Why do few gamers embrace 3D in games?

#21MRL3G3NDPosted 9/18/2013 6:44:11 AM
lmao at all the cliché excuses

Not wanted to wear glasses to see in 3D is like saying I'm hungry but I don't want to eat. Seriously the end justify the means. If you wanna see things in 3D you have to wear the glasses.

It's not a gimmick it adds to the immersion 10 fold...I'll never forget in crisis 2 when I was taking cover behind a concrete divider with 50 cal tracer fire coming straight at me from down the street...it caused stress...then I saw the divider crumbling away with chunks of concrete falling out the tv. It made me squint it made me hesitate in fear...that is no gimmick

they've been calling it a gimmick for 5 years now lol

most people are too stupid to adjust the 3D settings...I remember a gears 3 thread where the guy was bashing the 3D for having a double image all the time... all he had to do is go into the 3d settings and adjust it...he also didn't know it takes some sets 15-20 to warm up and run optimal

people are so quick to jump on the bandwagon and bash it...some simply because they don't have the money. Some feel geeky wearing glasses..why would you even care? If you are a nerd in the first place people already know, and if you are not you are a tool for being so insecure.

I love 3D I wish more game would have it...I enjoyed bioshock infinite with the 2d-3d conversion..it wasn't the real deal but it made it better visually...just something different

People are lining up and plopping money down for the next gen which already are struggling with resolution...just to give you the same crap...

I can really care less about both next gen machines...I am absolutely excited about the oculus rift

I bet when that drops all of the 3d naysayers will change their tune...even people who get headaches from 3D couldn't get enough of the OR lol
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#22Exodus_PrimePosted 9/18/2013 7:20:32 AM
Gears 3, Uncharted 3, Killzone 3 (that's a lot of number 3's eh) looked awesome in 3D on my 55' Samsung LED stereoscopic 3D, the colors in Killzone 3 in 3D were beautiful, I don't mind wearing the glasses for about an hour in the PRIVACY of my own home, so it shouldn't be a big deal.I find this comes to a matter of preference/complaints/can't afford a 3D tv. I played my gf's 3DS with donkey kong I wasn't impressed by it. Just my opinion folks don't get upset now.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#23maheo30Posted 9/18/2013 8:03:11 AM
I hope 3D never becomes standard. I'd have to quit gaming. 3D makes me physically nauseous and sick.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)
#24NerdimusPrimePosted 9/18/2013 8:06:52 AM
When they work out the bugs and use it in a truly engrossing way ( Oculus rift + next gen 3d), I'll give it a go. Avatar is currently the best implementation of 3d and it still wasn't quite there. Right now home devices are more like Jaws 3d .
---
If you value privacy please sign here: https://optin.stopwatching.us/
#25CyDetrakDPosted 9/18/2013 8:53:58 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Gears 3, Uncharted 3, Killzone 3 (that's a lot of number 3's eh) looked awesome in 3D on my 55' Samsung LED stereoscopic 3D, the colors in Killzone 3 in 3D were beautiful, I don't mind wearing the glasses for about an hour in the PRIVACY of my own home, so it shouldn't be a big deal.I find this comes to a matter of preference/complaints/can't afford a 3D tv. I played my gf's 3DS with donkey kong I wasn't impressed by it. Just my opinion folks don't get upset now.

I enjoyed those games you mentioned above because the depth added to the gameplay. The submarine section was some of the best use of 3d on a console I've seen yet.

I also enjoyed Crysis2, Superstar dust HD, Rachet & Clank All for One, Motorstorm Apocalypse and both Black Ops on the consoles.

If you have a beastly PC Gears1, newest Tomb Raider, Re5-6, both Left 4 Deads, Metro LL, Crysis 3, Bf3, and BioShock Infinite were amazing on my rig using Nvidia 3dvision and my 50in Panny Plasma.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#26Killah PriestPosted 9/18/2013 8:59:55 AM
I love 3D movies but 3D games are mostly rubbish.

Loss of clarity/resolution
Having to wear glasses for extended periods of time
Increased eye fatigue
crosstalk
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#27Kuebel33Posted 9/18/2013 10:49:12 AM
ORANGE666 posted...
3D has been around for decades, it's just a fad. And Oculus is virtual reality not referred to as "3D"

You just broke the Internet... been around for decades, but just a fad?

Anyhow, most people that hate on 3D haven't really spent any time using it and just go by all the negative stuff other people have said about it in the past, who also never spent time with it.

3D tech is actually quite god now. It's not nearly as expensive as people think it is either (again, people heard it was expensive and just keep propagating the same rumor). Glasses prices have come way down and it's only a few hundred bucks more for a high end 3D TV than a regular high end TV. That's not much to be honest.

People talking about not wanting to wear the glasses...this just proves my point. I'd bet 99% of you folks have never even tried to wear the glassed for more than 5 minutes. After a couple minutes you don't even realize they're on any more, if you even did in the first place.

If it gives you a head ache, or gives you eye strain, fair enough. Frankly, it's never bothered me and I have a huge collection of 3D media from movies to games, etc. and multiple 3D TV's in the house.

As for Oculus Rift... I actually went to a friends house this past weekend before going out to the Mayweather fight, and messed around with his Rift. It's by no means VR. I know they say it's a VR headset, but I personally don't think so. It's 3D and right up in your face to try to immerse you further. Sure you can look all around, but your primary means of control are still mouse and keyboard/controller. There is also an open space right around your nose, so you can roll your eyes down and look at the keyboard if you need to replace your fingers, which while very useful, kind of kills the whole "VR" thing. It's also very conducive to motion sickness. I would bet the majority of people amped for this thing won't even be able to handle it for more than a few minutes at a time, without doing a lot of "training" sessions to get acclimated to it.
---
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: Gears, Last of Us, Killer is Dead
#28AvirosbPosted 9/18/2013 11:11:56 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
lmao at all the cliché excuses

Not wanted to wear glasses to see in 3D is like saying I'm hungry but I don't want to eat. Seriously the end justify the means. If you wanna see things in 3D you have to wear the glasses.

Thus some people opt to not see things in 3D. Funny how that works, huh?
Besides, I already wear glasses. Wearing two pair of glasses for a prolonged amount of time is not exactly fun.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.