X1 upscales all games to 1080p

#51MetroidFan9999Posted 9/17/2013 9:07:21 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Don't forget that the game was probably built on a PC, then downgraded to work on a console. Only because they didn't have the console specs yet or console hardware to test on.

Next time around, they will actually know the strengths and weaknesses of the consoles, and be better able to optimize.

Hate to burst your bubble, nearly every game is developed on a PC....
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#52PorungaPosted 9/17/2013 9:20:16 AM
Seriously..

Resolution means NOTHING. It helps, but isn't everything. They could put a 360 game on here, run it at 1080p/60fps and you know what you would all say? "this doesn't look any better than 360 FAIL!" Resolution means nothing if you don't have the graphics to back it up. So yes, these early titles will not be running at 1080p with 60 frames. They are more focused on graphics detail, new effects and techniques that they could never use before, more objects on screen... the things that make games look good. It is a sacrifice, and one they will continue to make forever. Yes, they will learn the hardware better, and be able to boost resolution, but they wont.. they will continue to sacrifice resolution and framerate in order to get better visuals. What good is 1080p if the visuals aren't much of an upgrade from current gen?

And yes yes... forza, car games don't require a lot of power.. they're cars. And before you start comparing forza and driveclub again, not all dev teams are equal, not all game engines are equal, not all games are equal. They are two different games, doing completely different things under the hood. They cannot be compared other than "which one do I think looks better", which is merely personal preference. They do different things in different ways, their resolution and framerates cannot be compared because they are not the same game. You want comparisons, look to multiplatform games.
#53MetroidFan9999Posted 9/17/2013 9:21:41 AM
Porunga posted...
Seriously..

Resolution means NOTHING. It helps, but isn't everything. They could put a 360 game on here, run it at 1080p/60fps and you know what you would all say? "this doesn't look any better than 360 FAIL!"

LOL

Have you even played current gen games (like dead space/mass effect), for example, on a PC that runs 1080p/60fps?

It looks LOADS better.
---
#54PorungaPosted 9/17/2013 9:24:33 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Porunga posted...
Seriously..

Resolution means NOTHING. It helps, but isn't everything. They could put a 360 game on here, run it at 1080p/60fps and you know what you would all say? "this doesn't look any better than 360 FAIL!"

LOL

Have you even played current gen games (like dead space/mass effect), for example, on a PC that runs 1080p/60fps?

It looks LOADS better.

That is because your PC is running the game at a higher graphics settings. More details, better lighting, more complex shaders. It is more than simply "higher resolution = better"
#55MetroidFan9999Posted 9/17/2013 9:36:33 AM
Porunga posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Porunga posted...
Seriously..

LOL

It looks LOADS better.

That is because your PC is running the game at a higher graphics settings. More details, better lighting, more complex shaders. It is more than simply "higher resolution = better"

Ummm...Dead space 2 on PC is a straight console port. So was Dark Souls. There was no improvement in textures/shaders/details. But 60fps/1080p look loads better and were quite obvious.
---
#56SinisterSlayPosted 9/17/2013 9:41:38 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Don't forget that the game was probably built on a PC, then downgraded to work on a console. Only because they didn't have the console specs yet or console hardware to test on.

Next time around, they will actually know the strengths and weaknesses of the consoles, and be better able to optimize.

Your surprisingly successful as a troll.

But it's been awhile since we used punch cards, now all software is developed on computers.

But you know what I mean, it was a PC game, that is ported to console.

Now, I am adding you to my ignore list, so good bye.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#57MetroidFan9999Posted 9/17/2013 9:44:07 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

But it's been awhile since we used punch cards, now all software is developed on computers.

Actually no, I didn't know what you meant, because it's the same either way. Ok Bye!
---
#58CyDetrakDPosted 9/17/2013 9:47:14 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

How is he trolling he is stating legit facts while being non biased torwards any console. Don't be blind torwards the truth and believe pr bs. If resolution doesn't matter would you play your games in 480p honestly?
---
Posted using GameFlux
#59Exodus_PrimePosted 9/17/2013 9:49:27 AM
CyDetrakD posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

How is he trolling he is stating legit facts while being non biased torwards any console. Don't be blind torwards the truth and believe pr bs. If resolution doesn't matter would you play your games in 480p honestly?

Way to go Metroid...You got one person to put you on ignore and another person to actually take you seriously all in one post lol
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#60SinisterSlayPosted 9/17/2013 9:50:24 AM
CyDetrakD posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

I did yesterday, first playing monster truck madness, then at 1024 x 768 playing need for speed underground.

He's a PC gamers trolling the console boards by trying to make it seem 900p isn't enough. Then when I said the game probably started development on a regular PC and then was ported, he made the smart-ass remark that all games are started on a PC.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence