This is the only board that is not discussing Sega buying Atlus

#11ejay8320Posted 9/18/2013 7:57:42 AM
@the Arcade

About FFXIII, Despite the larger user base of Xbox 360 at the time of release it still did sell less than the PS3 version. Also with the way the Xbox one is being marketed, the targeted audience are less likely to be fans of JRPGs.

Not to say there arent jrpg fans on the Xbox, but there was quite a drop in jrpgs games for the 360 about halfway through the systems life.
#12SithMasterDKPosted 9/18/2013 9:12:20 AM
@Arcade

No I've got nothing against Final Fantasy, not for me though. I've played video games all my life and 90% of them were either sports games or fps (some having rpg elements, but I wouldn't consider them rpg's). Everyone that I knew that played video games in school played mainly fps since it was the easiest to accommodate so many people at once (get togethers after school and such).

I've only known two people to even play jrpg's. My brother with one Shin Megami on the 3ds, and I tried one of the Persona games on my PSP (horrible system btw.) I didn't care for it personally.

My point is that people don't buy an Xbox for jrpg's. They buy other systems for that genre. I don't think its worth it Microsoft to buy licenses for that particular genre when it's such a small niche of gamers that would play those games on the Xbox.
---
Currently playing- Dark Souls(PC), Pokemon Showdown, Dead Space and good old fashioned foosball.
#13-Erika-Posted 9/18/2013 9:15:53 AM
JRPGs are my favorite genre and even I don't care about Atlus; I think they're horrible.
---
Joshi Spirit
#14billsfanno1Posted 9/18/2013 9:25:47 AM
I am hopeful about this. There is a decent sized niche of Xbox owners who are Sega fans at heart. The first Xbox launched just as Dreamcast was dying, and a lot of Dreamcast owners went to Xbox to avoid the PS2. So in a way Sega has a "home field advantage" on Xbox. I hope this translates to Atlus games going multi-platform. I also hope Sega is thinking about making updates to games like Gunvalkyrie and Jet Set Radio on XB1 using Kinect controls. Sonic has just been beat to death this generation. Maybe Atlus will restore the quirkiness that once made Sega so great.
#15SilentS89Posted 9/23/2013 2:44:34 PM
I liked Snowboard kids.
#16SavageTrooperPosted 9/23/2013 2:53:17 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
I am hopeful about this. There is a decent sized niche of Xbox owners who are Sega fans at heart. The first Xbox launched just as Dreamcast was dying, and a lot of Dreamcast owners went to Xbox to avoid the PS2. So in a way Sega has a "home field advantage" on Xbox. I hope this translates to Atlus games going multi-platform. I also hope Sega is thinking about making updates to games like Gunvalkyrie and Jet Set Radio on XB1 using Kinect controls. Sonic has just been beat to death this generation. Maybe Atlus will restore the quirkiness that once made Sega so great.

Talking outta your ass much? You have any source or proof that people purposely avoided the PS2 and bought an xbox? Because i highly doubt it, being that the PS2 is still the best selling console of all time. I would believe you if you said they went to PS2 as that would make more sense.
#17ReyGoeZHardPosted 9/23/2013 3:54:52 PM
SavageTrooper posted...
billsfanno1 posted...

Talking outta your ass much? You have any source or proof that people purposely avoided the PS2 and bought an xbox? Because i highly doubt it, being that the PS2 is still the best selling console of all time. I would believe you if you said they went to PS2 as that would make more sense.

I was once a Sega fanboy and I happened to choose Xbox over PS2. I owned all three (at the time) current-gen consoles but used the Xbox more.

I did view the Xbox as the successor to the Dreamcast; similar controller, focus on online-play, previous games slated to appear on Dreamcast showed up on Xbox, etc. Come on, Shenmue 2!

Not to say Gamecube and PS2 didn't have their fair share of great exclusives (PS2 moreso), but the superior multiplats, Xbox Live, and Sega exclusives pushed the Xbox to be my main console.
---
XBL Gamertag: Rey GoeZ Hard <> PSN ID: ReyRey21323
3DS Friend Code: 4554-0757-3202 <> NNID: Player
#18zinsindettaPosted 9/23/2013 4:14:50 PM
Decimator11 posted...
They might develop games for the next-gen now? What's there to talk about?

LOL this.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#19mcnichojPosted 9/23/2013 4:17:57 PM
So sad MS didn't buy them and force them to make a HD NINE remake and sequel with multiplayer. ):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Megami_Tensei:_NINE
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#20FusionCPosted 9/23/2013 4:27:52 PM
I think with Sega buying Atlus it could be a great thing for the XB1 JRPG fans. Sega is FAR more likely to publish for both system (unless Sony is paying for exclusives)
---
For the Horde!!!!