To the people that use the Xbox controller as a reason to buy the system

#11darkphiresagePosted 9/18/2013 2:46:32 PM
don't really agree with purchasing a system based on a controller. I have yet to meet a controller I couldn't use. *cough* withexceptiontowiimote *cough*

I don't believe there won't be enough exclusives to justify choosing a system based on them either. not only would I miss out on sony's titles, but I highly doubt anything but the most popular AAA titles from JP will hit the X1. MGS, FF and KH are great and everything, but I love my disgaea and tales just as much...more actually. (I don't even like KH to be honest)
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#12_Sovereign_Posted 9/18/2013 6:53:50 PM
Using a controller as any reason is irrelevant, we as gamers should be able to pick up ANY controller and be fine in 2 minutes. When people say something about stick placement or trigger design, it's hilarious to me. I suppose I should be considerate and realize not everyone is the same, but I can't.
---
"Microsoft demands simultaneous multiplatform releases" - Type that into your search bar and you'll see why you should buy Rayman on Wii U, not ports.
#13NerdimusPrimePosted 9/18/2013 7:06:29 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
Using a controller as any reason is irrelevant, we as gamers should be able to pick up ANY controller and be fine in 2 minutes. When people say something about stick placement or trigger design, it's hilarious to me. I suppose I should be considerate and realize not everyone is the same, but I can't.

Beat me to saying this. Console gaming is at a point that all 3 companies make a controller with similar button/ stick placement that any gamer should be able to adapt easily. Quality matters more to me than stick placement, maybe MS should focus on making more durable analog sticks so that we won't have to replace them every year or so.
---
If you value privacy please sign here: https://optin.stopwatching.us/
#14Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/18/2013 7:41:59 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
By that logic using the reason to buy the PS4 because it's $100 cheaper is dumb, people see it as a done deal being cheaper, some people see it as you get what you pay for. Or like some tards that complain about the paywall they won't buy a X1/360 because they can't play their precious Netflix on it.

you stated multiple reasons why someone would choose the PS4 over the Xbox One. he stated one
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#15PraetorXynPosted 9/18/2013 7:43:46 PM
ianthegamer posted...
if that were true id be happy but if you knew anything about the controllers you speak of you would know the third party "xbox" style ps3 controllers were all horrible and had varying degrees of bad dead zones.

the controller was the MAIN reason I choose to get the xbox first. I understand you have know idea what you are talking about so thats fine.

regardless if someone prefers a controller setup to another why would they buy an opposing system that doesn't feature that and depend on third party products when they can get the real deal with the corresponding system?

At this point in the gaming universe controller should be one of the most important reasons to buy a system since most games are multi platform and the controller is the only dominant difference between the two systems.

leave power and specs to trolls as we all know that really doesnt matter in the end since the games will be developed for the weaker system... exclusives are reason to own both unless mommy wont let you.

The irony.

On topic, they make adapters for that purpose that SHOULD take the different deadzone settings into account, so that's probably a better idea than third party controllers.

For anything 2D I generally use a Sega Saturn Model 2 controller, as its DPad is the best ever and the 6 face buttons are useful, especially for fighting games.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#16MrImpatient35Posted 9/18/2013 8:22:10 PM
crucial posted...
Ok let me move my cheevos over to PS4 and my profile,convince all my friends to move over to PS4,get Halo,Fable,foriza,DR3,KI,QB and Gear's on PS4 and improved online and I will switch over,let me know how that turns out.

What this guy said.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#17Foxx3kPosted 9/18/2013 8:28:01 PM
There has never been a Playstation 3 controller that I'd consider on-par with the Microsoft Xbox 360 controller. I have absolutely no reason to think that it'll happen this gen, especially with the touch-pad now.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#18THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 9/18/2013 9:00:45 PM
The controller is actually one of the reasons I'd kinda want an Xbone. I wanna see how it feels.

But thank goodness for Wal-Mart and Gamestop kiosks.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#19DeimirPosted 9/19/2013 1:28:04 AM
My biggest issue with switching between the Xbox/Playstation controllers is that for some reason the functions between bumper/trigger and R1/R2 are swapped. Where a shooter would use right trigger on the Xbox controller, that same shooter uses R1 on the Playstation controller. Usually it can be fixed with remapping to R2, but it's still disorienting since I don't play my Playstation as much and can easily forget the button-mapping differences until I jump in and try to play.

That being said, the first-party controllers for both systems are still too small.
---
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f2b_1371011276
#20Evel138Posted 9/19/2013 1:37:15 AM
Really the only reason I've preferred the 360 over the PS3 is because of the controller. I feel the PS3 had much better exclusives, but for general gaming (multiplats), the 360 controller is the best that's ever been made so far.

At least SONY as gotten a clue from the 360 and has reworked the DualShocks form factor for the PS4. The grips, triggers, etc......though the analogs are still in the wrong place, but hey.....at least they've spread them apart a bit. With the old DS, if your hands are any larger than that of a 10 year old girl, they tend to cramp up....with your thumbs practically on top of each other the entire time. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new PS controller feels tbqh.

.....but I'll be buying both so it really doesn't matter.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y