do you think Xbone's first year will be better or worse than the WiiU's?

#1Big_IsaacPosted 9/19/2013 2:54:04 AM
in favor of Xbone:
- it is regarded as a hardcore console, unlike the WiiU (which has to struggle with the casual stigma still)
- it has more 3rd party support
- kinect may attract casuals (?)

against Xbone:
- all that wonderful PR it got between announcement and a-week-after-E3
- the lineup of exclusives at launch isn't looking much better than WiiU's (most of the good games on it will be on 360, PS and/or PC as well)
- it's 150 bucks more expensive than the WiiU was at launch
- it has to compete against 4 other consoles (PS3+4, 360 and WiiU), while the WiiU had to compete against 2 (PS3 and 360) and is the most expensive out of the bunch by far

what do you think?
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#2NeoMonkPosted 9/19/2013 2:59:14 AM
Nothing can be worse than the WII U launch & line up.

MS will sell this thing by pretty much the margin we all expect it to & have seen every poll show 4:1 or 3:1

MS should be glad NINTENDO hasn't gone under...
The ATLUS deal showed us that the Japanese keep it to themselves with SEGA buying them up.

Sony would eat up NINTENDO in a second if they decided to sell off and become a software maker.
What would MS do then? I mean seriously... That would be disgusting!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#3Big_Isaac(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 3:04:01 AM
NeoMonk posted...
Nothing can be worse than the WII U launch & line up.

as a matter of fact,the WiiU's launch was anything but bad. it outsold both the 360 and the PS3 in their respective launch windows - and without a real killer app to boot. sales didn't start to sink like a stone until a few weeks after launch

the lineup wasn't too bad, either. there were a lot of decent games on it. problem is that most of these good games were available on PS3 and 360 as well, so there was no reason to buy a WiiU to play them.

The ATLUS deal showed us that the Japanese keep it to themselves with SEGA buying them up.

Nintendo isn't going under anytime soon, bro.

Sony would eat up NINTENDO in a second if they decided to sell off and become a software maker.

Sony hardly has enough cash to buy a twix bar right now, let alone a major company like Nintendo
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#4Spetsnaz420Posted 9/19/2013 3:07:40 AM
Nah...X1 will do fine by its own rights
---
I don't conform to social convention
#5Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/19/2013 4:26:50 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
NeoMonk posted...

Sony hardly has enough cash to buy a twix bar right now, let alone a major company like Nintendo

Yep. NIntendo is loaded and would cost a fortune for Sony to acquire.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#6The_DOAMPosted 9/19/2013 5:09:38 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
NeoMonk posted...

Yep. NIntendo is loaded and would cost a fortune for Sony to acquire.

Truth Nintendo's like what around 30 billion range and Sony's gaming department is 3-5 billion I think.
While Microsoft gaming department is in the toilet 6-7 billion and still hasn't broken even since they entered the market.

Sony and Microsoft are just leeches sucking their larger corporate halves of funds and resources. Though the Playstation has been in the black for some time. While Microsoft just continues deeper and deeper in the red every gen. Nintendo on the other hand is just Nintendo so they go into the red their done and function like a proper business. They can't afford to make some powerful system and devs can't keep up with the amount of funds necessary to keep up with Sony and Microsoft so they've been dropping like flies and huddling under flagships like EA and Activision.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#7adonfrazPosted 9/19/2013 5:16:28 AM
X1 will still sell like 3 million by the end of Winter and probably hit over 4 million when Titanfall releases.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
PSN ID: Loyal_Catalyst 3DS FC: (Loyal) 0533-4535-6191
#8PryexelPosted 9/19/2013 7:45:38 AM
Worse!
---
Banjo & Kazooie, Pichu, Ninten, Mewtwo, and Magnus for SSB4!
Pokemon Thunder Yellow for 3DS please!