WHAT!?!? Deep Down is PS4 ONLY!?!?

#1EpeenWeabooPosted 9/19/2013 11:02:56 AM
What the ****, Capcom! I cannot fathom why the most amazing footage of any next gen game ever is on PS4 and not X1! Does Capcom not like money anymore!?!?
---
Come at me, bro!
#2bessy67Posted 9/19/2013 11:05:20 AM
Probably not. Their 2013 annual report seems to indicate it will be multiplat.

In this the 30th year since our establishment, we are moving forward with the development of new title “deep down” for next-generation consoles, representing the culmination of Capcom technology and our next leap forward.

Besides reinforcing existing brands, Capcom will focus on the development of fresh, new brands too. We are currently developing “deep down”, which integrates the latest state-of-the-art technology for next-generation non-portable consoles such as the soon-to-be-released PlayStation 4

The counterpart in collaboration for the “Panta Rhei” game engine is the title “deep down” for next-generation consoles. We are pushing ahead with development in tandem with the title development team.

“Panta Rhei” Ver. 1.0 will be completed to coincide with the release of “deep down”. And we will drive further innovation so that it is compatible with the multi-platforms of next-generation consoles. As long as we continue to make new games, growth in the engine arena will not subside.

Push forward with development of “Panta Rhei” in tandem with the title “deep down” for next-generation consoles

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/annual/2013/annual_2013_01.pdf

So 5 mentions of Deep Down in Capcom's 2013 annual report, and in all 5 mentions there is talk of multiple platforms.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3DarkestSoulsPosted 9/19/2013 11:05:32 AM
YUP.

PS4 EXCLUSIVE!!!

Sony builds the Panta Rhei engine with Capcom
#4HypnoCooshPosted 9/19/2013 11:07:19 AM
Yeah I was kind of shocked myself. But the bone gets DR3 so I guess it's even, no?
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#5DacianRathPosted 9/19/2013 11:08:14 AM
http://vr-zone.com/articles/deep-down-confirmed-as-ps4-exclusive/55349.html

In a recent Tweet, Capcom’s Yoshinori Ono reveals that Deep Down isn’t coming to Microsoft’s Xbox One, and will only be featured on the PS4:

deep down on PS4. we dont have it for X1. RT @SkovichDaKid Will Deep Down be coming to Xbox One?

— Yoshinori Ono (@Yoshi_OnoChin) September 7, 2013

Additionally Capcom has designed the new Panta Rhei engine to specifically run on the PS4, further distancing any speculation on an Xbox One release.
---
---
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
#6NatatteruPosted 9/19/2013 11:08:37 AM
Hah, Capcom, exclusives? Yeah, just like RE4, Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7, Dead Rising...
---
3DS: 3239-2567-4999 PSN: NatatBW XBL: Natatdood
Mains: P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - AE: Cammy/Ibuki - 3s: Makoto - MBAACC: H-VSion/C-Ryougi - Dragon's Crown: Elf
#7Nate_DihldorffPosted 9/19/2013 11:10:58 AM
Unless Sony owns the IP, it is not exclusive.

Expect the same for Dead Rising.
---
NCAACP- National Colored Association of Associated Colored People
#8Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/19/2013 11:12:37 AM
Natatteru posted...
Hah, Capcom, exclusives? Yeah, just like RE4, Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7, Dead Rising...

This.

I don't get why this gets polarized by the adolescent fans of both consoles on here but Deep Down and Dead Rising 3 will undoubtedly go to XBO and PS4 respectively.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#9_DevilBob_Posted 9/19/2013 11:12:52 AM
bessy67 posted...
Probably not. Their 2013 annual report seems to indicate it will be multiplat.

In this the 30th year since our establishment, we are moving forward with the development of new title “deep down” for next-generation consoles, representing the culmination of Capcom technology and our next leap forward.

Besides reinforcing existing brands, Capcom will focus on the development of fresh, new brands too. We are currently developing “deep down”, which integrates the latest state-of-the-art technology for next-generation non-portable consoles such as the soon-to-be-released PlayStation 4

The counterpart in collaboration for the “Panta Rhei” game engine is the title “deep down” for next-generation consoles. We are pushing ahead with development in tandem with the title development team.

Panta Rhei” Ver. 1.0 will be completed to coincide with the release of “deep down”. And we will drive further innovation so that it is compatible with the multi-platforms of next-generation consoles. As long as we continue to make new games, growth in the engine arena will not subside.

They mention PS4, but I don't see anything mentioned about Xbox One. I guess TC is right.
---
That silence you hear is the sound of my eyes rolling.
#10eyemakeknowsinsPosted 9/19/2013 11:16:40 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Natatteru posted...

This.

I don't get why this gets polarized by the adolescent fans of both consoles on here but Deep Down and Dead Rising 3 will undoubtedly go to XBO and PS4 respectively.

so because somebody quotes facts and provides sources for their info, they are just whiny lil kids huh? go crawl back unda ya rock son, deep down is p4 ONLY