Anyone else in the same boat as me?

#11ImsimplePosted 9/17/2013 4:49:40 PM
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
teeebz posted...
But I'm so curious as to whether multiplats will generally look and play better on ps4 because of the power differences.
Yes... and no:

One source even suggested that enforcing parity across consoles could become a political issue between platform holders, developers and publishers. They said that it could damage perceptions of a cross platform title, not to mention Xbox One, if the PS4 version shipped with an obviously superior resolution and framerate; better to “castrate” the PS4 version and release near-identical games to avoid ruffling any feathers.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/power-struggle-the-real-differences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

Basically, even though the PS4 will definitely have more power than the Xbox One (at least at launch), allowing higher resolution and framerate, developers and publishers will probably castrate the PS4 version in order to make cross platform releases identical.

By the same logic, we can assume that if in the future the cloud did end up giving the Xbox One an advantage, then the Xbox One version will be the one to be castrated to in order to keep both versions identical, hypothetically speaking.

Well I could understand ruffling feathers but it has been said by iw that what took 3 weeks to develop cod ghost for ps4 took 6 months for Xbox 1 so they could spent the extra 5 months one week not ruffling feathers and use the systems specs to sell a decent product.
I personally avoid developers who crap on a system I own.
---
Life is like a box a chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.