Why does the Xbone has a power brick?

#21georgewduff1Posted 9/16/2013 9:49:47 PM
Whats is the most Funny....

Ford using a Sony car radio and Miscrosoft sync...
---
XboxOne and my gaming addiction are perfect match :)
#22Draconas_LyrrPosted 9/16/2013 10:40:33 PM
georgewduff1 posted...
Whats is the most Funny....

Ford using a Sony car radio and Miscrosoft sync...

Well, it is Ford you're talking about...
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Difference between "a" and "an": "a" comes before consonant sounds, "an" before vowel sounds.
#23Pixx0Posted 9/17/2013 2:06:48 AM
chogiebear posted...
Overheating issues. If the whole system overheats, together with the power brick inside, you'll have a nice little BBQ grill.

because external psu certainly stopped the 360 having RRODs again and again until...the 4th or 5th model (basically the jasper one, which still RROD, just not as much).

How about we all agree MS has no idea about how to build a reliable console?

else, there's this

http://kotaku.com/build-your-own-xbox-one-case-with-these-chinese-parts-1329757338

Now you can have a Xbone, with no kinect and real powerful hardware inside (PC parts)!

(teasin, while it's actually doable, it's very tricky...but doable. Check how the X51 is made inside)
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#24BrownGottiPosted 9/17/2013 3:01:21 AM
ejay8320 posted...
BrownGotti posted...
Why? The same reason laptops have power bricks.

Mac books(Pro/Air) would like to have a word with you...

As for design, like MS should be superior in the software side Sony should be superior in the hardware size. Despite the smaller size and higher tech the PS4 actually runs cooler than the PS3.

A brick is a brick my friend.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC747LL/A/apple-45w-magsafe-power-adapter-for-macbook-air
#25Teh_Solaire(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 3:56:09 AM
georgewduff1 posted...
As to say that Sony is better in hardware...Based on what...
Audio receiver are low quality
Radio for car are cheap made
Smartphones are just ok
TV are ok
Portable PC are low to medium

And its not all OEM part that are in their product...Other and many electronic manufacturer makes better product than Sony...including Microsoft...

If Sony is so crappy at hardware then how were they able to make their console smaller, more powerful, and build in the PSU? >_>

The original Xbox was about the same size as the Xbone, and it had the PSU built in.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mcrpX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kABbe4C.gif
#26_Sovereign_Posted 9/17/2013 7:45:37 AM
youngskillz posted...
power bricks are stupid, as big as the xbone is an it still has a power brick.

nintendo also fails in this catagory.

sony seems to always do things better.

I fail to see how this even matters in the slightest bit. Another case of trivialities being presented as something of importance. What's next?
---
"Microsoft demands simultaneous multiplatform releases" - Type that into your search bar and you'll see why you should buy Rayman on Wii U, not ports.
#27omega1110Posted 9/17/2013 8:00:58 AM
I actually like having the external brick, it has its inconveniences for sure, but if the thing every goes out its simple to replace. My opinion formed back in the day when I had a PS1 where the board that cord plugged into went out. Had to open up the console go find a place that sold it online and replace the board. I will say how often do you move your console is not a good argument, my friends and I all owned different systems and would always bring our consoles to each others house, so some of us do move our consoles on a regular basis. Still don't find the power brick an issue, by the time I have my games, the console, and controls all packed up adding on more thing isn't a big deal to me.
---
" I thought you were going to fight alone; I
said come alone...I didn't say anything about me." G.O.B.
#28chogiebearPosted 9/17/2013 8:01:12 AM
Pixx0 posted...
chogiebear posted...
Overheating issues. If the whole system overheats, together with the power brick inside, you'll have a nice little BBQ grill.

because external psu certainly stopped the 360 having RRODs again and again until...the 4th or 5th model (basically the jasper one, which still RROD, just not as much).

How about we all agree MS has no idea about how to build a reliable console?

else, there's this

http://kotaku.com/build-your-own-xbox-one-case-with-these-chinese-parts-1329757338

Now you can have a Xbone, with no kinect and real powerful hardware inside (PC parts)!

(teasin, while it's actually doable, it's very tricky...but doable. Check how the X51 is made inside)

It's really great if the Xbone is fully customizable. But one things for certain, you mess with the Xbone, the warranty's voided.
#29chogiebearPosted 9/17/2013 8:03:05 AM
ORANGE666 posted...
chogiebear posted...

So having heat outside the system going in is better than having inside in a controlled environment where it can be blown out? The heat can come into the system in any direction when the PSU is outside, the fan only blows one way.

Having the PSU pull in air from inside then blowing it outside will help the system remain cool. A lot of people are mistaking thinking the PSU in the PS4 will be pulling air in from outside and blowing it into the system. That won't be the case

That's why the brick is outside instead of an internal PSU. They will remove internal heat as much as possible to prevent overheating.
#30Ryan-06Posted 9/17/2013 8:10:13 AM(edited)
unclekoolaid73 posted...
LiQuiDsWorDs56 posted...
Who ever designed the system sucks. The PS4 is A LOT smaller with a built in PSU. Goes to show where the quality is.

And it begins.

ROUND 1...FIGHT!!!!

Shao Khan loves this board. So much Kombat.. .

OT-
PS4 - "Greatness Awaits"
x_x - "Overheat Awaits"

Don't be surprised in 2014 if you hear a ton of reports of crashes and complaints from customers calling MS and demanding replacements. the 360 fail rate peaked at nearly 60% in 2009. Unacceptable.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/08/17/report-xbox-360-failure-rate-reaches-54
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada. US sucks =(