Ryse is 900p, Killer Instinct is 720p, and DR3 has a "dynamic" resolution.

#171Sin_Angelus_Posted 11/18/2013 11:25:23 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
Why is KI even 720?? It's a simpler looking game with smaller maps compared to huge games like BF4 or Forza, yet they don't make it 1080?

Damn Double Helix is such a garbage developer.

Not as garbage as the reviews PS4 exclusives are getting. All the resolution in the world couldn't keep Killzone and Knack from sucking.
#172CyborgTwentyPosted 11/19/2013 5:53:21 AM
Next gen has arrived lol.
#173Ryan-06Posted 11/19/2013 3:11:20 PM(edited)
lmao. they mad. Just wait for the xbone reviews.

Also I was asking a legit question, but those guys are so buttmad they can't get over the situation. So if anyone can give a honest answer. I'd appreciate it. thanks.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
http://i.minus.com/is8qElkJbGXle.gif
#174Exodus_PrimePosted 11/19/2013 3:12:23 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
lmao. they mad. Just wait for the xbone reviews.

Also I was asking a legit question, but those guys are so buttmad they can't get over the situation. So if anyone can give a honest answer. I'd appreciate it. thanks.

I would be mad and post hate on this board if this happened to me too :-(

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/707/6197/original.jpg
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#175Joey-ZazaPosted 11/19/2013 3:16:19 PM
Did you really just say butt-mad?
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#176Sin_Angelus_Posted 11/19/2013 10:22:00 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
lmao. they mad.

Nah not really. At least, not nearly as mad as Ponies still trolling these boards, posting in 2 month old topics and looking pathetic instead of playing their PS4 games. Oh wait that's right, PS4 had a terrible launch, shoddy hardware made by college interns, and like 1 decent exclusive. Carry on with your trolling and reassurance topics if it makes you feel better guys.

Ryan-06 posted...

Honest answer? I'm sure your true intention was trolling but I'll humor you anyway. First of all, it's not really that big of a deal. The games look fine and it's understandable that launch titles are going to take some hits. Gameplay is more important anyway, and all 3 games look great in that department. Dead Rising has an insane amount of action going on at once (more than any other launch game for either system), Killer Instinct is a downloadable title, and there's PS4 games in 900p like Ryse. So if you're pointing this out in some sad attempt to prove PS4 games are superior you're not doing a good job of it. Plenty of other X1 games in 1080p/60fps prove it's less of a system issue and more of a time issue.

Joey-Zaza posted...
Did you really just say butt-mad?

That's what happens when people troll that much, they start sputtering half-assed insults and infantile nonsense, even moreso than before.
#177ATARIJAWAPosted 11/20/2013 12:40:55 AM
Ryan-06 posted...
IIRC Dice already said BF4 is 720p 60 on consoles.

No, cause it runs in 900p on the ps4. It has no anti-aliasing though and looks like crap.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#178archibald3Posted 11/20/2013 12:46:43 AM
If you guys really care and want to educate yourselves about all this resolution gate stuff read this blurb from an in depth Digital Foundry article :

By Richard Leadbetter Published Saturday, 5 October 2013

Digital Foundry: With the recent disclosure that Ryse is running at "900p" and Killer Instinct at 720p, and that launch titles were profiled to balance the system, what are the limiting factors that prevent these tiles running at full 1080p?

Andrew Goossen: We've chosen to let title developers make the trade-off of resolution vs. per-pixel quality in whatever way is most appropriate to their game content. A lower resolution generally means that there can be more quality per pixel. With a high-quality scaler and antialiasing and render resolutions such as 720p or '900p', some games look better with more GPU processing going to each pixel than to the number of pixels; others look better at 1080p with less GPU processing per pixel. We built Xbox One with a higher quality scaler than on Xbox 360, and added an additional display plane, to provide more freedom to developers in this area. This matter of choice was a lesson we learned from Xbox 360 where at launch we had a Technical Certification Requirement mandate that all titles had to be 720p or better with at least 2x anti-aliasing - and we later ended up eliminating that TCR as we found it was ultimately better to allow developers to make the resolution decision themselves. Game developers are naturally incented to make the highest-quality visuals possible and so will choose the most appropriate trade-off between quality of each pixel vs. number of pixels for their games.

One thing to keep in mind when looking at comparative game resolutions is that currently the Xbox One has a conservative 10 per cent time-sliced reservation on the GPU for system processing. This is used both for the GPGPU processing for Kinect and for the rendering of concurrent system content such as snap mode. The current reservation provides strong isolation between the title and the system and simplifies game development (strong isolation means that the system workloads, which are variable, won't perturb the performance of the game rendering). In the future, we plan to open up more options to developers to access this GPU reservation time while maintaining full system functionality.

To facilitate this, in addition to asynchronous compute queues, the Xbox One hardware supports two concurrent render pipes. The two render pipes can allow the hardware to render title content at high priority while concurrently rendering system content at low priority. The GPU hardware scheduler is designed to maximise throughput and automatically fills "holes" in the high-priority processing. This can allow the system rendering to make use of the ROPs for fill, for example, while the title is simultaneously doing synchronous compute operations on the Compute Units.
#179ThePCElitistPosted 11/20/2013 1:43:03 AM
Porunga posted...
They are going for graphics detail, effects, and objects on screen rather than resolution. I don't fault them, resolution doesn't mean **** if you don't have the graphics to back it up.

wtf are you talking about? A 1920x1080 resolution can make any game look better even with lesser visuals to pair with it. Also, in this day and age if a piece of hardware such as a console can't do 1920x1080 at 60 FPS then it is inferior junk. It's unacceptable to have such low standards in 2013 when PC's have been doing this for the past 8 YEARS.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#180cm2xPosted 11/20/2013 1:49:12 AM
futurefail.

game can be good on launch, but the long run ( with big multiplat ) Xbox will always be 2nd ( and 3rd when Steam machines come )