Ryse runs at native 900p

#31AceJamsPosted 9/17/2013 9:16:27 AM
Bummer, guess the PS4 will also suffer multiplats not as good as they can be because of the XBONE. Video said developers will have to make games for the lowest common denominator, or the XBONE.
#32supermoc10(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 9:41:34 AM
AceJams posted...
Bummer, guess the PS4 will also suffer multiplats not as good as they can be because of the XBONE. Video said developers will have to make games for the lowest common denominator, or the XBONE.

Wrong. Both consoles have PC architectures. Multiplats will most likely use the PC as lead and then optimize for each platform respectively. And if a console is lead, then devs will choose PS4 as it's easier to develop for.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#33straymatterPosted 9/17/2013 10:10:14 AM
Keep in mind Ryse has insanely high polygon counts, higher than Killzone for PS4...
#34supermoc10(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 11:48:38 AM
straymatter posted...
Keep in mind Ryse has insanely high polygon counts, higher than Killzone for PS4...

Proof?

Also, Killzone has A LOT more going on in both SP and MP.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#35straymatterPosted 9/17/2013 12:47:01 PM
You are right, I don't really know how many polygons there are at any given time and comparisons are probably not doing anything justice. but the Ryse Characters have a great complexity, it is designed so you play the cutscene, throughout the game the same rig is used so you can zoom in anytime and have cutscene quality. The character rigs are universal. There are also deforming joints, and eight skinning influences per character. The structures are very complex and the polygons levels are very high, especially when zoomed in. This is all from the original technical presentation. Sure there is more out there.
#36StrongBlackVinePosted 9/17/2013 12:48:45 PM
Foxx3k posted...
I generally find it unacceptable that all next gen titles are not running at 1080p60. This applies everywhere. Sony. Microsoft. Nintendo.

In fact, praise Nintendo for making that standard on their first party titles. They're the only ones getting next-gen right.

It's not about particles and motion blur and depth of field. Get the resolution and frame rate right first (and field of view and input latency) and THEN start adding all your stupid post processing effects.

All Nintendo first party games will not run 1080p/60fps.
#37godplaysSNESPosted 9/17/2013 4:14:56 PM(edited)
CyDetrakD posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Resolution doesn't matter.

If you think it does, you're playing video games for the wrong reason.

Resolution matters if it is on any system toted as next gen and costs more than 300 dollars. There are WiiU and Ps3 games that are native 1080p for crying out loud.

And for crying out loud, none of the games that are native 1080p on any of the current consoles are even as remotely impressive as Ryse

Resolution is but one aspect. If Ryse was running at 1080p instead, its actual graphics would have to take a hit instead.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#38josuna123Posted 9/17/2013 4:16:41 PM
Bump
#39BS_InfinitePosted 9/17/2013 4:22:51 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
Found a reassurance twitter post straight from MS. lol

http://i.cubeupload.com/cJuPNi.png

"But xbox one upscales... They all look amazing!" upscale FTW. True next gen there.

I don't get the tech jargon. So it is 1080p?
---
--
-
#40Ryan-06Posted 9/18/2013 9:16:28 AM
BS_Infinite posted...
Ryan-06 posted...
Found a reassurance twitter post straight from MS. lol

http://i.cubeupload.com/cJuPNi.png

"But xbox one upscales... They all look amazing!" upscale FTW. True next gen there.

I don't get the tech jargon. So it is 1080p?

Huh? it's a simple and old feature used in last gen.
The native resolution of Ryse is 900. But the console can upscale to something higher to match the TV or monitor. But native res is more important for clarity. Upscaling can only do so much.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada. US sucks =(