Anyone considering getting the system and a Windows Phone?

#1Chrome76Posted 9/16/2013 9:34:56 PM
I am getting the system eventually but with possible exclusive content for Windows phone users I am wondering if there are enough exclusives for Windows phone's to warrant a purchase or enough benefits for Xbox gamers.

I am nearing contract renewal and I know Android/IOS has Xbox Smartglass but I am still questioning things. I figure if I don't get a Windows Phone I will wait for my next renewal to see if there is any exclusive X1 content for Windows Phone users.
#2TheApd_ReturnsPosted 9/16/2013 9:37:26 PM(edited)
Not really. Smart Glass/XBL integration semi-baked into the OS, but all considered, I don't really use it that much and it really isn't anything that can't be replicated on Android or iOS.

About the only advantage is Achievements, but the games library is very spotty.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Lumia 920 + WP8 are good, but really just aren't worth taking over Andoid, gamer or not
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF3 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#3FinzFan4lifePosted 9/16/2013 10:51:49 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
Not really. Smart Glass/XBL integration semi-baked into the OS, but all considered, I don't really use it that much and it really isn't anything that can't be replicated on Android or iOS.

About the only advantage is Achievements, but the games library is very spotty.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Lumia 920 + WP8 are good, but really just aren't worth taking over Andoid, gamer or not

It's not going to be the same on xb1 and android sucks
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#4Foxx3kPosted 9/16/2013 10:55:56 PM
You couldn't pay me to take a Windows Phone right now. Maybe in a few years.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#5Donuts_R_GoodPosted 9/16/2013 11:15:36 PM
I actually jumped off the iPhone train and onto the Windows Phone wagon a few days ago.

It's a very cool phone, and windows 8 is great when applied to a touch screen.

Plus, getting achievements and gamerscore on the go is ****ing awesome.

Only problem is the lack of support for the system from third parties. The app store is nowhere near as large as iOS and Android.

Overall I'd say go for it, I don't regret it ^.^
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#6Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/16/2013 11:27:42 PM
I have WP. In desperate need of an upgrade(7.5), but I like it.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#7_Sovereign_Posted 9/17/2013 7:47:47 AM
No TC, I want hardware that's actually going to work.
---
"Microsoft demands simultaneous multiplatform releases" - Type that into your search bar and you'll see why you should buy Rayman on Wii U, not ports.
#8krillin4553Posted 9/18/2013 9:40:44 AM
I have all the mobile os'es. Windows Phone is by far my favorite. My 3gs is on ios 6 and its only nice for the app store. I have a Nexus 7 as well, its awesome. Very customizable and has a fantastic app store as well. But Windows Phone's layout is just much more intuitive and runs smooth. While having a much smaller app store, third parties are going a great job giving us anything major on the other os'es. And besides, the camera on my 1020 is fantastic and even my 920 was pretty good as well. That and my Lumia's have never broke. Nor my old HTC Surround at that.
---
XBL/PSN: DocDrazen
PC: i7-3770k at 4.6 ghz, Corsair H60, Intel 180 GB SSD, GTX 550 Ti, GTX 260 for PhysX, 16 GB G. Skill Ripjaws
#9Masterchief5525Posted 9/18/2013 9:41:25 AM
I've had a Windows Phone since it was originally released... so yea. Loving my Nokia Lumia 1020.