Anyone else in the same boat as me?

#1teeebzPosted 9/17/2013 8:49:27 AM
I'll be buying both systems, one at launch and the other some time down the road.

I even have both pre-ordered right now and am still unsure which system I'll be buying at launch. I'm basically waiting (& hoping) reviews come sooner rather than later so I can make a better decision.
I love the Xbox controller so much more than playstations (especially, obviously for FPS and TPS.)
But I'm so curious as to whether multiplats will generally look and play better on ps4 because of the power differences.

I really want titanfall but its not even a launch game. It seems, as of now, I am most excited for AC4, BF4, and watchdogs.

Normally, I know what I'd be purchasing, even though I buy all systems eventually, it just seems this gen is a pretty tough choice because factors are still so up in the air with the specs and quality of how things will turn out...

On a side note, I also prefer xbl over psn for gaming with friends. Between the actual service, layout, and mic integration... I'm wondering how well the ps4 headsets will sound and if people will actually use them now...

...damn you ps joysticks for making decisions more difficult.

Anyone else in my boat?
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
#2MeaglesVPosted 9/17/2013 8:52:31 AM
Getting both too. But XB1 at launch and I'll likely play all multiplats on Xbox to play with my friends.

PS4 will just be for exclusives for me.
#3sleedsPosted 9/17/2013 8:57:12 AM
Yep same boat. There are a few Xbox one titles I am also looking forward to as well but need the reviews to come out before I make up my mind. Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3.
#4teeebz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 8:59:27 AM
MeaglesV posted...
Getting both too. But XB1 at launch and I'll likely play all multiplats on Xbox to play with my friends.

That's how it was for me this current gen mostly. Xbox multiplats usually performed better plus I liked XBL.

But now supposedly Xbox is the more difficult system to work with plus ps4 is more powerful so I'm wondering if ill be doing the opposite this time around
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
#5Coutts2Posted 9/17/2013 9:01:48 AM
I will get PS4 first. I am not really impressed with the launch exclusives for either, but PS4 has 8 free games at launch and will have PS+ to support it at $100 less. I will probably wait for a slim version before snagging an Xbone.
---
PSN: Geoff-C-
#6motoraptorPosted 9/17/2013 10:12:56 AM
Yep, X1 as the primary console for multiplayer with friends and PS4 down the road when there's a slim announced or something. As AWESOME as PS+ sounds, I'm already locked into Live and I feel like it would be a waste to pay for both services. So PS4 for exclusives and F2P s***s and giggles.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#7regsantotomasPosted 9/17/2013 10:19:33 AM
MeaglesV posted...

Same.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#8ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 9/17/2013 10:28:57 AM
teeebz posted...
But I'm so curious as to whether multiplats will generally look and play better on ps4 because of the power differences.
Yes... and no:

One source even suggested that enforcing parity across consoles could become a political issue between platform holders, developers and publishers. They said that it could damage perceptions of a cross platform title, not to mention Xbox One, if the PS4 version shipped with an obviously superior resolution and framerate; better to “castrate” the PS4 version and release near-identical games to avoid ruffling any feathers.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/power-struggle-the-real-differences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

Basically, even though the PS4 will definitely have more power than the Xbox One (at least at launch), allowing higher resolution and framerate, developers and publishers will probably castrate the PS4 version in order to make cross platform releases identical.

By the same logic, we can assume that if in the future the cloud did end up giving the Xbox One an advantage, then the Xbox One version will be the one to be castrated to in order to keep both versions identical, hypothetically speaking.
#9NoNeedF0RaNamePosted 9/17/2013 11:53:28 AM
I have both preoredered through amazon, but I'm pretty sure I am going with PS4 at launch. I am also pretty sure I won't be getting an Xbox One ever, but I am open to it if I see some exclusives that I must have.
---
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.
#10Orange_ApplesPosted 9/17/2013 2:26:01 PM
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
teeebz posted...
Yes... and no:

One source even suggested that enforcing parity across consoles could become a political issue between platform holders, developers and publishers. They said that it could damage perceptions of a cross platform title, not to mention Xbox One, if the PS4 version shipped with an obviously superior resolution and framerate; better to “castrate” the PS4 version and release near-identical games to avoid ruffling any feathers.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/power-struggle-the-real-differences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

Basically, even though the PS4 will definitely have more power than the Xbox One (at least at launch), allowing higher resolution and framerate, developers and publishers will probably castrate the PS4 version in order to make cross platform releases identical.

By the same logic, we can assume that if in the future the cloud did end up giving the Xbox One an advantage, then the Xbox One version will be the one to be castrated to in order to keep both versions identical, hypothetically speaking.

didn't stop them from releasing inferior PS3 versions of games.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.