A little perspective into the 4:1 ratio for preorders

#11Big_IsaacPosted 9/19/2013 7:05:10 AM
COBRAxDFWxPJ posted...
COBRAxDFWxPJ posted...
this is also why i believe the xbone and ps4 will even out for the most part. ps4 better hardware, xbox one (although more difficult to develop for) better software.

the bold command is just <b >, not <bold >
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#12COBRAxDFWxPJPosted 9/19/2013 7:06:03 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
COBRAxDFWxPJ posted...
COBRAxDFWxPJ posted...
this is also why i believe the xbone and ps4 will even out for the most part. ps4 better hardware, xbox one (although more difficult to develop for) better software.

the bold command is just <b >, not <bold >

no sleep
#1382xenoPosted 9/19/2013 7:12:27 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...
82xeno posted...
Ummm....both the 360 and the PS3 shipped around 3 million consoles at around the 90 day mark.

That's point 1. Point 2: preorders are not selling out at all for the Xbox One, which kind of flies in the face of your logic, if what you are saying is true: That the demand for the Xbox One cannot be seen in preorder numbers..

List any store that has open preorders.

And it took like 5 to 6v years for ps3 to surpass the xbox in sales and its still close. But that wasn't the point. The point was xbox was harder to get at release because console manufacturing was limited while ps3 want

1) Walmart. One would think that if the demand was there and all other options had reduced preorder numbers in comparison to Sony, these would be sold out at this juncture. They aren't.

2.) No, both were equally manufactured, the demand just wasn't on the PS3's side because of the price.
---
Shwing
#14darkphiresagePosted 9/19/2013 7:52:31 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
kingofjamaica posted...
You're just assuming Xbox One will have better games.

What makes you think that will happen when all evidence so far puts multiplatforms as better on PS4, and Sony having a much better lineup of first-party studios?

How did you come to that conclusion. I never said anything about Games.

you posted...

I assume he means like, the os, store and networking/social programs and apps.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#15Orange_ApplesPosted 9/19/2013 8:03:53 AM
Numbers will even out if MS can bring out new and/or strong IPs. If all they got are Halo, Forza and Fable then they're going to be in for a world of hurt. For the past few years the only games worth talking about on the 360 were multiplatform titles.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#16IemanderPosted 9/19/2013 8:23:36 AM
The whole point about the PS4 and XOne discussion is simple.

The PS4 is about the games, the XOne is more about the OS and what it can do (For more than just games). Hence the XOne will work with Windows 8 apps.

Time will tell if this was a good business strategy, but I highly doubt it myself.

Imo software is important, as the Xbox360 evidenced. But not so important that people are willing to sacrifice some serious GPU/CPU power for it.
---
PC: i7-3820 | GTX 680 | 16GB DDR3 ---- Laptop: Dell Precision M6700 | i7-3740QM | Quadro K3000M | 16GB DDR3
360 | PS3 | WII | DS | 3DS | Vita
#17WM_PMCPosted 9/19/2013 8:24:54 AM
TC, you do realize the 360 was out for an entire year before the PS3, right?
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#18XBOXvsPCPosted 9/19/2013 8:55:03 AM
WM_PMC posted...
TC, you do realize the 360 was out for an entire year before the PS3, right?

and the PS2 kicking *** by that time. don't forget
#19ILikesCheesePosted 9/19/2013 9:58:56 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
kingofjamaica posted...
You're just assuming Xbox One will have better games.

What makes you think that will happen when all evidence so far puts multiplatforms as better on PS4, and Sony having a much better lineup of first-party studios?

How did you come to that conclusion. I never said anything about Games.

you posted...

I see that the TC didn't wish to respond to this little post, LOL.

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#20iamdanthamanPosted 9/19/2013 2:49:43 PM
COBRAxDFWxPJ posted...
you just said xbox has the better software

ITT: Software = games and nothing else.
---
All your base are belong to us