It's getting really close to the Xbox One launch, and it still can be preordered

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 9/18/2013 4:03:40 PM
Wow O_O. I think the Wii U pre-orders were even soldout by now and MS is actually having less consoles available than the PS4.... which pre-orders are sold out for the PS4.

Not a good sign really
---
Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming has reached a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/18/2013 4:08:44 PM
Shovel_Break posted...
Wow O_O. I think the Wii U pre-orders were even soldout by now and MS is actually having less consoles available than the PS4.... which pre-orders are sold out for the PS4.

Not a good sign really

I agree it's not a good sign, but it's also not going to get much attention because of your sig. Got to be more subtle next time.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#3Shovel_Break(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 4:11:10 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Shovel_Break posted...

Not a good sign really

I agree it's not a good sign, but it's also not going to get much attention because of your sig. Got to be more subtle next time.

I had this sig from the moment The Last of Us release date was announced, the trailer that came with it screamed "This is gaming on a whole new level". Whats wrong with it? Especially since it turned out I was right, I wear it proudly
---
Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming has reached a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#4zephirrainesPosted 9/18/2013 4:11:42 PM
Vita sold A lot of preorders. Now look at it. Ps3 sold out at launch then fizzled for years. Maybe you should learn a little about business such as early adopters are the smallest part of a market.

Oh and the preorders are higherthan they were for the 360 and at a higher price point. Question is how much money is sony losing on each ps4 while MS is not losing money.
#5capnhowdy18Posted 9/18/2013 4:13:37 PM
Where can you place preorders for it still? Gamestop.Com, Amazon.com, Bestbuy.com all say its sold out. I know target just recently in the past week opened up preorders I believe and is still taking preorders for ps4 as well.
#6unclekoolaid73Posted 9/18/2013 4:24:37 PM
zephirraines posted...
Vita sold A lot of preorders. Now look at it. Ps3 sold out at launch then fizzled for years. Maybe you should learn a little about business such as early adopters are the smallest part of a market.

Oh and the preorders are higherthan they were for the 360 and at a higher price point. Question is how much money is sony losing on each ps4 while MS is not losing money.

There werent many 360 available at launch were there?
Correct me if im wrong but isn't XBOX ONE losing money on their Kenect? I thought I remember reading it was $300 piece of equipment.
#72ndAtomiskPosted 9/18/2013 4:33:29 PM
Shovel_Break posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Shovel_Break posted...

Not a good sign really

I had this sig from the moment The Last of Us release date was announced, the trailer that came with it screamed "This is gaming on a whole new level". Whats wrong with it? Especially since it turned out I was right, I wear it proudly

I wouldn't say a whole new level personally. It's a good game for sure, but nothing revolutionary.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#8iamdanthamanPosted 9/18/2013 4:43:23 PM
Xbox One was sold out a month ago. Microsoft increased its projections of the number of consoles that would be available for launch, and opened up pre-orders again. How is that so hard to understand? It is not merely the case that people just aren't pre-ordering.
---
All your base are belong to us
#9Satchmo25Posted 9/18/2013 4:49:29 PM
I heard X1 is going to have like 6.2 million consoles available, a lot more than PS4, might be why TC is trying to reassure himself.
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#10Foxx3kPosted 9/18/2013 4:53:24 PM
A critical thinker would remove an assumption and say:

"Y'know, a statement like 'preorders are still available' really means nothing without being paired with an estimate of available units."

But gamers, in typical fashion, are not critical thinkers.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]