The new Kinect voice commands will be able to control DVD and Blu-Ray playback

#11MrSpaM111Posted 9/20/2013 3:31:17 AM
brisashi posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
Because shouting at your TV is so much easier than pressing a button on your remote...

I can see it being much easier to say "pause" than to figure out where you set your remote if you are watching something at night. Especially if you are like me and your placement of the remote tends to migrate.

Pretty sure it takes more energy to say "Xbox stop, Xbox rewind, xbox stop, xbox forward wind, xbox stop, xbox rewind, etc" when it inevitably doesn't stop on the parts of the movie you want it to, than it does to click a button on your controller.

I can see why some people might find it 'neat', but I honestly don't see people using it more than simply pressing a button.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#12brisashiPosted 9/20/2013 6:11:10 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
brisashi posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
Because shouting at your TV is so much easier than pressing a button on your remote...

I can see it being much easier to say "pause" than to figure out where you set your remote if you are watching something at night. Especially if you are like me and your placement of the remote tends to migrate.

Pretty sure it takes more energy to say "Xbox stop, Xbox rewind, xbox stop, xbox forward wind, xbox stop, xbox rewind, etc" when it inevitably doesn't stop on the parts of the movie you want it to, than it does to click a button on your controller.

I can see why some people might find it 'neat', but I honestly don't see people using it more than simply pressing a button.

"Pause"

"Play"

Not that hard.
---
A wizard did it. http://i.imgur.com/AINZkWZ.png
Picture of a really happy puppy! http://i.imgur.com/TgcSg.jpg
#13MetroidFan9999Posted 9/20/2013 6:29:52 AM
Wait...wasn't the original kinect marketed for this?

So basically, what we are gettin with Kinect 2.0, is what was marketed by kinect 1.0?
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#14LICKWIDPAlNPosted 9/20/2013 6:41:13 AM
What?! REALLY?! "Cancels PS4 preorder"
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync!
#15BadLuckIncPosted 9/20/2013 6:55:41 AM
Bash the Kinect all you want, but it's little things like this that make me glad I live in this day and age of technology, no matter how small or dumb of a feature someone thinks it is.

I'm going into my Xbox One purchase very open minded with the Kinect, and will not dog it till I actually give it enough use to unbiasedly give a good opinion. Till then, for all you Kinect haters.. Sit down and shut up =)
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#16MrSpaM111Posted 9/20/2013 7:04:53 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
Bash the Kinect all you want, but it's little things like this that make me glad I live in this day and age of technology, no matter how small or dumb of a feature someone thinks it is.

I'm going into my Xbox One purchase very open minded with the Kinect, and will not dog it till I actually give it enough use to unbiasedly give a good opinion. Till then, for all you Kinect haters.. Sit down and shut up =)

Yes we should all shut up because the kinect does something a $2 headset could do

Hurrah!
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#17regsantotomasPosted 9/20/2013 8:15:36 AM
People marginalize this type of feature but it can add to the experience.

Not everyone has a universal remote and it allows the flexibility of not having to fumble with the game controller.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#18EllesarienPosted 9/20/2013 8:18:36 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
BadLuckInc posted...

Yes we should all shut up because the kinect does something a $2 headset could do

Hurrah!

We got it kiddo...you don't like the feature. Maybe you should post AGAIN telling us all just in case we didn't get the first 3 times.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#19teeebzPosted 9/20/2013 9:11:16 AM
Ellesarien posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
BadLuckInc posted...

Hurrah!

We got it kiddo...you don't like the feature. Maybe you should post AGAIN telling us all just in case we didn't get the first 3 times.

Haters gonna hate.

On a side note I can see myself using this feature, especially when I'm laying down and I'm not near the remote. It's much easier to say "Xbox pause," because my girlfriend wants to get out of bed to get a drink then to also get up myself, get the remote, turn it back on, and then hit pause.

Now if I'm right next to the remote and I have to rewind and stuff, I'll probably still use the remote.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
#20jenekiPosted 9/20/2013 9:22:04 AM
Will it require a gold subscription?
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.