Microsoft planning Japan-developed Xbox One exclusives (link inside)

#1DarthLaharlPosted 9/17/2013 3:58:35 PM
http://gematsu.com/2013/09/microsoft-planning-japan-developed-xbox-one-exclusives

"Japan is an important market for Microsoft, according to Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer. And while Spencer believes titles like Dead Rising 3 and Metal Gear Solid V will appeal to the Japanese audience, the company appears to be planning more.

In its early days, Xbox 360 had first-party-published Japanese role-playing games with Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey (pictured). Asked during a Famitsu interview if Microsoft would follow a similar path with Xbox One, Spencer replied:

“Yes. Some time ago, [Xbox Japan general manager Takashi] Sensui and I met with a few Japanese developers to discuss Xbox One development. As a matter of fact, we are thinking of developing a few exclusive titles in cooperation with Japanese developers. I believe those titles will be announced closer to (the Japanese) launch.”

He added, “Locally developed content really is important. Especially considering Japan is the place where video games originated.”

Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey (pictured) “were wonderful experiences,” Spencer said. But this time, Microsoft is “looking forward to partnerships with new developers on Xbox One.” The console has received a “wonderful reaction” from Japanese developers, according to Spencer.

Xbox One will launch in Japan in 2014."
---
Weebo is just another derogatory insult that people hate to be called but will later end up accepting.
(Ex. nerd, emo, hipster, gay, and even the N-word.)
#2DelRowePosted 9/17/2013 4:14:01 PM
I really don't know why they are trying the same strategy again when it didn't work last time. Isn't that the definition of insane? Get real MS. Japan doesn't care about you and you're wasting your money.
---
You are not in control.
#3zinsindettaPosted 9/17/2013 4:43:12 PM
Awesome news!

And someone get some ice for DelRowe's butt.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#4mcnichojPosted 9/17/2013 5:01:14 PM
DelRowe posted...
I really don't know why they are trying the same strategy again when it didn't work last time. Isn't that the definition of insane? Get real MS. Japan doesn't care about you and you're wasting your money.
Some of us westerners enjoy Japanese games.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#5True_FoeHammerPosted 9/17/2013 5:03:24 PM
DelRowe posted...

Exactly. Microsoft did the same exact thing by ponying up cash for Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, plenty of others at the beginning of the generation. And where did Microsoft end up? Pulling the X360 out of Japan years before the X1 is being released.
#6favcitadelstorePosted 9/17/2013 6:30:16 PM
Rumble Roses XX sequel please.
---
Must read Xbone board topics:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66754864 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#7SekaiIchibanPosted 9/17/2013 7:15:33 PM
"The console has received a “wonderful reaction” from Japanese developers, according to Spencer.
I am not so sure they understood the term "wonderful". The bbs like 2ch isn't exacly praising it either. I cannot understand why Microsoft is going to compete there with the Xbox One which has no mobile platform in a handheld-dominated country.

It's even more expensive than PS4, which has games japanese gamers care about(mainstream AND niche). As of now, Xbox is PLANNING to develop japanese games. This is quite late.

Remember that X360 came out a year before PS3 and it still flopped in Japan. If they are going to be released the same time, at that price=total annihilation.
#8James_4ortPosted 9/17/2013 7:23:52 PM
Microsoft has nothing to do with mgsv coming to Xbox... Konami developed a new multiplatform engine to sell greater volumes of games..

Kojima showed off MGSV at the MS E3 event under the condition it would be the first game shown. Kojima is trying to bring in a greater audience for his series, and appealing to the console that has had only leftovers of MGS series is important. (Most of the mgs community is on ps3/going to ps4)
---
~House of Red Leaves~
Let no1 misguide you. The true hearted will fall to the glory of eternity, and as the darkness arrises the light within will shine true
#9James_4ortPosted 9/17/2013 7:26:40 PM
Wait a minute. Do u think mgsv is exclusive!? Lololoolololololololololololooololol

OMG!!!!!! ROFL

U wouldn't even understand the story as it takes place right after peace walker(on psp and ps3 only)!!!
---
~House of Red Leaves~
Let no1 misguide you. The true hearted will fall to the glory of eternity, and as the darkness arrises the light within will shine true
#10TBONE_OGPosted 9/17/2013 7:31:19 PM
Hmmm... I play a lot of Happy Wars, and you know what? There's a lot of Japanese players.

Whatever some of you wackos say, MS building on the ground they've gained in Japan off the 360 can only be seen as progress and a good thing.

What did you expect? MS to just enter Japan and take over? Get real. Baby steps.
---
Always O.G.