X1 upscales all games to 1080p

#71_DevilBob_Posted 9/17/2013 1:45:43 PM
Everyone in this topic is wrong. If it's not running at 4K and 60 fps, then it's not next gen.

Get with the times, people.
---
That silence you hear is the sound of my eyes rolling.
#72SinisterSlayPosted 9/17/2013 1:46:24 PM
_DevilBob_ posted...
Everyone in this topic is wrong. If it's not running at 4K and 60 fps, then it's not next gen.

4k is so last year, 8k is where it's at.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#73_DevilBob_Posted 9/17/2013 2:03:15 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
_DevilBob_ posted...

DAMMIT! I have to go buy ANOTHER t.v.?!?

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn!!!
---
That silence you hear is the sound of my eyes rolling.
#74SinisterSlayPosted 9/17/2013 2:04:44 PM
_DevilBob_ posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
_DevilBob_ posted...

DAMMIT! I have to go buy ANOTHER t.v.?!?

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn!!!

Yeah SD television signal looks great at 8k
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#75Orange_ApplesPosted 9/17/2013 3:08:08 PM
You console owners have no idea what hardware is capable of. Upscaling looks impressive to you, but after playing games at a native 1080p 60fps on PC (relatively weak by PC standards), games shown to be on XB1 or PS4 hardware just do not impress.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#76Spetsnaz420Posted 9/18/2013 3:28:46 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Ryan-06 posted...
reassurance twitter post straight from MS. lol

http://i.cubeupload.com/cJuPNi.png

"But xbox one upscales... They all look amazing!" upscale FTW.

True next gen there. Trend for 2014 games? PC is laughing at this. At least get the resolution up to par.

I was already playing games at 1600 x 1200 in 2003

Then get off the Xbox One board, you troll.

Trouble is... I'm still using that computer, so I'm basically a console peasant at this point :D

How the mighty have fallen
---
I don't conform to social convention
#77MrSpaM111Posted 9/18/2013 3:32:42 AM
Exactly the same as current gen then...
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#78Ryan-06Posted 9/18/2013 10:19:42 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
Do you want to know how you can tell the biggest difference in resolution?

1. Open a game like, say, BioShock Infinite on PC (it has to be a game with horizontal live bars).
2. Set the resolution to 1920x1080 and run around for a few minutes.
3. Close the game and re-open it.
4. Set the resolution to 1600x900 and run around for a few minutes.
5. Close the game and re-open it.
6. Set the resolution to 1280x720 and run around for a few minutes.

All throughout this process, pay attention to the life bars and the edges of the screen.

At 1920x1080, the life bars will take up a couple of inches, if that, in the upper left corner, and your field of view will be sort of bad. (You need to set it to 90 degrees in the options, but they made it a screwy setting so you have to look up what number to put in for 90).

At 1440x900, the life bars will be slightly larger, and you'll notice that you can't see as much at the edges of your view.

At 1280x720, the life bars are gigantic, and you'll notice even more of an increase in vision.

It's not about sharpness per se, though that is part of it. Your field of view is drastically decreased as resolution gets lower.

I've seen YouTube videos of BioShock Infinite on the consoles and the life bars take up almost half the screen, it's pretty ridiculous.

Why did you quote yourself and post twice? still good tho.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada. US sucks =(
#79zephirrainesPosted 9/18/2013 12:04:01 PM
embrandedone posted...
Your transformation is complete, my sons. First it was "PS4 is PS 3.5, only the One is the TRUE next-gen console" and now it's "Graphic's don't matter."

Congratulations, you're Wii U fanboys now.

First it was indie games dont matter on 360 but now on the ps4 graphics dont matter, indie games matter! Congrats you are ouya fanboys now.

Btw if forza is 1080 then the topic is wrong and the tc is a troll. Then again gamefaqs is paid by sony so dont expect moderation here.
#80BudWisenheimerPosted 9/18/2013 1:29:35 PM
zephirraines posted...
Btw if forza is 1080 then the topic is wrong and the tc is a troll.

Oh man.