New debate! Blackbustercritic vs MS Fan who supports KI's busisness model.

#6182xenoPosted 9/17/2013 5:19:17 PM
catzrul2002 posted...
Why can some not grasp that you NEED Gold to play this game.

Until further notice, the game is online only at launch, with no confirmation of when any single player or local multiplayer will be available.

BBC is right. Technically this is a payed demo.

Plus I do agree that this game is of little value compared to most fighters.

Online only?

Wow....that is actually kinda insane. 95% of a single person's time will be spent fighting against....JAGO. If you can't figure out how ridiculous this logic is in an online only fighting game with this pay model.....SMH!
---
Shwing
#62catzrul2002Posted 9/17/2013 5:19:39 PM
Foxx3k posted...
catzrul2002 posted...

That's laughable.

How so? Care to disprove?
---
Fingers crossed for Sony to enable PSN name change!!
#63SunDevil77Posted 9/17/2013 5:51:46 PM
catzrul2002 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
catzrul2002 posted...

That's laughable.

How so? Care to disprove?

There is local multiplayer.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#64SirLemontPosted 9/17/2013 6:15:30 PM
Foxx3k posted...
SirLemont posted...
Sorry, but I don't see this business model working well in the long run. It's a shame they're using a beloved franchise like KI to promote it.

Why do you not think the business model is sustainable?

Seems like it'd work fine for a racing game or fighting game to me. I can't see it working with a competitive shooter. I could maybe see it working with an action RPG. Like if a Diablo 3 sort of game came out and the "base" game was free and each class was $10. Why would that be bad?

Because if the community of a particular game is to survive, it needs a substantial amount of content. Every other fighter on the market does this. KI with its paltry 6 fighters will not cut it. You can argue the price all day, but the content itself won't be enough to hold gamers' interest.
#65kakarot-uchihaPosted 9/17/2013 6:33:34 PM
Foxx3k posted...
SirLemont posted...
Sorry, but I don't see this business model working well in the long run. It's a shame they're using a beloved franchise like KI to promote it.

Seems like it'd work fine for a racing game or fighting game to me. I can't see it working with a competitive shooter. I could maybe see it working with an action RPG. Like if a Diablo 3 sort of game came out and the "base" game was free and each class was $10. Why would that be bad?

mk sf tekken mvc all have large rosters, lets say 40, if they release more characters at just 11 more you're at 60 bucks. just buying the full version makes it an embarrassment against every other fighting game. so how can you possibly justify it knowing youre being ripped off and the company is spending a fraction of the resources on it.

the whole point is to try all the styles and find the best ones for you. but why on earth would you even offer a way for people to just play tiny bits of your game and justify it by calling them casuals cause theyll only buy one or two characters saying its a win-win at 10 bucks when you put them in that situation. at 15 or 20 bucks you think a 3 or 4 character fighter is worth it? hardly anyone. why would you hold back stuff you made from people when you so desperately wanted it to 'take-off'. it doesent make sense and it wont stick. just charge a fair price for your game. its a lose-lose.

im honestly open to different models but its gotta be enticing and bare minimum actuality worth it.

HAA FUNNY racing, the competition is even stiffer, all the top racers have stupid amounts of cars tracks and trackmakers. maybe its me but i just dont see where anyone would be able to come in and offer something thats a similar experience even for a casual at free-to-20 dollar range.

but who knows obviously cheaper gaming is better and theres been some ok models and some blatant greedy scheme models. i havent played it but ki looks a lot like the second one.
#66Foxx3kPosted 9/17/2013 6:41:18 PM
kakarot-uchiha posted...
Foxx3k posted...
SirLemont posted...

it doesent make sense and it wont stick. just charge a fair price for your game. its a lose-lose.

Then pay $20 for it and get everything... I clearly don't understand where you're coming from.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#67georgewduff1Posted 9/17/2013 6:43:55 PM
SirLemont posted...
Foxx3k posted...
SirLemont posted...

Because if the community of a particular game is to survive, it needs a substantial amount of content. Every other fighter on the market does this. KI with its paltry 6 fighters will not cut it. You can argue the price all day, but the content itself won't be enough to hold gamers' interest.

You're right...for casual gamer...who have a so-so interest in this game maybe left this game after a while with only 6 playable character...But its the same for a 30 playable character game...
Its the gameplay and re-playability that keeps gamer in a game...aslong with DLC and multiplayer(online and offline)

But with DLC... for many games...their only coming like what...3-6 month after the launch of the game...the majority of gamer left is hardcore gamer ...or casual who have buy it digital and will give it a retry...

So i think that going digital only with this game maybe a good move...preventing the game disc to eat dust on store shelve...and be constantly among the top pick on XBL with a good price.Assuming that the devs team back up tournament and events....and new contents...
---
XboxOne and my gaming addiction are perfect match :) GT: george w duff
#68kakarot-uchihaPosted 9/17/2013 8:23:44 PM
Foxx3k posted...
kakarot-uchiha posted...
Foxx3k posted...
SirLemont posted...

it doesent make sense and it wont stick. just charge a fair price for your game. its a lose-lose.

Then pay $20 for it and get everything... I clearly don't understand where you're coming from.

yes certainly the best deal, absolutely. and ki isnt taking 5 bucks at a time all the way to 60 or 195 at 40 fighters. i was mostly addressing the model and just really dont want devs and pubs incrementally charging 100 bucks for games. with ki specifically i meant that i dont see the person who's like im not sure if i want it, maybe just one or 2 more characters', instead of the full game, it just seems really wierd to me, and a bit of a disservice to that player who might nvr try 'thier' character and add to the community. thats what i meant by not sticking. theres seems to be more potential against it lasting than for it; simply due to a small and thin community.

BUT, even with momentum against it, people are exited, theres way more for it, and most of all its not out yet. it sounds like theyre trying some original mechanics, they hinted at some level of customization in the fighting styles so that could be cool i.e. if not all jago's were the same. i dont want to attack the game, i did just mean the model. (the roster IS a little thin right now though lol) and 20 bucks could be a great buy, and a different take in any genre is welcome. we very well might see racing games etc with a similar model. im leery of it. i really do think ki has potential.
#69SirLemontPosted 9/18/2013 3:28:19 AM
georgewduff1 posted...
SirLemont posted...
Foxx3k posted...
SirLemont posted...

You're right...for casual gamer...who have a so-so interest in this game maybe left this game after a while with only 6 playable character...But its the same for a 30 playable character game...
Its the gameplay and re-playability that keeps gamer in a game...aslong with DLC and multiplayer(online and offline)

But with DLC... for many games...their only coming like what...3-6 month after the launch of the game...the majority of gamer left is hardcore gamer ...or casual who have buy it digital and will give it a retry...

So i think that going digital only with this game maybe a good move...preventing the game disc to eat dust on store shelve...and be constantly among the top pick on XBL with a good price.Assuming that the devs team back up tournament and events....and new contents...

That's true for ANY kind of gamer except the dedicated base. It's not going to have much replayability at all with only 6 characters out the gate. And just because it's a digital-only doesn't mean people will continue to play. Soon, they will get bored and move on to other titles with better content. And KI will be forgotten to everyone except that small base. Do you think Microsoft will continue to pump out more DLC if nobody but a small few is buying it?

That's why this model will fail. It doesn't offer much initially when other fighters traditionally do and build that base that will keep playing when you start to roll out DLC.
#70Thunder097Posted 9/18/2013 2:58:14 PM
I'm a Sony fan and not gettng Xbox One but BBC is pretty annoying. He is bashing on Xbox One , EA, and Capcom. Yes they make stupid mistakes but they make good games. Capcom make good fighters. EA have Battlefield 4 , Battlefront 3 and some other. This dude video on Capcom $152 million was silly. He is happy if a company close. Most of his debate he answer with questions wtf