Toys "R" Us makes the Xbox One the exclusive video game console for Hot Toy List

#11CaIiber345Posted 9/19/2013 12:42:54 AM
Um, this is news?

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1440/officespace.gif
---
http://minus.com/ll6Wx5NemvtlV
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#12NeoMonkPosted 9/19/2013 1:01:24 AM
Well ToysRus is right. It is a toy compared to a mans console ;)
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#13IzecPosted 9/19/2013 1:56:23 AM
Xbox One is a toy, PS4 is a console.

Fair next.
---
No Text
#14kingofjamaicaPosted 9/19/2013 4:10:19 AM
kayoticdreamz posted...
kingofjamaica posted...
And then when the majority of parents looking to buy videogames for their kids go to Walmart, they'll see the PS4 for $100 less with the same games, and buy that instead.

I don't know any parents with kids older than 6 that go to Toys R Us.

ryse dead rising killer instinct...shall i go on?

Like I said. Most people going to Toys R Us are people going to buy toys for their young kids. Unless they're the most irresponsible parents ever, they aren't buying their 8 year old an Xbox One and Ryse...
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#15_Elite_Bushido_Posted 9/19/2013 6:37:04 AM
82xeno posted...
MrCheese4321 posted...
Surely Microsoft didn't strike a deal with Toys R Us by handing them a huge pile of cash lol.

Couldn't be, I mean this is news on the Xbox.com site! It's legit! /sarcasm

Well looks like this $1 billion investment in games is paying off, lol

Both ms and Sony lost money this gen. And Sony is taking another hit because of the price for the ps4. Not really sure why either even bother
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#16kingofjamaicaPosted 9/19/2013 6:46:10 AM
_Elite_Bushido_ posted...
82xeno posted...
MrCheese4321 posted...
Surely Microsoft didn't strike a deal with Toys R Us by handing them a huge pile of cash lol.

Both ms and Sony lost money this gen. And Sony is taking another hit because of the price for the ps4. Not really sure why either even bother

Sony has always operated at a loss on hardware. They more than make up for it on software sales though, since they get a cut of every game sold on a PS system.

If Sony can maintain the momentum they have now, they're looking to be quite profitable with the PS4.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#17PraetorXynPosted 9/19/2013 7:03:46 AM
kayoticdreamz posted...
kingofjamaica posted...
And then when the majority of parents looking to buy videogames for their kids go to Walmart, they'll see the PS4 for $100 less with the same games, and buy that instead.

I don't know any parents with kids older than 6 that go to Toys R Us.

ryse dead rising killer instinct...shall i go on?

The context of the discussion is parents looking to buy a console for their kids. Can you tell the rest of the class why the titles you mentioned don't fit the current context?
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#18_Elite_Bushido_Posted 9/19/2013 3:33:17 PM
kingofjamaica posted...
_Elite_Bushido_ posted...
82xeno posted...
MrCheese4321 posted...

Sony has always operated at a loss on hardware. They more than make up for it on software sales though, since they get a cut of every game sold on a PS system.

If Sony can maintain the momentum they have now, they're looking to be quite profitable with the PS4.

actually neither pulled a profit, just a lil made up losses, but they still lost overall
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#19mini_blightPosted 9/19/2013 5:24:07 PM
kingofjamaica posted...

Then, after seeing how it has no games for children, those same parents return the PS4 and buy a 3DS or Wii U for some wholesome family goodness at a more affordable price.
#20lovbbwsPosted 9/22/2013 12:02:37 PM
yeah and they did this for the turbografx-16 over 20 years ago i was there whats the point lol we all know sadly how that turned out