Foxx3k posted...
For a limited time, every new physical copy of Call of Duty: Ghosts for PS3 will include a flyer with a unique Sony code on it. Redeem the code packed into the PlayStation 3 version of the game on the PlayStation Store and download the PlayStation 4 version of the game for a suggested retail price of $10, €10 or £10 depending on territory.

“Inside marked copies of Battlefield 4 for PlayStation®3 there will be a voucher with a unique code printed on it. This code will allow you the one-time opportunity until March 28, 2014 to purchase a digital version of Battlefield 4 via the PlayStation®Store for only $9.99/£9.99/9.99€. Check back here soon for more details.”

You were saying?

oh snap chicken devil. I want to see you weasel out of this.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#16TenthPosted 9/16/2013 8:43:02 PM
Rationalize it all you want... but this is how the next gens game prices will go up. It's a test...

"How many people can we convince to ultimately paying $70 in the end, for one copy?"

Everywhere I'm reading says your physical copy of the game goes bye-bye, along with $10, in exchange for an XB1 copy.

You know that $70 will be the gradual price point if this pans out for the big 3: Ubisoft, EA, Activision.
#17_Sovereign_Posted 9/17/2013 7:54:07 AM
Or you could pay $60 for one version of the game on the console you want it on....
---
"Microsoft demands simultaneous multiplatform releases" - Type that into your search bar and you'll see why you should buy Rayman on Wii U, not ports.
#18tuks81Posted 9/17/2013 8:02:47 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
They're not going to give you a physical copy of the 360 version and a digital version of the X1 version for $70 just so you can turn around and sell the 360 version for $30.

Funny, that's how the PS3/PS4 transition is working.

No, on PS4 you pay $10 to upgrade, meaning you turn in your ps3 copy, pay $10, and get a ps4 copy. You don't keep the ps3 copy. This deal for 360 is giving you the digital version of both games for $70.

PlayStation® Next Gen Upgrade Offers

Upgrade on PlayStation for just $10

The PlayStation upgrade program is completely optional for our fans, and applies whether you buy a new PS3 disc, or buy the game digitally from the PSN Store for PS3.

For a limited time, every new physical copy of Call of Duty: Ghosts for PS3 will include a flyer with a unique Sony code on it. Redeem the code packed into the PlayStation 3 version of the game on the PlayStation Store and download the PlayStation 4 version of the game for a suggested retail price of $10, €10 or £10 depending on territory.

Alternatively, if you buy the digital PS3 version of Call of Duty: Ghosts from the PSN Store, you will also be given the opportunity to upgrade to the PS4 version. Simply go to the PSN store and purchase the discounted PS4 version for a suggested retail price of $10, €10 or £10 depending on territory. You will then be able to enjoy the PS3 version on your PS3, and the PS4 version on you PS4.

These offers must be redeemed, and upgrades purchased, no later than March 31st, 2014; offers available globally. More details about these programs will be coming soon.

Other Retail Options to Upgrade to PlayStation 4

I think sony have a better deal
#19BudWisenheimerPosted 9/20/2013 1:42:54 PM(edited)
BudWisenheimer posted...
Foxx3k posted...
You were saying?

I really like Sony. But unless I'm missing something that makes them look really ****ing dumb. On the other hand they are creating a nice incentive to buy their console during the launch window. Sort of like a convoluted coupon.

Ah! I knew Sony couldn't be that ****ing dumb:

"Sony wants to ensure you don’t then sell on your copy of the PS3 game, so in order to play the PS4 version you must have the PS3 game inserted into the console. So Sony has implemented some kind of verification check on the PS3 discs to make sure the upgrade was legit and you own the PS3 game."

http://www.geek.com/games/sony-requires-ps3-disc-be-inserted-to-play-ps4-digital-upgrade-games-1571317/