Hundreds of TV Show Ideas Being Considered by Microsoft

#11psycho_slicerPosted 9/18/2013 8:11:21 PM
Yeah, I don't get this at all. I have netflix and can watch it on every device I own. I don't need MS to make tv shows
#12SunDevil77Posted 9/18/2013 8:13:09 PM
JWJW99 posted...
DelRowe posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
ManInGorillaSut posted...
M$ putting TV before games on the Xbone confirmed.

Yeah, that billion set aside for exclusives didn't happen or anything.

Exclusive TV shows?

1 billion spent on exclusives does in fact include TV related stuff unfortunately.

Nope. Just games; http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-29-microsoft-has-USD1-billion-for-exclusive-xbox-one-titles
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#13Foxx3kPosted 9/18/2013 8:21:28 PM
The last thing we need in "television" (television here meaning the set of services like Netflix, Redbox Instant, Hulu, Amazon Prime...) is more fragmentation.

Honestly, I'm still not convinced that it was a good idea for Netflix to get into original programming. Hulu's original programming couldn't be more irrelevant. I'm not sure that people even know Amazon Prime HAS original programming.

Do I think it's a good idea for Microsoft to enter that realm? Absolutely, 100%, not. I think that they should stick to producing live action teasers for games, because they know how to use it to manipulate hype. But it's highly unlikely that it'll be able to support a television show and it's highly unlikely that it would do anything to draw new users in. And if it's not free to Xbox Live subscribers, then I have absolutely no idea what they think they're doing because nobody is going to buy it.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#14MrImpatient35Posted 9/18/2013 8:25:14 PM
Cool. I like the Forward onto Dawn thing too. I'd be interested in watching a TV series based on Halo. I've been watching Red vs. Blue a lot so I'd watch that too.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#15slyman19Posted 9/18/2013 11:12:20 PM
NeoAnduril posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

No it actually didn't. At least not yet. Those were hyperbolic numbers given so the gullible could pronounce them in threads like these.

Are you going to provide proof? Or are you just another troll?
#16embrandedonePosted 9/19/2013 12:11:42 AM
slyman19 posted...
NeoAnduril posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

No it actually didn't. At least not yet. Those were hyperbolic numbers given so the gullible could pronounce them in threads like these.

Common sense. Sadly lacking with the Microsoft faithful.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#17Decimator11Posted 9/19/2013 12:29:14 AM
slyman19 posted...
NeoAnduril posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

I've had him on ignore for awhile. He's a troll.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#18NeoMonkPosted 9/19/2013 2:12:17 AM
If i wanted to watch formatted specific market television shows that have been put through every FOCUS test known to man I'd watch NBC!

What am I saying!!! I would NEVER watch NBC...
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#19xninjagrrlPosted 9/19/2013 4:48:44 AM
Remaking Blakes 7, not sure how I should feel about that. Although, BSG remake was amazing. So I have hope in remakes.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.