Why won't MS run on their record when it comes to console support?

#1LICKWIDPAlNPosted 9/19/2013 5:08:57 AM
I keep hearing the XBone fans talk about "TEH DeY 1 LUNCH GAMEZ" but I hear nothing about "after" day one.

So ok, cool. Day one launch games won't be absolute garbage for either system. I know that and I think we can all agree that it is better this time around than before. The real question is how confident are you in the XBone...2 years from now, 4 years from now, or 6 years from now?

The OG sold 25 million and got left for dead like 3 years after release. So many people got screwed by that.
Gamecube by comparison sold 22 million and still had some decent games for a while after release.

The 360 came out a year earlier, had an 8 million console lead, was actually leading in world wide sales up until only a few months ago, AND some exclusives were snagged by MS paying for timed exclusivity for the first couple of years and yet, the device seemed to have run out of steam about 4 years after it came out.

This was the second time MS threw their arms up in the air and just said "screw it, we'll roll with the punches" Maybe they were satisfied by the ad revenue income stream that Live provided?? Just an informed guess by me.

My questions are, What makes XBone fans so confident that MS will keep pumping out support for this console knowing that MS does not fully support their consoles given their prior track record? Also, could that be why MS does not run on their record unlike Nintendo or Sony?

Discuss.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync!
#2pigman2003Posted 9/19/2013 5:19:45 AM
Quantum Break
Titanfall
Fable legends
Sunset Overdrive
D4
Halo
Black Tusk game
Project Spark

And 4 other new first party studios

Microsoft has already laid out 2 years of Big exclusive games and with their new first party studios you can expect even more.

You can harp on the Xbox One for many things, but lack of games is not one of them.
#3LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 5:23:24 AM
That list is nothing for the life span of a console, any console. MS destroyed Rareware and does not nurture their in house studios. Throwing money at a studio does not create hits as the 360 has already proven.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync!
#4pigman2003Posted 9/19/2013 5:32:29 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
That list is nothing for the life span of a console, any console. MS destroyed Rareware and does not nurture their in house studios. Throwing money at a studio does not create hits as the 360 has already proven.

I'm curious how you nurture an in house studio aside from giving them money.

Do you pat them on the back?

The Xbox One has a ton of games I want that have already been announced so I'm getting the system.

The PS4 has only announced a single game I want so I'm not getting the system right away.

Why is this hard to understand?

Their have been many hits on the 360, Halo was a hit, Gears of war was a hit, Alan wake was a hit, Crackdown was a hit, Blue dragon was a hit, Lost Odyssey was a hit, not to mention their arcade games like State of decay or S'plosion man.

If you want to judge a console on its past iteration then Why would I get a console with crappy online and the worst UI ever.....in the history of the world.
#5LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 5:33:10 AM
"Quantum Break
Titanfall
Fable legends
Sunset Overdrive
D4
Halo
Black Tusk game
Project Spark"

This is the reason MS won't run on their record? 8 games? As opposed to over a decade of history?
---
#6don_bananaPosted 9/19/2013 5:35:49 AM
What you seem to be asking for is a list of games currently unannounced spanning the next 10 years.

News flash buddy it's not gonna happen. Be grateful you know what we already know concerning games release and console support.
---
PSN: donbanana
XBOX 360 : Don Banana
#7LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 5:42:02 AM
That was a rhetorical question. The question that has not been answered yet is in the title.

If someone does not know the difference between paying for timed exclusive content and working with studios to make a better experience, then this topic might not be for them.
---
#8LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 5:43:31 AM
pigman2003 posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...

I'm curious how you nurture an in house studio aside from giving them money.

Do you pat them on the back?

The Xbox One has a ton of games I want that have already been announced so I'm getting the system.

The PS4 has only announced a single game I want so I'm not getting the system right away.

Why is this hard to understand?

Their have been many hits on the 360, Halo was a hit, Gears of war was a hit, Alan wake was a hit, Crackdown was a hit, Blue dragon was a hit, Lost Odyssey was a hit, not to mention their arcade games like State of decay or S'plosion man.

If you want to judge a console on its past iteration then Why would I get a console with crappy online and the worst UI ever.....in the history of the world.

You actually just proved one of my points...
---
#9LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 5:48:21 AM
Look at the release dates for those games and it will all make sense.
---
#10XBOXvsPCPosted 9/19/2013 6:31:58 AM
I have tons of Indie games to play right here on my browser for free. So why would I....anyway.
Discuss.